Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question What do you actually DO in this game?

Hey guys I'm new here, and I have almost zero clue as to how this game works or what there is to do in it...

Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate the game or anything, I was just wondering what people DO here? Can I get some friends on and go raid a 'dungeon' or cave or something? Can I take on cargo transport / kill / kidnap missions for certain powers who give me good shit after I get decent rep with them?

What exactly do you DO in the wonderful world of Neocron?

Well....most current players are PvP oriented I would say, but there are alot of PvE'rs as well as tradeskillers. Currently the population is pretty low, so there is not much group activities or events going on, but there is always something to do even as a solo runner. Use the HELP channel in game, ask questions, use Techhaven Network website for information. You can get your friends on and take on some boss mobs, run epics and get cool gear, hunt rare parts and build or buy rare weapons, join a clan, make a constructor or researcher and build your own gear....If you just delve into the game, I think you'll figure out on your own there is a lot of stuff to do and so many different character types and avenues to pursue. If you need any gear, implants, constructed stuff shout for ToS on help channel and we will take care of you. There are plenty of runners who help new players.

Suggested levelling areas: Plaza 1 or Plaza 2 aggie cellars (agressor captain missions) may not be the best XP but is a great way to make some small cash, sympathy, and learn the fighting aspect of the game. After that, make your way through the wasteleands up to Military Base and hunt launcher cyclops at the bunker in the northwest part of the sector and do the launcher missions. From there, you can pretty much level anywhere, El Farid is popular, Regants, CRP, Ceres Lab...then you can move onto bombers and vehicles at any point

It is an open world sandbox in the truest sense of the word. You can DO anything you really want to. If that "doing" involves others though you will need to use the help channel as others have said.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Just keep in mind that game uses ancient now systems. There are very little markers, just a few quests to do. No limits where you can go - if you manage to go past one-shotting mobs. No instances, no queueing. No item sets. Just pick a direction and explore.

For starters there is a grinding. Once your char get reasonable level of skills, you can go outside city, where middle-game starts - hunting strongest mobs in game to get parts for endgame. Endgame here is simply pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos7 View Post
    Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate the game or anything, I was just wondering what people DO here? Can I get some friends on and go raid a 'dungeon' or cave or something? Can I take on cargo transport / kill / kidnap missions for certain powers who give me good shit after I get decent rep with them?
    Welcome to Neocron.

First thing I recommend is turning on the help channel in chat. There's a lot of old rivalries in the game, so the chat can be a little bit salty - but if you let people know you're new, most will go out of their way to help you.

With regards on dungeons, there are a number scattered around the world. For newer players, there are sewers within the city which have mutants in them. As you get higher, there are some storage units in the Outzone (next to Pepper Park) which are good experience.

There are a number of dungeons in the wastes as well. They are mostly geared for more experienced players. They're not laid out in the WoW style you may be used to, but some of them have interesting drops on offer.

I recommend you take a look at www.techhaven.org - it's a database of quests, locations, items and guides. Some of the information is a little dated, but you should find enough to point you in the right direction.

As mentioned, the end game is mostly PVP or trading. The PVP is very slick and addictive. It's a little quieter due to the summer, but numbers will pick back up soon enough, so you've got plenty of time to get a feel for your character and get some levels under your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos7 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new here, and I have almost zero clue as to how this game works or what there is to do in it...

What exactly do you DO in the wonderful world of Neocron?
    Hi there, firstly i would like to say hello and welcome to Neocron, second of all to answer your question. You can pretty much do anything you like the possibilities are endless. So you first have to start leveling the character of your choice from hunting mobs, caves, 'dungeons' so to speak and pretty much anything else you can get your teeth sunk into. If you ever need help give someone a shout in HELP chat and im sure someone will help you leveling.

What I'm actually doing in Neocron ?!! Nothing now as I "lost" my main acccount thanks to a dumbass that did shit with it...

But if I was on, I'd do as usual : ask on help chan who needs help, then go do some rare hunts, than craft craft craft and mob bashing for my new runners
    When you think of what needs to be done for a runner you want to level and equip, well there's a lot to do indeed !! I never was bored in NC, I always found something to do or someone to help ...

If only I could play again :/

See ya all !!

Kalon
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid