Default [Launcher] Problem with the new launcher - NC won't install correctly

Hello NST,

I installed the new launcher to reinstall the public test server but when I launch it, after logging in I can't properly install the testserver...

When I clic on Neocron 2.3 - testserver nothing happens, I get no window that asks me the installation folder, and if I clic on play it downloads the files but I can't choose where and the game won't launch...

I updated DX, 2013 visual runtimes and framework is up to date (4.6.2)... any suggestion please ?! Reg key for installation path ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kalon

edit : ofc I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
    Last edited by Kalonji Faya; 10-06-18 at 11:04. Reason: forgot some stuff xx
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Testserver was working perfectly fine for me until the last patch and now it refuses to launch here too. Same as above it will update automatically but when I press play nothing happens. I tried reinstalling a few times, installed to anoth path, with firewall exception and firewall off, as administrator .. nothing works. Also the drop down menu items like repair, update etc don't work anymore. Any suggestions ? Thanks !

Unhappy NCE launcher

No Joy here also, nothing works in the launcher. Can't play the game at all. This is from a clean install of the game.
    Last edited by Outzone; 19-06-18 at 03:18. Reason: more info

Can you provie us your applog.txt please?
    It's in the Subfolder "_nclapp".
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Indeed everything was solved when I ununstalled the old launcher version and downloaded the new one...
    After installation everything went fine :

- it downloaded the NC2 base
    - then I HAD TO RESTART LAUNCHER to launch updates
    - then I clicked "Play", had to wait a bit first time I clicked, but game launched soon after ^^

I guess I'm lucky, but I hope everybody knows that sometimes when a software doesn't answer, you have to restart it from times to times

And don't forget to disconnect or disable your internal or external USB card readers, it seems it could prevent an error message at launcher start

Hope it helps,

Kalon
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Well the launcher is working now, but the client will load and when I get to the log in screen click on enter and it should bring up a server list then character list is just does nothing. One thing is the INI folder in the game only has a few files, I looked at the INI folder on my other computer and there is about 2 dozen files. Now that said I tried updating that game and it wouldn't even run after the launcher update so it got wiped I'm tired after about a half dozen re-installs of this game. Yes I did run the repair option in the launcher.

neocron INI.JPGneocron error log.JPG
    Last edited by Outzone; 19-06-18 at 20:42.

Ok, installed the test server copied all the INI files and pasted them in the INI folder of the retail game after tweaking a few things I got it to work finally. What a pain in the ass.

i also cant get past the login screen on my notebook, but i have all the ini files...
    no error message, clean windows and game install, simply doesnt go to server selection window
    Last edited by ulx; 25-06-18 at 17:59.