Thread: Silence

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Silence

I'm writing this post because I've notice absolutely nothing going on with Neocron. It's been dead and seems to be dying extremely slow. I love this game to death and when I talk about it with other veterans they are automatically turned off by the idea of playing. I realize that development is slow and hard to find. But, it would be nice to get some in-game double, triple, quad XP to get people to come back long enough to have something new, fun and exciting to play. Those of us that are strictly into PvE need some incentives here to play.

Double XP is on since the anniversary patch
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Most players are now holding out for the Neocron Community Edition Thunder.
    I had a great interest since the revival on Titan and have played solidly throughout that time. The appeal is no longer there since a number of poor management decisions have been made by Zoltan and his team. The development team being too proud of their work to issue a rollback has led us to this point unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderSix View Post
    I love this game to death and when I talk about it with other veterans they are automatically turned off by the idea of playing.
    Most Neocron Veterans are now between 30-40 years old, a lot of them have a family with kids by now, they just are or can't be that dedicated towards a game like they were years ago, and certainly most of them won't take their sparetime to play an ancient game like NC, even though the memories are golden.
    What this game would need are new players and quite a lot of them tbh, but you can't attract new players towards an old game like NC in it's current state (e.g. graphics) and with a non existing playerbase.
    I'd love to call back all my guys one more/last time, but i just don't see it happen...period.

Greetings from Infected though

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Awesome! I didn't know. Thank you Zoltan.

Post-balancing it needs a solid marketing strategy and then it needs veterans to help the influx of noobs.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by OLD No.7 BrAnD View Post
    Most Neocron Veterans are now between 30-40 years old, a lot of them have a family with kids by now, they just are or can't be that dedicated towards a game like they were years ago, and certainly most of them won't take their sparetime to play an ancient game like NC, even though the memories are golden.
    What this game would need are new players and quite a lot of them tbh, but you can't attract new players towards an old game like NC in it's current state (e.g. graphics) and with a non existing playerbase.
    I'd love to call back all my guys one more/last time, but i just don't see it happen...period.

Greetings from Infected though
    Yep, pretty spot on.

Although releasing this on Steam might drive some new traffic for a bit.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Are you sure it is still on because the XP multiplyer does seem right.... i normally get more XP even on double xp droning in the places i do. Just seems very low XP gain for the stuff im doing and other people have noticed it too. For instance... Ceres Lab on my Hybrid soloing it hitting 3 or 4 mobs all the time and get like 10-20k XP per tick...

I honestly just want one more thing from neocron: see the source code having a look into something that kept me playing for a lot of years sounds like a lot of fun

Not a game developer, nor do I have the time so do not expect anything on that front.

Sad to see Neocron die.

I mean, I know the team was waiting for some more updates before releasing it on a platform like Steam but you might as well just throw it up there as is. I'm sure it won't help the population much but it's really the only thing you can do unless they plan on just shutting down the servers soon.

They should also just enable crazy XP gains like 5x and just have that running at all times so leveling won't really be a grind and new players can get caught up fairly easily.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by NeosoliD View Post
    Sad to see Neocron die.
    That happened in 2004.

All available information suggests that the team are slowly working away in the background. For a game that basically stopped development in 2004, what's the rush?

People who come back to play a broken and unfinished game after a decade, aren't going to come back again in a year or two to give it yet another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    People who come back to play a broken and unfinished game after a decade, aren't going to come back again in a year or two to give it yet another chance.

That's exactly the behaviour I see regularly. People disappear for a while, then come back and play when they get the itch. In the last month, I've seen probably 4 vets from my days back in NC1 popping their head around the door to see how the game's getting along.

You're misunderstanding.

People playing in 2017 after not having played since 200*, aren't going to come back again in 2019 because there has been some extra polish. You don't take a <10 year break, become disenchanted, but turn around a year or two later and give it another chance.

NC guys only have one opportunity for a hard launch, and they're wise not to squander it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

afaik the game has less bugs and better balancing than ever before, so why not bring your friends and playpals and try some new career?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast