Default mobs through walls

cant you guys just put in a line of programming that sets boundaries for monsters and the environment that would keep them from going through one another?

Quote Originally Posted by carnaged View Post
    cant you guys just put in a line of programming that sets boundaries for monsters and the environment that would keep them from going through one another?
    This is an issue with interpolation between physical & visual collision detection with the added twist of having the netcode synchronize the same state of the world for everyone - simply put, it's already there but it's not perfect, and it's not a single line of code to put in. The issue has been around more or less since the launch of NC1, and I'm sure the developers are always looking to improve it.

However if this is a new issue where mobs can pass through walls (and not just corners like players do, aka clipping) or other mobs (like ghosts) then I haven't run into it and would like to see some footage of it happening.

i've seen that happening to. i think to increase the rate of packages send (even so it increases bandwidth for the server) would help a lot.