Thread: Silence

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Celt I tend to ignore you these days because you twist words to your own agenda. If you can't see the point of my post then there is not much I can do to help you. Facts mean statements like hell demon mentioned. Luckily it seems at least he and I are on the same page. I think you are a rudderless ship.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    In a year when the games developers have become even more transparent than ever before with the likes of twitch, live streaming, dev blogs and weekly video updates why does a phrase like "behind the scenes" still have a place in this world.

Surely even you guys can see the irony here. The lack of interest in logging in stems from just this problem. Everything is behind the scenes. If you made a post with some actual facts in it you would see a monumental difference. So many people still lurk here waiting for a revival which turns into digital dust with each passing year. It's high time you guys gave the loyalty of the existing player base a bit of respect and gave them something more than "we are working on something cool". 2003 is long gone. People want more than half truths and conjecture.
    For what it's worth, it may be worth dropping into Discord as we're pushing for additional feedback and raising questions there over the last few days. Previous attempts we've made many times in the past to get feedback through the forum, where we post long fact filled posts bare little fruit, so we're trying something a bit different.

First I need to make sure I can keep people around and then we need to make sure some of the plans we have are going to come to fruition. Once we get the first content patch out, which will bring changes in additional to Xanthos' great work from his 6 test patches released in December, we might be able to open up a bit more.

We're never going to be able to produce huge plan files or roadmaps or developer diaries as all of that time subtracts from development. I have always believed the most hype and increased population comes from the frequent release of patches and changes. New things for people to look at and explore and hit each other with, so my hope is this newly found energy in the team is used to do that.

For now though...

Here's a personal to do list:
    • Fix weather;
    • Make Tech Haven a functional place to live again, with enough vendors and levelling locations;
    • Populate Tech Haven with the necessary NPCs and locations for the new TH based version of Mr Jones (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Bring the Fallen Angels home, finally removing all anti-CA factions from starting in the Outzone Apartment Complex (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Finally burn the Outzone Apartment Complex to the ground in my imagination, as in reality we need to leave it there to house pre-existing apartments.

Some great work destined for future release (via patch or otherwise) currently in progress from m'colleagues includes:
    • Release the new Launcher to improve download speed and remove ancient blockers in the patching process for Titan;
    • Further improving cheat detection and the automated tools which manage this;
    • Fixing exploits;
    • Resolving functional problems with the website (improved experience for new players);
    • Addressing starting gear and setups for each of the 12 professions for each of the 4 classes (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Add the next chain of missions to guide Neocron City based runners post Mr Jones (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Finish the story content and NPC creation for the new TH Mr Jones (improved experience for new players and characters);
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    Neocron needs more work and it's a massive undertaking for such a tiny team.
    afaik this is a free-to-play (because commercially failed) MMO run by a group of volunteers in their spare time. It's still there, after 15 years (just like Eve Online, but different), for us to play. And it's getting better, slowly. I don't think there will ever be real marketing, because NC is not run by a company anymore, and because there's no money involved, anymore. So marketing is probably going to be word-of-mouth, which means us. Same with activity ingame. I recently started a char, died a lot, explored long forgotten areas (died some more there), had a great time. If you want to do PvP, start a thread here on the forums, maybe, announcing a fight at cycrow next sunday at noon 12 GMT. Or whatever you're up to. You know, i don't think there's anyone we could direct our demands to. Because we're not paying for it. So Neocron has become more of a platform for our playful imagination. Which is exciting, isn't it?

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

I'd argue we're not even "free-to-play" as that has connotations of micro transactions, cash shops and other pay-to-win funding strategies. We're just, free.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    I'd argue we're not even "free-to-play" as that has connotations of micro transactions, cash shops and other pay-to-win funding strategies. We're just, free.
    Then why will no one play with us? ;_;
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    Then why will no one play with us? ;_;
    You can't attract new players with Neocron that much... it's too oldschool and the veterans are busy spending their time in family business.

You have to face it - Neocron became old and the community became old aswell.

I've tried to get new players in but their only responses were "lol what clumsy characters" or "too toxic community" ;/
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Here's a personal to do list:
    • Fix weather;
    • Make Tech Haven a functional place to live again, with enough vendors and levelling locations;
    • Populate Tech Haven with the necessary NPCs and locations for the new TH based version of Mr Jones (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Bring the Fallen Angels home, finally removing all anti-CA factions from starting in the Outzone Apartment Complex (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Finally burn the Outzone Apartment Complex to the ground in my imagination, as in reality we need to leave it there to house pre-existing apartments.

Some great work destined for future release (via patch or otherwise) currently in progress from m'colleagues includes:
    • Release the new Launcher to improve download speed and remove ancient blockers in the patching process for Titan;
    • Further improving cheat detection and the automated tools which manage this;
    • Fixing exploits;
    • Resolving functional problems with the website (improved experience for new players);
    • Addressing starting gear and setups for each of the 12 professions for each of the 4 classes (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Add the next chain of missions to guide Neocron City based runners post Mr Jones (improved experience for new players and characters);
    • Finish the story content and NPC creation for the new TH Mr Jones (improved experience for new players and characters);
    Don't get me wrong, it's good what you want to do, but were is new stuff for old players (i still have a free char slot so if this TH.Jones will come soon i will for sure check it). Can we have some events like NC1 "Laurent Hooverbombers" event ? For people who do not know what i talk about:
    - there were spawning (prolly GM spawned) modified hooverbombers (only name, stats and loot table were different, textures and models were same so not much work on mob)
    - they were hard to kill and even harder to hack (participated in killing and hacked one on Neptune but i had 125 hack back then when there was no hack privilegees, first to hack gets the loot)
    - they were droping usuall stuff plus "Laurent Weapon Mods" for each weapon type (not sure if there was PSI version but whatever) something like Ultimas but you could use both Ultima and Laurent on same weapon (no balancing issue as with maxed pure conster + all possible buffs + some luck + ultimas you could make all artifact nearly anything), but many people really wanted to have for example "Laurent Ultimated First Love"
    - event created many PvP ecounters as every1 and his clan were searching for them (not a case in our sitiuation, all server population i saw this morning would need minimum 10 min to kill one of them lol)
    - the goal was to find the source of those mobs, so people were triangulating, calculating, speculating, that was fun
    - event were never finished if i remember correctly because theu guy responsable left KK (or get kicked dont remember)

So all resources are already ingame, copy&paste mob and alert stats and loot table, copy&paste ultima and change name, etc. Of course i do not want you to make same thing, but lets try to use some imagination:

"Warbot Factory Security Chief confirmed today existance of big security breach in facility, details will be given to public in 14 days" (to get players informed before event starts). 14 days after: "Warbot Factory Security Chief: there are missing warbots, exact number is still not sure, they are carrying experimental gear, anyone seeing one of them should imidiately inform City Administration, Do NOT i repeat do NOT try to attack them" (sure we will not try lol )
    Copy&paste factory warbot (4 times), change name, stats, loot table (easy), what should they drop (apart usuall stuff) ? Let see, maybe "prototype weapon parts" number 1 to 5, lets put in event 20 warbots so 4 of each part (thats why 4 times copy&paste) so there is exact 4 sets of 5 parts, let's GM spawn them (not all at once but let's say when one is killed gm spawns another in another zone but in a proximity of 2-3 clicks from warbot factory). What we get from those parts ? Whatever lets say "Last Love" after constructing you get all artifacted "First Love" with 1 free slot, different skin (change one or two colors) and different name, same requiments, dmg (like all artifact first love) so also not too much work..

Reasuming: not much work, if annouced 14 days before start we could see some more activity when event starts, not unbalancing the game, people would have some fun, maybe even some evil pk'rs would log in to hunt the hunters (also a good moment to test your anticheats lol) etc etc
    Neptune - Purity....

Best one was Neocron getting attacked by mutants with rocket launchers. Plaza 1 was hit and there was a massive scramble to save Neocron and the vulnerable traders.

Or that event that was a hostage rescue from industrial sector and culminated with escaping through Neocrons sewer system fighting off pursuing mutants. Was pretty good and very tense to have someone hack the doors to progress further with mutants being spawned on top of us.

Only limit is imagination.

There have been lacklustre events which have been spawn mobs in wasteland and then pat on the back. Best events have creative spawns and other aspects of game play utilised.

One idea I had for an event was a diplomatic mission that goes south. A group of runners get stripped of all their gear to go meet a group of mutants raiding nearby outposts. Reason for the weapon strip is armed forces can be seen as a threat and this is a diplomatic mission after all. Well of course the runners are then held hostage in a cluttered garage. Luckily one runner is adept at recycling and there is plenty of junk. The event sees the runners making makeshift weapons and armour and fighting hordes of mutants with junk items in order to escape.

See what I mean. Use skills and mechanics to make different events.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I've tried to get new players in but their only responses were "lol what clumsy characters" or "too toxic community" ;/
    There is no community anymore because you've banned everyone that plays.

This is a good start. Posting official to do lists is good.

You guys are up against one man bands and indie developers now. Solid core mechanics can and will attract a few players along with exposure to retail outlets like steam. Look at the steam workshop for example. Is there anything stopping you guys from running a QA type of deal on submitted work?

A post like the above takes two minutes to write. An event like what hell demon posted takes maybe an hour to plan and implement - what is stopping you having a bit more openness about what's in store? What do you have to lose? All of the people still here have heard all of the reasons given previously and all of em are still here so that says to me they accept it for what it is. So what about having another go at that feedback request?

This is a good start. Posting official to do lists is good.

You guys are up against one man bands and indie developers now. Solid core mechanics can and will attract a few players along with exposure to retail outlets like steam. Look at the steam workshop for example. Is there anything stopping you guys from running a QA type of deal on submitted work?

A post like the above takes two minutes to write. An event like what hell demon posted takes maybe an hour to plan and implement - what is stopping you having a bit more openness about what's in store? What do you have to lose? All of the people still here have heard all of the reasons given previously and all of em are still here so that says to me they accept it for what it is. So what about having another go at that feedback request?
    Think you have to pay steam to be on there. Or some clause about making money. Neocron has no cash shop or any modern trappings you get from modern mmo's.

Celt I tend to ignore you these days because you twist words to your own agenda. If you can't see the point of my post then there is not much I can do to help you. Facts mean statements like hell demon mentioned. Luckily it seems at least he and I are on the same page. I think you are a rudderless ship.
    Addressing the flaws in your posts isn't twisting words, and I don't have an agenda.

I unfortunately do see the point of your posts, which is why I'm able to point out the silly stuff in them.

I think you're accusing me of being what you are i.e. a rudderless ship.

I'm fully ok with how they are developing NC and the method in which they choose to engage with the community, you clearly are not. You keep trying to make your personal problem with that into being a general problem. You whine about stuff, you're always negative, and you always make the same point in different ways before running away when anyone has the temerity to challenge your repeated crap!

It'd be fine if you were honest about it, but you always mask your personal issues with the development style behind a facade of "objective criticism". There is nothing objective about your criticism.

I should add, Nidhogg finally permabanned me from these forums for being critical about the NC2 launch. I am hardly a fanboy from olde returned to rhapsodise anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

The thing is nobody cares.

There might be a new interest in cyberpunk MMO fueled by upcomming series Altered Carbon and Cyberpunk 2077 game.

Even the movie Ghost in the shell might have increased the awareness a bit.

But, who knows?
    NC3 kommt!

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    I should add, Nidhogg finally permabanned me from these forums for being critical about the NC2 launch. I am hardly a fanboy from olde returned to rhapsodise anon.
    Hmm, where did I put that hammer?
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast