Default [Launcher] New Launcher

I've tried so many times with this new launcher crap that it's not as easy as one two and three. It makes it own folders and constantly thinks I want to download the test server files. This is the reason why I had zero issues with the old launcher.

The old launcher was designed 15 years ago.
    For 56k modems.

The new one is state of the art;
    It is easy if you follow the instructions step by step.

The NST is using this launcher for years now, without any problem.
    The launcher will only install what you want to be installed.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

mine dont even start at all.am getting error with net.runtime when i start the launcher.
    - System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-06-17T20:17:14.000000000Z

EventRecordID 797

Channel Application

Computer IK-PC

Security

- EventData

Application: NeocronLauncher.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException at PegasusDistributionSystem.Starter.App.IsUpdateAvailable() at PegasusDistributionSystem.Starter.App.DoStuff() at PegasusDistributionSystem.Starter.App..ctor() at PegasusDistributionSystem.Starter.App.Main()

any suggestions ?
    am using win 7 sp1 64bit
    Last edited by jimdistrict; 17-06-18 at 22:42. Reason: add some info
    NEOCRON FOREVER

That's because its a total piece of fucking shit. I uninstalled the damn thing and tried doing a full up reinstall and it continues to download in the old spot that it was last in. When non of the fucking files are there anymore. Now I'm just stuck on updating image. It constantly crashes and goes absolutely fucking nowhere. This is the main reason I never got on the test server. I didn't want to have to deal with this bright wonderful fucking idea of a new launcher that doesn't work. The entire game needs to be compressed into one file, you click setup, installs from patch A to Z, click play. Boom, done.
    Last edited by ThunderSix; 17-06-18 at 23:08.

I've had a couple issues with the launcher, not to be nitpicky but half the time it takes 15 seconds to start the other half it won't even start at all. I click on my shortcut, mouse cursor does the loading animation and then nothing. Also this is probably something wrong with my PC but just the video loop it plays is somehow pushing my 970 gpu to 80%...

I know I'm not the only one who's had trouble getting the thing to work, hopefully the almost non existent pop doesn't suffer anymore because of this mandatory switch to the nst launcher.

Launcher got an update, should be faster now.

@ThunderSix Can you post a screenshot of you launcher please? Don't forget to hide account Name.

Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Launcher got an update, should be faster now.

@ThunderSix Can you post a screenshot of you launcher please? Don't forget to hide account Name.

Z
    I can confirm it's now starting up dramatically faster than before, thanks!

Whats with the updating image every time I go to fire up Neocron? I have to wait from 50% to 100% each time. How are we suppose to even dual log? I've successfully got this thing to work once all day long. I'm about to go back to the CD version of the launcher.

I get the the system.io.filenotfoundexception error too when I try to install the new launcher on my win7 machine Jimdistrict.

On my win10 machine I get: system error: engine.dll not found, netlib.dll not found, baselib.dll not found and gamebase.dll not found when starting neocron.

When starting the testserver it does the initial image update and when I click play it just starts the blue cursor swirly thing and then it stops and doesn't launch anything or doesn't do anything. Sometimes it gets stuck, have to delete the process in taskmanager and have to restart the whole launcher.

The update, configuration, open folder, repair or remove options don't do anything with the live or testserver.

A week ago I could get on the testserver without any problems, it has always worked perfectly fine for me ! Tried to re-dowload and reοnstall about 10 times now, installed to a different path, installed all individual components seperately .. didn't work pity.

I used the old launcher past week to play the game but now it refers me to the new launcher which doesn't budge.

All I wanted to do is check my old chars on the testserver for a transfer but the transfer website wasn't working. Last week the transfer website was working again and now the launcher isn't working, aargh !

There is a subfolder called "_nclapp" in the launchers install folder and there you should find a log file called "applog.txt"
    -> GIEF !
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Ok the liveserver stopped giving the .dll error messages. It just won't launch now just like the testserver.

Zoltan, can I just e-mail the logfiles of my last install to helpdesk@neocron-game.com ? Or can you let me know another easy and discrete way to send them to you ?

I had quite a few issues at first.

Full uninstall of everything NC related. Cleaned everything with a reg cleaner to make sure nothing was left.

Fresh download of the client. Let it install EVERYTHING (All the DX9 redists, etc.)

Restart as it asks.

It will install the launcher, download the game, then "update image" for a while.

HOWEVER, Even when launching, I remain having an issue. It continually tells me that there is no disc in the drive and to insert one. If I mash "Continue" approximately 10 times, it will launch the game and quit complaining.

https://i.imgur.com/mEVWLmT.jpg

Windows 7.

Edit:

Not just in the launcher. Even after the game has launched, the game will continue to complain that there is no disk in the drive and force an alt-tab of the game to desktop to see the message.
    Last edited by Apocalypsox; 18-06-18 at 11:05.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

When you use the launcher the first time it will download a so called ~2GB "base image" of the game client. That's normal, everything else should be fast after.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

I did what apocalypsox suggested and deleted every neocron related file in the registry and user folder and redowloaded the lastest version of the launcher again and it works now ! Sweet

The configure, update, repair, etc buttons still don't work though.

Uninstalled itself again guys =/ Really unusable right now.

This is the 6th time I've dealt with this tonight. 6 full uninstalls and re-installs. Just trying to log in to log some data on low level pistols and rifles. See below.

This is the error I get when the game decides that the file referenced by the shortcut no longer exists and I launch the client from the game install folder.

https://i.imgur.com/AuivzmM.jpg
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast