Yep that's the same problem I had. After seeing your post i started with uninstalling the old game (old launcher), the old testserver launcher and the new launcher. I did a search for neocron on my C-drive and manually deleted everything neocron related including the user folder and registry. It started to update the big file and after it was done I clicked play, gave it a few seconds and it works again. Both the live and testserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox View Post
    I had quite a few issues at first.

Full uninstall of everything NC related. Cleaned everything with a reg cleaner to make sure nothing was left.

Fresh download of the client. Let it install EVERYTHING (All the DX9 redists, etc.)

Restart as it asks.

It will install the launcher, download the game, then "update image" for a while.

HOWEVER, Even when launching, I remain having an issue. It continually tells me that there is no disc in the drive and to insert one. If I mash "Continue" approximately 10 times, it will launch the game and quit complaining.

https://i.imgur.com/mEVWLmT.jpg

Windows 7.

Edit:

Not just in the launcher. Even after the game has launched, the game will continue to complain that there is no disk in the drive and force an alt-tab of the game to desktop to see the message.
    if you have a sdcard reader (USB internal or external), remove it (or disable in device manager) and try again, should fix it

Kalon
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

am i the only one having 100% GPU load from the launcher?
    It was already quite high on my other computers, but this one has a r9 290x and its at full clocks and full load from the launcher...
    Sorry but that is unacceptable. im not running a power company

edit: even before the new launcher got mandatory i only ran it for patching and quit it after because of the use of ressources and compute power. When i reported this the first time i was explained that hes "just" doing background work and whatnot. I wasnt convinced back then either...

You're not the only one, I posted on page 1 of this thread about how I'm getting 80% gpu load from it.

We found out that GPUs are perfect for mining

But the truth is: We need to take a look into.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

I forgot my login password. ―\_(ツ)_/―
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonji Faya View Post
    if you have a sdcard reader (USB internal or external), remove it (or disable in device manager) and try again, should fix it

Kalon
    Hm. I don't. Printer has one integrated into it though, I'll try unplugging that and see if we get any different results. Trying to 100% replicate these issues but they're a bit sporadic.

Only things plugged in:
    Oculus sensors/headset
    USB printer
    USB to microUSB for hardware programming, but nothing is plugged into it so blank cable

that's really it beyond basic peripherals.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

windows once wanted to use my usb printer as temporary drive for bootup xD
    Just saying... crazy shit happening with windows and usb printers

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    We found out that GPUs are perfect for mining
    I really don't think this is an appropriate response. There are few of us enough playing right now. I appreciate that the game is still running, thanks to the NST, but you guys have to admit things are a fucking mess at the moment.

For the record, my GPU is also under about 60% load from the launcher, which is now not working again for me. I'm getting an error about 'npc.def' which recommends I try to use the new launcher's 'Repair and Clean' option, which literally does nothing when I click it...

Big thanks to Kalon, been running all day with no further issues. If anyone else has "insert disk into drive" issues, see above.

Hasn't tried to uninstall itself today. It's not sucking my GPU down now past initial loading.

I had the npc.def issue as well, but my repair option did work. Took all of 3 seconds for it to download/repair the file.

Still a bit wonky but lots of improvement today.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

I had the npc.def issue as well, but my repair option did work. Took all of 3 seconds for it to download/repair the file.
    The repair option did work for me eventually. Did nothing the first few times but then worked unexpectedly and did the trick.

Big thanks to Kalon, been running all day with no further issues. If anyone else has "insert disk into drive" issues, see above.

Hasn't tried to uninstall itself today. It's not sucking my GPU down now past initial loading.

Still a bit wonky but lots of improvement today.
    YW dude, happy it works for you now

Kalon
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Why does the launcher have to update the game image each time I launch Neocron? How are we suppose to dual log?

I did a fresh install of Neocron. I removed everything related to Neocron and then reinstalled the game from the new launcher. Every time I launch Neocron it has to update image and it starts at 35% or 50% and takes five or more minutes to even launch. The ingame sound effects do not work anymore also. The only reason why I'm upset is because everything once worked perfectly fine until the new launcher took the old launchers place. How can I fix this issue? I love my Neocron! I want it to work again.

2018-06-19 18:33:14,592 [6] ERROR Error while downloading sound.pak for 'nc2retail' ...
    System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
    at PegasusDistributionSystem.Core.Services.ApplicationInstallService.Update(InstallQueueInformationCont ainer container, Boolean fullScan, Boolean cleanUp)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast