Default exact the same problem win10 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    Yes, windows 10 is up to date
    tried repair/cleanup, uninstalled and reinstalled game and launcher several times, admin rights to neocronclient, admin rights to launcher, i even switched dns on my routers and rebooted them

also added exceptions for avast not to scan the launcher and subfolders
    nc is allowed in firewall rules

i dont get any error messages at all, i still cant get past login, and on my homeserver too xD

edit:with the high gpu usage by the launcher and now the exclusion of my not so powerful machines, i get the impression only more powerful machines are supposed to login and do some mining for you

edit2: oh yeah, almost forgot, updater.ini is identical to the ones on the working machines
    win up2date laucher works fine no erros at applog no errors at nc logs no errors at event viewer cant pass the :updating game data"
    NEOCRON FOREVER

This isn't a launcher issue then, my login into titan is slow aswell but I am able to log in.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    This isn't a launcher issue then, my login into titan is slow aswell but I am able to log in.
    Well, we dont know whatever got changed, that you "filed" under "infrastructure" changes. Because i think that slow connection is part or cause of the problem. Why is it slow now after all? WE DONT KNOW, do you?? If so, thanks for leaving us in the Dark
    I have 4 machines and only 2 of them can connect. They share the same line and network setup. Same OS, just different in Hardware and both machines not working are even the same platform?
    And your answer is "I can connect"?? Problem solved, huh? *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    @Ichwill: sorry, for the moderation thing.
    How do you fixed it? What was the problem?
    well i just posted this for a friend because he can't register here, just another problem to be solved?!!
    another friend would like to register a account but that doesn't work either...

what they did is they looked at a friends working copy and copied the missing files over to the not working copy and it worked out.

Account creation is disabled at the moment, sorry.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Account creation is disabled at the moment, sorry.
    yeah i am pretty sure we all know by now.
    the question is: WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwillzocken View Post
    yeah i am pretty sure we all know by now.
    the question is: WHY?
    The account system has to be re-written by scratch to get in line with the new EU regulations (GDPR) for example.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Microsoft released a win10 patch (KB4284848) regarding network problems...
    im installing that right now... ill let you know in a few

edit: nope, still doesnt work
    Last edited by ulx; 27-06-18 at 15:25.

@ulx, @ThunderSix and @Ichwillzocken

Can you please re-install the .NET Framework using the following link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=56116

Once that is installed (A restart may be needed) Can you then right-click on your "Neocron Evolution 2.3" icon in the new launcher and select "Repair and Cleanup"
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    Microsoft released a win10 patch (KB4284848) regarding network problems...
    im installing that right now... ill let you know in a few

edit: nope, still doesnt work
    you mention that you use avast, I'd personally uninstall that piece of garbage it could be causing problems when installing software, you shouldn't need a virus scanner or security software these days, windows denfender does a good enough job if you're careful when browsing websites. Use firefox with addons 'ublock origin' and 'no script', then you can selectively allow scripts running on webpage and block most garbage with ublock, bonus is it also blocks youtube ads which enrage me to no end.

The only problem I am having with the launcher is the downloading of the client files is slow... How big is this game install files anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    @ulx, @ThunderSix and @Ichwillzocken

Can you please re-install the .NET Framework using the following link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=56116

Once that is installed (A restart may be needed) Can you then right-click on your "Neocron Evolution 2.3" icon in the new launcher and select "Repair and Cleanup"
    I guess they could also run .Net cleanup tool prior to reinstalling it https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/08/28/net-framework-cleanup-tool-users-guide/

I needed to do this before I could install dotnet 4.71 under wine in linux, sadly although it let me install it didn't work in getting neocron launcher working in wine. But it could be useful for reinstalling cleanly in windows.

So the problem I'm having is it will start downloading and then it stops, I can only assume the reason is that its downloading like 17 files at once? I could be wrong but if that is the case my ISP being shity giffgaff mobile would probably halt those connections because they like to provide a good service for everyone... If not then its the launcher or the server that is rubbish. Why cannot we just download the files in a compressed archive and extract them our selves?

edit:

I just noticed if I leave it, it will resume downloading, maybe I'm being a little impatient...

I also noticed that each time the launcher starts it is downloading a seemingly large amount of data before I even click on anything and oh yeah its using 50% of my GPU, seriously guys this has got to be improved if you want more people playing the game. Providing alternative download methods would be very helpful for a start, I really don't understand why game devs insist on using crappy launchers, eve-online devs did the same thing, guess what? It pissed off 50% of their player base with its countless problems, it also broke the game for their linux players like me, so I just gave up on that game.

Edit2:

ffs cleanup and repair seems to have removed most of what i downloaded, talk about waste of time...
    Last edited by LiL T; 26-03-19 at 09:34.

Hey Lil T,
    please post your Applog.txt (inside the Launcherfolder /_nclapp).

X.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Hey Lil T,
    please post your Applog.txt (inside the Launcherfolder /_nclapp).

X.
    It is downloading fine however at this time of the day my net is slow, one thing that is annoying me about your launcher is that it redownloads the same video which is 30 MB in size every time it is opened, that is not good...

You can start the game directly via the neocronclient.exe, you just need the Launcher for Updates - You can also use the Update batch inside the _nclapp folder for it.

X.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast