Cool Patch R#241-T#114-116

A new Patch is available for Vedeena!

Gameworld & Content

• the Job Center has now missions for new runners - Visit the second floor to start those

Graphics

• overhauled hack-tool texture added (1st person view)
    • Neocron Evolution 2.3 Loginscreen re-activated
    Last edited by Xanthos; 25-01-18 at 10:11.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I like what you are trying to do, I have a few suggestions for tweaking what you have done so far. I only got through the first two missions. Mission #2 pretty much made me rage quit after 20 minutes of being in outzone 2 zone, unfortunately. Here is my feedback so far:

Overall feedback: I like the idea of a job center, but I want the job to take you more time, and not be go there, take 5 minutes, and then go back. It makes more sense to not have most of the mission take place walking, but actually doing killing of mobs (if mobs is the mission). One large mission, large rewards to go along at completion.

mission #1 - farming teeth:
    This is a good idea, but make it 25 or even 50 teeth and then make it work with significantly more xp.
    rewards for #1
    (i.e. Full set of armor, let player choose which kind or make it related to character class of player?). Let's assume the XP is the main reward and the other items (even a full set of armor) is a small side-reward. If monk spells as a reward, make at least 3 spells given, etc.

mission #2 - plants: there are multiple kinds of plants in outzone 2, and when I just went there, I found only one mob to kill of the correct plant type. I did kill 5-6 plants total, but only one was the correct type. I noticed a side door that I explored that has basically no mobs that I could see. Fill that up with the cankered (?) plants you need to kill, and make the kill count at least 25. I would be happy with 50 to 100. Make the XP drastic. As it is, way way too few spawns, it just made me want to quit, and I think I'm not the most impatient player... lol Also, can you make ANY plant kill work? Even if you do this, more spawns are still needed. I dont want so few spawns not even one player can find something to kill, it should support up to 3 players killing stuff, similar to spawn amount in aggressor cellars at the minimum.

After mission #2 is adjusted I can keep testing.

Thanks, this is a good idea, and keep up the good work!!

Hey greensoldier,
    thanks for your feedback!
    It's much appreciated!

PTS update inc...

X.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

That was fast! Yes, the increased spawns is so much nicer - what a change! I nearly died on my WoC dex spy to them, which while amusing (I had zero poison con points and 1/2 poison armor including poison belt). I'm a little worried for new players (assuming this is meant for new players?) but I think the damage thing is beyond the scope of what you are doing, and relates to how PvE is out of balance more than what you are doing.

Good job! I continue on to mission #3 and onwards. I will report here after some more missions.

Side note: if mob damage can be handled, it looks like a nice leveling zone even without missions, for combat rank 10 or so players; I like it!

Hey Xanthos!

I have just created a new character twice. But when I try to select a weapon from the quickbelt, nothing happens. Boosters and Tools are working.

Are those weapons "red"?
    Please check if you hit the restrictions, otherwise give me another call

Quote Originally Posted by RuNmAN View Post
    Hey Xanthos!

I have just created a new character twice. But when I try to select a weapon from the quickbelt, nothing happens. Boosters and Tools are working.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Ok, wrong report. Can't remember that the first two (newbie) mc5 rooms were safezones... and I played without sound. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RuNmAN View Post
    Ok, wrong report. Can't remember that the first two (newbie) mc5 rooms were safezones... and I played without sound. lol
    Ok, great xD
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team