Default Mob Health (esp. Firemobs) way too high

I must admit, that it's been a while that i've been around NC (roughly 6 to 8 Months) and many things have changed. But now I am back again :-)

My story:
    I've been hunting Firemobs yesterday, where i felt a great disturbance in the force.
    Well - to be honest - i got owned by a pack of two Chasers and a Hopper..
    I do remember, they've always been a bit tricky - but I always managed to get them killed.
    I got a dedicated Tank for hunting Firemobs using the Special Forces Plasma Wave.
    It does around 3 x 115 energy damage on a Chaser's head (around 170dmg with a Creed). I am not sure, if Weapon Damage also was lowered in the past 6-10 Months.

The great disturbance was the sheer amount of Health those Chasers and Hoppers have. On the other hand, I think that especially Chasers lack a bit of damage. I need around 10 Ammopacks with my SFPW to kill one Chaser. 2,5 Packs for a single Hopper. I am pretty sure, i've never used 10 Packs on one single Chaser.

Quick Math:
    Chaser: 3x115 DMG * 10 Shots * 10 Ammopacks = around 34500 effective HP (probably lower HP but higher Resistances)..
    Persecutor : (none found yet, so no data)
    Doomreaper: seem to be kind of okay-ish. Maybe a little bit too high.
    Hopper: 3x115 DMG * 10 Shots * 2,5 Ammopacks = 8625 effective HP - which is ridiculous for a 68/68 HOPPER.
    I think this got a bit out of hand.

I do understand, that Chasers are 120/120-Mobs and thus should not be killed within split-seconds. But reducing their HP would be a huge help for the remaining Playerbase. It lost roughly 1 % per Volley.

My suggestion:
    Reduce the Healthpool of Firemobs by a fair amount (around 35%) and increase their Damage.

Possible Effect:
    More People farming parts -> more rare Parts on the Market and more (new/returning) Players being able to afford rare Stuff - as there seem to be nobody willing to trade/sell for fair prices.

Ting goes skrrrrra!
    Niree

Welcome to "balanced" Neocron... (and no, i dont find it so great either)
    Yes, you could kill a doomreaper with one mag (not a packet) back in the days.
    Mob damage already got boosted... visit regants boss room or gaia mine boss room to find out what im talking about...
    So, further boost of mob damage? HELL NO
    btw, 99% of attack animations from mobs are broken now...
    Id support lowering mob health, BUT then they would just melt away to the "new" vehicle damage output.
    Buy a combat hover or scorpion trike if you want to have the feel of pre-balance damage...

And please do not make suggestions like that if you havent even seen the whole (dilemma) picture yet xD

btw...did you like droner in the past? Try it now xD... almost redundant...

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    btw, 99% of attack animations from mobs are broken now...
    That's the main problem, you cant (you can but with extreme caution) kite warbots anymore because you don't see or hear their attacks or attack effects on you like rocket kickback (like when butche hit you with grenade you have kickback and deflector animation because he is not bugged, rocket launcher attack no kickback or deflector animation as he is bugged), then ad to that insane damage (i'm pretty sure attacks from mobs with broken animation ignore some spells and armor values possibly also implant values).
    If you look for Grim Persecutor (spelling ?) go one zone south from CRP, but watch out i didn't saw his attack (not sure he is bugged, i was sniping with TPW and turned around for 2-3 sec when reloaded) and he one (maybe two) shooted my tank so didn't bothered to go see him again lol.
    For me bugged animation/damage is more violent to "new player experience) than those mobs HP pool.
    Neptune - Purity....

The entire game is broken. You can't fight WB's because they glide across the map super freaking fast. There line of sight is outrageously insane. Don't even talk about Regants or any sort of boss room. The boss instant kills you. I was on a PPU with all rare shields, two heals going and I died instantly. I miss a working functioning Neocron.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSix View Post
    The entire game is broken. You can't fight WB's because they glide across the map super freaking fast. There line of sight is outrageously insane. Don't even talk about Regants or any sort of boss room. The boss instant kills you. I was on a PPU with all rare shields, two heals going and I died instantly. I miss a working functioning Neocron.
    Thats true
    Neptune - Purity....

Seems like I am not the only one, struggling with mob health.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSix View Post
    I miss a working functioning Neocron.
    Yes - I miss that, too.
    It's not like everything has to be bug-free right now. I can live with bugs - as long as they are addressed and removed over time.
    But in the meantime I'd like to be able to do something.. Like leveling Chars - one can do that to a certain point, where you have to deal with insane enemies (regants, warbots, firemobs, ...).

Just to make a clear statement:
    I am and will always be PRO-NC-Evo. Doesn't matter if there's another NC or not. I like NC-Evo, had a lot of fun here. I'ts like your Grandma - you don't switch her for someone who makes better cookies. You simply love her and spend time with her until she leaves.
    Well, NC-Evo is in a long coma-state right now. I'd love to help, but I don't know how.

So.. Can we have a Statement from a Dev/Official on this Problem? Is there a plan of fixing this? Or will it stay as it is right now?

Well, i dont miss the times at regants legacy, but especially the regant pa run at gaia mine is like impossible to do now i presume (we havent made it that far when we tried).
    But it actually doesnt matter where you go, ppus are made of paper now. Been to the graves in k12 and really had to struggle. ofc i was able to survive with constant anti poison spamming, but keeping other people alive?
    Besides, its not like the boss for regant pa run was too easy before. It was still able to kill whole teams if things went down.
    It was always a matter of switching aggro or hiding at the pillars for a short time.
    I dont see how this would work now, even with a soulcluster to draw first aggro. Gone in less than 60 seconds xD
    This is frustrating and hurts the economy.
    10 mil for mc5 chips?
    2 mil for regant parts set? (and that was considered a friendly offer by the trader)
    I say "No deal", i rather stop playing, and so i did last year.
    Char transfer brought me back.

The point is. If hardly anyone can get the stuff they want by farming (or trading for sane amounts), even in a team with ppu, theyre gone soon for sure. Including old-timers like me.
    And yes, im looking very forward to NC classic, because i loved nc1 and hated many changes of nc2, best example: the body zones armour.

edit: And btw, i didnt mean to say mc5 is too hard. But the prices called for mc5 chips are insane. Commander damage also is insane. Not everyone who wants to farm there knows how to do it. And lets be honest. People still >have to< glitch the game mechanics to farm in mc5 efficiently
    Last edited by ulx; 14-02-18 at 19:28.

Is a simple mob health reduction likely to alleviate the problem or is it a deeper issue than that?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Its deeper, most rares are worthless now.

you cant hit soft cap of rare weapons unless you put all points your main skill, you cant have any resist for tanks or agility with PE.
    If you put prc resist you make same damage as non rare weapons, but your aiming is better with normal weapons, so why bother getting rares.

PPU gets better shields with normal modules cos they dont have enough implants to give ppu.

My wocced PE makes more damage with tl 80 plasma pistol than judge, also aiming is better too.

My tank needed 400 shots with creed to kill 116/116 hover, it took over 7 mins to kill it, how long would it take with non capped char who is trying to get woc 1?

back in the days i killed terror mauler with i think dex 7 pompgun and wb with archer companion (dex 13 ?) on my spy becasue you need Quake3 skills but it was doable, fix a game to be entertaing again
    Neptune - Purity....

it taked like 20mins for each but at least was enterning
    Neptune - Purity....

You know the devs totally see the thread and read it. Its this mob health stuff and mob damage with broken animations that made me stop Playing. Dude the game is horrible as it is now. Why the Fuck do warbots
    3hit kill a woc tank with full gear and well rounded resists. Y'all devs ruined the game entirely. Great job. My issue is this. The issues being addressed in this thread have been present for..what, a year or two now? What was the purpose of any of this. Honestly. The endgame portion is unplayable now. Guess you reap what you sow. Great job to you devs.
    Last edited by AgentKane; 18-02-18 at 01:50.

Drones are fucking worthless...my capped ppu with all rare shields was one hit dead at regeants boss room in a team. My woc tank is worthless for endgame, considering the absurd mob health pools its not even fun to hunt. There is not one thing in this game anymore that's even remotely fun to do. Woopdedoo doing el farid to make money. Great...even on my woc2 spy with full rifle/htc setup using Ronin, it took me 10 minutes to kill a 120/120 hover. Did these guys seriously even try playing their own game changes before these patches came out over the past two years? So fucking dumb.

Its disappointing that threads like this will go two weeks with no input from the officials. They have the time to post worthless shit in Twitter, but can't spend twenty seconds to respond to what clearly is a group of incredibly disappointed, and disgruntled veterans. This is exactly why there is nobody playing.

We're working on the issue, it's a part of the balancing project.
    We're currently on it to adjust/lower the HP of mobs and some other stuff related to mob dmg output.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast