1. #1

    Default FSP drop on spell effects

    Atm there it is very annoying dealing with caster mobs, since fire and spell effects seem to both pretty much blind you and also drop FPS very noticable for whatever reason.

    Is there a way to fix it or turn the effects off?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    Atm there it is very annoying dealing with caster mobs, since fire and spell effects seem to both pretty much blind you and also drop FPS very noticable for whatever reason.

    Is there a way to fix it or turn the effects off?
    Launcher => Dynamic Lights
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

    »What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

    »I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

    DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

  3. #3

    Default

    Did try that before, did not seem to have make difference with either option on or off. Tryed to change dynamic lights settings in config file manually, but same issue.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    Did try that before, did not seem to have make difference with either option on or off. Tryed to change dynamic lights settings in config file manually, but same issue.
    I'll have a look into

    Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

    »What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

    »I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

    DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

  5. #5
    teh brain WarIsSeXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Location
    MARS - Korova Milk Bar
    Posts
    575

    Default

    I have the same problem, fire casting mobs (mutants with flamer on MB Bunker) drop FPS dramatically!
    WarIsSeXy / Warpig / Makunta

    www.last-generation.de
    www.droogs-clan.de

  6. #6

    Default

    It is not just that, the effects pretty much blind. The lightning casting psy mobs spam their spells essentially turning screen white, if combined with fire effects and fps drop it because almost a crowd control abilities.

  7. #7

    Default

    Every fire and smoke particle effects seem to be badly coded or there are too many of them - flamer, hoverbike smoke, blessed fireball in 1st person, preachers fire...

  8. #8

    Default

    The curios thing: There were no changes made in ages. The lighting in Neocron is made by the CPU this could be an effect of the recent #meltdown and #spectre patches. I'll take a look into that soon'ish to find a way out to tackle this.

    Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

    »What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

    »I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

    DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The curios thing: There were no changes made in ages. The lighting in Neocron is made by the CPU this could be an effect of the recent #meltdown and #spectre patches. I'll take a look into that soon'ish to find a way out to tackle this.

    Z
    Again, there is no problem with lights here. Just smoke and fire particles overlapping themselves cause fps to drop. Try emitting them directly towards camera to see what I mean, prime example is blessed fireball in first person.

  10. #10

    Default

    Isnt spells and some weapons suppose to blind or make life difficult?

    I have used a program called Park Control for years which activates all CPU cores and not only
    for the game you are playing but for everything.

    When people in other games cry out lag, I usually have non or very little.

  11. #11
    Registered User Kalonji Faya's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2003
    Location
    Pau (France)
    Posts
    407

    Default Park Control Must Have SOFTWAREZZZ !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    Isnt spells and some weapons suppose to blind or make life difficult?

    I have used a program called Park Control for years which activates all CPU cores and not only
    for the game you are playing but for everything.

    When people in other games cry out lag, I usually have non or very little.
    Yey Park Control is hell of a software ^^ it activates my i5 turbo to it's max when in maximum perfs mode
    Always good to have 0.3ghz more for any game
    Last edited by Kalonji Faya; 19-06-18 at 14:16. Reason: typo
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •