Default #R241 Heavy CPU load

Why is neocron lagging my whole machine and generating a 100% workload on my CPU after zoning, even when i limit the client to 1 core? Even my mouse goes wicked with neocron >only<. Consistent movement is impossible. This is so very annoying and even gets me killed ingame.
    I sometimes also have to >try< starting the client 5-50 (yes, fifty) times and it still wont load up. This behaviour is the same on all my computers.
    Id love to hear an explanation...

Can you give us your PC specs and the OS you are using please. Also which zones cause this lag?

Also is there any difference when you allow NC on all cores?

Edit: Also which anti-virus are you using?
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

PC1: core i5 2500k, 8gb ram, radeon r9 290x 4gb
    PC2: AMD 7850K (Kaveri APU), 16gb ram, r7 graphics from APU
    PC3: AMD Athlon 5350 (Kabini APU), 8gb ram, r3 graphics from APU

All of them run on Windows 10, all machines got Neocron running from SSD
    EVERY zoning to ANY zone raises the cpu load, repeated zoning will cause every system to hang and sound to stutter.
    Then theres this unique Mouse problem ONLY occuring in NC.

And i only tried disabling Multicore because i was getting fed up with my machines lagging, so yes, theres no difference on the cpu load. even on single Core it causes 100% load after zoning which normalizes to around 20% after 10-20 seconds. If i tab to windows, the cpu load remains where it was at the moment of tabbing. So if you zoned and tab out, it will be 80-100%, if you zone twice or more the system hangs (especially when tabbing out) and ANYTHING you do on Windows takes forever due to the high load from NC.

edit: Sound is from a realtek onboard chip on all 3 machines
    edit2: And i already gave up trying on my Kabini, because i can try starting the client about 50 times and it will eventually still not load up once
    edit3: The mouse really goes bonkers with single core btw
    edit4: Avast antivirus on all machines, but nc has exceptions for game mode
    Last edited by ulx; 23-02-18 at 18:00.

We can't reproduce it on our side - even on older machines but we did some optimizations on our testserver. You are welcome to do the test again on that server.

https://forum.neocron-game.com/showt...-(10-Jul-2017)
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Using windows 10 and not getting the cpu issues you describe however I also experience problems loading the client. It seems completely random as to whether the game will run or not and can take several attempts to get it working.

I had a similar thing happen years ago with an older PC running XP but in that case the game wouldn't load at all for months, maybe a year. This was back before Titan even launched.

Okay, there are some optimizations in the recent update.

I would appreciate any feedback
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​