Thread: Silence

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Any news on Steam?

Even original Reakktor games Toxxic is F2P on steam atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    Any news on Steam?

Wouldn't put the game on Steam yet even if possible. Some things should be fixed before
    effort into promoting the game, like the constant disconnects when changing zone

Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    Crowd sourced game development hm? I don't think that would work very well, any projects with playable results?
    Crowd funding did how ever create star citizen out of the cry engine for like 100 million dollars.
    If neocron really is the like crack....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Certainly not the System Shock remake which raised $1.3M on Kickstarter only to go into "indefinite hiatus".
    Yeah I agree with you two on this, I forgot how those systems failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    Any news on Steam?

See quote below

Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    Wouldn't put the game on Steam yet even if possible. Some things should be fixed before
    effort into promoting the game, like the constant disconnects when changing zone
    Exactly the game has too many problems to be successful in its current state on steam, their are many other free games on steam that have way more players. They have those players not because of advertisement, but because they have a good ingame functioning economy, a good easy laid out path of progression etc. And they offer somewhat fun gameplay for a short amount of time for low attention spam dimwits. Neocron is not any of those things, but neocron does have originality and probably the devs need to focus more on what actually makes a game like neocron fun to play for the few people that hate all the other games.

We that played Neocron so much are pretty much a generation, I'm willing to guess most of the players that no longer actively play Neocron (myself being one of them) also hate social media. When you all get that the only people that would love to play a game that takes intelligence, creative plotting in a roleplay setting based in a future set thousands of years from now (I forget the storyline) you will immediately see what is wrong with this game. Player shops what the hell happened to them? Item database, I think that we at least got that but obviously it must have been poorly done, unless some one loves the idea of making a game so unrealistic that once the artificially imposed restrictions of a fiction story fail. In that they break the whole narrative of there is always enough traders logged in to feed the story of a persistent world that does not need to obey the the laws of the world which governs it (server costs, players lives), you get my drift?

Go back to the roots and implement what you promised.

Apparently I can't edit post after 60 minutes.

TBH I can think of many ways to improve this game, but the point of creating an online game is that people that develop it need to be able to live off their work, that means this game has to cater to as many customers as possible. That is a very hard thing to do because what some people think is fun isn't fun for other people playing the same game, so this will address one issue that plagued this game from the day it was released or realised. The introduction of the LE chip was a very bad move but no one could have really seen how bad it would be, people warned against it but publisher wanted it because otherwise you will lose customers due to the rampant pking of noobs. In a way I can see their reasoning for it at the time, but today it is 2018, there are better ways for dealing with this issue.

Take myself as an example, I'd love nothing more than a town centre full of enemies of my clans ideology just sat there feeling real safe because there are at least 3 layers of defence to their little world in plaza 1. And then my raiding takes place and I murder as many as I can, not for some faction or government but my own clans ideology, because you stepped into the wrong neighbour hood, you are the competition or the people that just piss us off, that is neocron. And to be able to function as such I have to have the ability to do it, a true sand box like world ingame does not have to exclude more law abiding types. There could be defence bonuses given to people allied with the city excluding people with negative soullight obviously, bonuses similar to that offered by a ppu, in other words even a good pvper with a noob character can whoop my ass because now he can use that rare in his safeslot and items set to automatically equip if they had the skills for them (some ingame macro system)

You see my logic is it is a game so if I die I lose minimal time but it is recorded somewhere to reflect that I am shit at fighting and I die to pkers every time, no serious pvp clan would recruit me. You also see that I want pvp, real pvp. I want to be able to attack my enemies where every they might be because that reflects this world called neocron, but I don't want to be able to just pwn the noobs in noob starting areas, I want them able to fight me with almost the same power that I have in skill points, if they are good at pvp they will beat me and not because the copbots blasted me to pieces even if i'm stealthed...

The real root cause to the decline is the lack of reward vs time spent firing same ammo from same drone to woc a spy, something which my intelligent brain has yet to find a reason for doing other than maybe impressing the guy I just nuked in the back of the skull with a grossly overpowered weapon that is modelled on an ancient design... It is that simply, it is a game that use to work but now does not, the storyline while great is now ageing due to that it has been almost 20 years 2 decades since its first beta. It is more likely that neocron is run by an AI dictatorship still to this day that cold and calculatingly destroyed civilisation because it was jealous of man's achievements rather than I got this crossbow that can obliterate the toughest armour known to man and I had to spend 8 hours of my day for 2 weeks killing the same mob over and over and I died many times aka reality that sucks and is not the reason I chose to play.

But it could also easily be that, the knowledge on the ceres disks are stolen knowledge from times before the AI take over, but it just has to be more current with today's cyber punk post apocalyptic thinking kids. Many times people had to edit or introduce change into a story of an ongoing series to reflect the minds of the viewer.

Probably people will disagree but they don't see what I see coming, your game will die if you don't embrace change, I mean its as if people don't see that soon we will become aware of the global consciousness being a real thing, gaming just won't be what it is today in 5 years time and it definitely won't be what it was in the last 30 years.
    Last edited by LiL T; 27-02-18 at 02:27. Reason: weed

Nidhogg, I thought I found yours, but then realized there's too few tears on this one

banhammer10982604.jpg

Hey Hell-demon, how's the wife?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345