Thread: Silence

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Hmm, where did I put that hammer?
    Do it. It's rusty and he's coming off as a malcontent

Anyway it's good to see the thread is slightly alive, albeit the only one active. Can we get an ETA on any of the new content? An approximation?

Within a month? Half a year?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I've tried to get new players in but their only responses were "lol what clumsy characters" or "too toxic community" ;/
    Ok, this is valuably customer communication. Out there in the real world you'd work with that by

A) advertising Neocron 2.3. Evo as the most RETRO cyberpunk postapokalyptic MMORPGFPS ever (think Fallout 2 online) , and by
    B) banning everyone having an account today and concentrating on new, fresh, motivated gamers.

...maybe start with part A) - really, NC is such a rare gem, a unique game, the last of the "real" MMOs, and it's even more: it's 2 games for the price of one. At first, it's an MMORPG with classes, professions, character development, teamplay, social support, and once you're levelled up that toon of yours, it's an MMOFPS like Planetside, just more way more dark and gothic. And it's free.

You wouldn't steal a lot of customers from the likes of Destiny, but many others. I smell hope, even if you don't.

and B) banning the toxic guys never hurts. (Not me, i'm not toxic. Just a little, maybe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    B) banning everyone having an account today and concentrating on new, fresh, motivated gamers.
    I'm motivated ! Every few years
    Neptune - Purity....

Quote Originally Posted by FarSight View Post
    It's the neocrack. It's potent. Just when you've settled down, got a career and education - hey maybe even a lovely lady by your side! Then suddenly WHAM!

Relapse and possibly a prolapse from sitting on your arse for playing neocrack at weird hours of the morning...or night.

We will never be free.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

It's really not a good idea to press for time scales as that just ruins everything. After all of this time I'd hope people would be able to refrain from asking for something so paradoxically bad.

The wish list idea is at least borne of optimism and is preferable to silence also. As for flame wars or attempts to stoke them... truthfully I thought that was a thing of the past also.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    It's the neocrack. We will never be free.
    that's the spirit.

As for marketing some1 could do remake of that movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW23ob82coo.

About the game, i installed today made baby tank (transfered multitrader from Terra), it was fun (like always was) running with newbie grenade launcher in oz-2 spider storage lol. But after 3-4 hours i asked myself whats the point ?
    Some people here are givving their thoughts why neocron failed as a game (not keeping players). I got mine too.
    For me biggest mistake was made in Beta4 (open beta) of Neocron 1. For people that didn't played back then at start rules was like those:
    - FFA full loot
    - in general no rares or other crap like this (faction items etc), every item was researchable and constructable (even COPOT Plasma Rifle)
    - higher item requiments for people with LED in (like 10% higher so if req was DEX 50 it was 55 for LED ins)

You can imagine how it was, most players first thing were doing was getting LED off, there were fights everywhere (even over rats in lvl1 sewers), equipement even top end (TPC for example) was affordable (slot enchancers purchasable) so players wernt afraid running in best gear all time, full loot ... with everything fast replacable it was no problem (and if was common to see 2-3 30/30 trying to gank one 50/50).

Then 3 things happened in no particualr order:
    - PvE players (yea in pvp oriented game...) whine about item requiments, so KK deleted that system, that alone killed nearly all low-mid level pvp experience (no need to LED out until 80ish in main stat)
    - introduction of rares + full loot whine (those 2 things are really combined), KK wanted to keep pure pvp audience but also pure pve folks, so to already good xp grind they added rare (faction whatever) items grind, those items as rare were better than top end normal so every tank and his mother wanted a CS, but hey i got my CS but now i'm afraid to go out because i will lose it ....

Those 3 KK decisions were game changers (or killers), players were leaving, pvp and pve as not many were happy with this SEMI FFA SEMI full loot SEMI grindfest ALOT crashing game (i forgot SEMI open world... l)
    I played in beta 3 (Veronica) and it was really good and fun. Essentially the way it should be.
    Then beta 4 open beta, people made suggestions and ... developers listened sadly.
    Never listen to the clueless masses if you have a vision but they didn't have a vision.
    Clueless being the keyword. And if you try to please everybody you end up pleasing no one.
    Less is more etc.
    That equipping your weapon raised your level was the biggest turn off.

Regardless, game released, I create a Tank (DarqTank) and I don't remember who the guy was but he was #1 and I was chasing him. He was like 5-10 points ahead. I don't remember what happened but I quit playing, I don't think I maxed it out. So that's my motivation right now. Getting my tank maxed in this game and do some sightseeing.

I didn't know there was a different Neocron. Where did they get the server software from?
    That video looks nice, that "neocron classic".
    The new UI forces me to play at 1920x1080 on a 4k monitor because it's so tiny and the font is awful tbh.
    But hey who am I to complain it's free and it works.

However attracting new people with this isn't going to work lol.

Is there was way to have the classic UI back again?

I have a question .. game will be based on Titan client (1 crash per day, quite good for NC game) or Veedena (spelling) test server client (crah every 90 seconds lol with same rig and settings) ?
    Neptune - Purity....

Altered.Carbon. is live !
    Neptune - Purity....

Sorry you came to this game so late, it was once all of our pass time, we loved it and it was because it did have a much higher population with much going on, but please do not let these slow times deter you from playing this game. Most of us vets are just popping in every now and again to checkup on it, I would hate to see this game come to an end because it was genuinely a great idea, a fantastic storyline of what a post nuclear war earth could be like. I did play this game in beta it took 6 days to download via a link on gamespy? On a 56k modem during my army leave some time real early 2000 or 2001 I think, erm Saturn was the server and it had I think around 600 - 800 players it was very insane in plaza, you could not move from one end to the other with out being pushed around by the congestion, the place was full of tradeskillers all selling their wares.

Pepper park was a bloodbath, rampant pking but it was fun! I lost my first gun just trying to kill some of the higher players, I remember being a total carebear and raging about it, the guys came up to me and hand me a different gun that I could not even use due to my skill point allocation. But when I left the army I came back to retail and I enjoyed this game so much that I would play in excess of 8 hours per day, not healthy but very fun. I am one of those players that longs for that sort of game to come back onto the scene and I reckon that the devs really need to start thinking about creating neocron 3... YES from SCRATCH! Crowd source it, get coders willing to work on it for free if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    I'm not saying we should follow what they do. I'm merely saying that they have a good portion of the old vets. Another problem is we need new blood. Everyone who played Neocron in it's prime is now in their 30's or older and has social responsibilities. We need young new players as well.

If you type Neocron into YouTube it's grim. Get videos from the classic camp or ones saying Neocron is dead. We need some serious PR and marketing.
    hehe new blood hehe man...

No they need to follow examples of successful games in modern times, modding, addons opening up the game to the playerbase which they probably will never do, cost is a poor excuse for lack of development, more talent is out their then they think. Hell I'm not great at coding myself but even I could debug code... Then there are probably many artistic people that could totally redesign every mob, dynamic thing to not look so dated, everything was said years ago before now.
    Last edited by LiL T; 16-02-18 at 06:49. Reason: quoted wrong person

Quote Originally Posted by LiL T View Post
    ...start thinking about creating neocron 3... YES from SCRATCH! Crowd source it, get coders willing to work on it for free if necessary.
    Crowd sourced game development hm? I don't think that would work very well, any projects with playable results?
    Crowd funding did how ever create star citizen out of the cry engine for like 100 million dollars😂.
    If neocron really is the like crack....

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    Crowd sourced game development hm? I don't think that would work very well, any projects with playable results?
    Certainly not the System Shock remake which raised $1.3M on Kickstarter only to go into "indefinite hiatus".
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

I think the whole crowd sourcing for games is too risky for investment from both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Certainly not the System Shock remake which raised $1.3M on Kickstarter only to go into "indefinite hiatus".
    Don't get me started. Bloody kick starter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast