Default new player questions/help

Hi all

Have started a hacker but can't seem to complete the Mr Jones 2nd mission as I cannot find the stealthed low tec storage in Pepper Park 1 to decrypt the data? Can anyone give me a clue?

After hunting around PP1 for ages, I then decided to earn some credits instead by running some simple missions for my faction (NExT) but have just been given (as part of a 2 delivery missions) the task of picking up parts from an employee (first was 'Yul eagle, second 'Squall McCall') in Plaza 2 section but wasn't able to find either of those guys???

Feel like I'm banging my head on a brick wall here; I want to like this game but am getting somewhat exasperated

Any tips or advice would be very welcome!

Kes

Not sure if helps (since location pointing CAN be bugged at some cases), but all MrJones locations for missions are accissible through guide in Navray menu. MrJones category being the last in it, so key points should be selectale for Navray to show path to them for you. It is bugged in some cases, where say NPC can appear in other places - but generally works.

It's been a while i started hacker, so don't remember the mission, here is a guide for their missions if it helps https://wiki.techhaven.org/JonesGuide:Hacker

Generally, starting Hacker i suggest you first level Intellegence and Dexterity a bit, prefferably by using drones or pistols. Then respec with LOM pills to raise the stats you need as high as possible. Mains needed obviously Hacking and Tech Combat, but also

Hacknet Combat and Hacknet Support (HCK)
    Damage (100): Base 10 %, HCK 70 %, T-C 20 %
    Aim Speed (100): Base 20 %, HCK 40 %, T-C 40 %
    Aim Precision (100): Base 20 %, HCK 40 %, T-C 40 %
    Frequency (100): Base 10 %, HCK 40 %, T-C 50 %
    Range (100): Base 10 %, HCK 30 %, T-C 60 %
    Handling (100): Base 10 %, HCK 40 %, T-C 50 %

In STR put points in HLT as your armor and stuff does not translate to hacknet, but health does, so main defence stats are health/energy/xray resists.

Put some points in Athletics/Ability for run speed.

It is recommended to have PsiBoosters enmasse, as regeneration of energy in hacknet and consum of energy to kill mobs is very big. Basicallys starting with low hacking and tech combat is a real pain, it is best to get either to at least 50-75 by leveling stats with normal/drone combat, and then respecing. For more effectivity research available for you hackin software and recraft inf perfect quality for slighly more damage (just ask crafter in HELP channel at evening)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    In STR put points in HLT as your armor and stuff does not translate to hacknet, but health does, so main defence stats are health/energy/xray resists.

Put some points in Athletics/Ability for run speed.
    He means CON of course^^ and "Agility" skill is a subskill to DEX (T9 xD?)

under STR you can put all points to transport, since there is no use for any other STR combat skill or prc/frc resist in Hacknet

Thanks for the advice guys