Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Incentives for playing

Right now game is not very rewarding the prolonged game. Sure, you can say PvP, but apart from rare fights or organised OP there is no real things to do with our population. From update to update you see not much people logged in, because there is no goal. Some can say its good because you can do whatever you want - I agree with that, total freedom also mean you can get bored in no time. Here are my ideas to increase incentives for at least log in and play for hour every day.

Login tribute
    This is quite popular trend in mmos, giving things just for login every day. Since we dont have mail with attachments, rewards can be thrown into gogus. A random gift, from tradeskill lube, ammo to parts and consumables would be nice. I'd like to see constant chain of rewards with milestone bigger rewards (rare part, ultimas, slot enhancers, etc) than chain that reset if you dont log each day.

Daily missions
    The thing I really hate, but I understand why they exist. Single mission that can be completed once each day, either its killing certain mob or boss, craft or recycle amount of items to kill X players. Rewards: random thing + bigger chunk of exp and credits.

Daily rewards for holding OPs and War zones
    Give OP and War zones some certain thing that can be collected every day. This will also give more incentives to hold as much OPs you can. Best if there is some rng involved, for example cst mod with randomizable stats that need recycling with special lube acquired only this way.

Player defended villages
    Can be hard to introduce with level of NC mob AI, but I think it would be beneficial. Idea here is giving something like OP, but for PvE - a simple village that is raided by mobs each couple of hours. If waves of enemies are repelled - all players that contributed in defence get some rewards. Rewards and amount of mobs depend on amount of players in the zone.

I agree giving people incentives to do various activities, starting with logging in, is a great idea. This could be taken in a whole bunch of different directions, any direction be great.

Community managed events would also help. The nst has offered support on numerous occasions down the years. All of these ideas are great but all take valuable time and resources. The community can also help itself by organising events and donating prizes. It fosters goodwill and is surprisingly easy to set up. It might be worth starting there.

What's that line again.... ask what you can do for your city administration?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Just been thinking about this and what could add to the interest of playing atleast for me.
    Probably not the highest priority issues but still.

- Missions or ways to level faction sympathy others than doing kill missions.
    Killing rats and roaches becomes boring quite fast.

- Collectables that can be placed in apartments, more than the hard to get trophys.
    Could drop from mobs or supply box depending on level. There are plenty of object
    in the game that could be made into placeable apartment objects and with time more.

Level 1. Beer Cans, Barrels, Boxes, small items. And general items.

Level 2. Magazines, Plants

Level 3. Lamps. Pots, Artsy items,

Level 4. 4-part researchable ( tl50 ) items like Pepper park adverticements, Warbot Cola Ads, Rare
    paintings, Statues.

Level 5 Pipboy or Warbotboy Bobheads, Yellow Ball Statue.

- Gear Racks. Wallracks and stands to put weapons and armor on display in apartments.

- With Missions one would aquire Faction coins depending on mission difficulty. These coins
    could then be used to buy stuff in that faction that is sort of hard to get with this low pop like
    1-2 slot 100% weapons and in the upper end some just hard to get items. Would not replace
    faction vendors but expand on it.

- Look through faction vendors inventory and make some factions worth doing to access the
    vendor. Some FSMs basically have nothing to sell.

- Able to check out apartments before buying ingame. As in talk to an NPC that gives an
    address to a elevator and a password for different kind of apartments. Could go check it
    it out before buying one.

- Vendors or Auction House to sell player gear. Have to consider that FSM items could not
    be sold in these. Maybe have a vendor system with invidual NPC vendors in different locations.

I would hope that when new Content is made it would be aimed at things that more people would
    be able to participate. New WOC items and power armor is really nice but only for a few people
    and maybe just for one character. Need stuff that affects everyone and their alts constantly.

Most people are leveling faction symp with very easy recycle mission, it takes 20-60 mins to get 40 points faction symp depending the faction. It is enogh for changing factions or gettting enough symp for the FSM. It is also boring but atleast you can do it fast.

Doing faction epic also gives ton of faction symp.

My main issue is same as stated before in other posts - exploration. Neocron 2 has huge and interestingly designed world, however there is zero point to ever visit 90% of it. Aside from MAJOR redesign of mobspawns and loot drop, maybe add Bounty Hunting quests or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frell View Post
    Most people are leveling faction symp with very easy recycle mission, it takes 20-60 mins to get 40 points faction symp depending the faction. It is enogh for changing factions or gettting enough symp for the FSM. It is also boring but atleast you can do it fast.

Doing faction epic also gives ton of faction symp.
    Didn't know the recycle missions were good for that, have to try as most of my character have some skill in that. But still its not really fun and "lore friendly" way to do it. I mainly just want FSM access and one can only do ones own Epic quest. Also Epic quest rewards on most factions are honestly just crap. I just did Black Dragon Epic and ffs. apartment is in Outzone apartment sector and it looks like a dump. Considering that BD Epic have one of the best rewards. One would expect a cool apartment in Pepper Park as reward.

Added part 1. Took recycle mission which sent me to Plaza 2 to a Reqruitment officer named Garrett Shane which I couln't find. Ended quitting mission.

Added part 2. Took another recycle mission for City Admin. After a long time within the HQ i found the first NPC to talk to ( the arrows to the npc is totally borked ) and given order to recycle Solantium 5 pcs. Don't know if its a bug but bought 1 pack of Solantium to recycle which didn't work and so ended buying 4 pcs of Solantium more. Back to City Admin and again took a good while to find the other NPC to give the Solantium to.

This is the kind of mission people rage quit of. Have no idea how you can level faction with this
    Last edited by Kragar; 04-03-18 at 23:50. Reason: Added

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhardha View Post
    My main issue is same as stated before in other posts - exploration. Neocron 2 has huge and interestingly designed world, however there is zero point to ever visit 90% of it. Aside from MAJOR redesign of mobspawns and loot drop, maybe add Bounty Hunting quests or something.
    Seen lots of the places in NC but still its fun to find strange buildings and features out there. Too bad they just don't have any purpose. I also agree that many places would need a look on mob spawns as many places just have starter character level mobs. Bounty Hunting quests are basically the kill quests and in its current state people just do the quests that one have the fastest way of completing. One problem is that its limited to one quest. I would like to have more quests active at the same time, then I would also take quests for rarer mobs.

CA is the 60 min, you have to read the mission text before accepting the mission, you need to make sure that mission giver is inside CA HQ, keep rolling missions till you find that it is inside HQ.

also you need to buy 3 cheapest chemicals from cryton tech tools about 100 stack each.

normaly you do the mission in order where you talk human resource guy first and return the mission to FSM, but you can do it other way around too, where you first return chemicals to FSM and then talk human resouce guy.

it makes it faster if there is citycom close both humah resouce guy and FSM.

CA is the 60 min, you have to read the mission text before accepting the mission, you need to make sure that mission giver is inside CA HQ, keep rolling missions till you find that it is inside HQ.

also you need to buy 3 cheapest chemicals from cryton tech tools about 100 stack each.

normaly you do the mission in order where you talk human resource guy first and return the mission to FSM, but you can do it other way around too, where you first return chemicals to FSM and then talk human resouce guy.

it makes it faster if there is citycom close both humah resouce guy and FSM.
    The mission with the missing NPC was not CA but another faction and pointed to a NPC I couldn't find.
    CA HQ is just annoying with the NPCs in different levels. Recycling didn't succeed because I put the
    tool in wrong slot. Still this brings forth the point that information is not available properly ingame.

Thanks for the info, will try again

Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    The mission with the missing NPC was not CA but another faction and pointed to a NPC I couldn't find.
    Can you give more details of this missing NPC including the faction and the mission you was running - thanks.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Was trying to do Twilight Guardian mission and some of the Recycle missions point to a character in Plaza 2 which I never found and the NPC tracker arrows did not activate in Plaza 2

All research missions miss description in the mission window. ( Atleast Low Level )

TG and CM npc are not always inside HQ that is why you need to read the mission text first where you can find it before accepting it.

Recycle missions you don't have to recycle your self, it is enough to have 5x needed chemical your inventory.

For very easy recycle missions its always the 3 cheapest chemicals you need.

TG and CM npc are not always inside HQ that is why you need to read the mission text first where you can find it before accepting it.

Recycle missions you don't have to recycle your self, it is enough to have 5x needed chemical your inventory.

For very easy recycle missions its always the 3 cheapest chemicals you need.
    Sure but as I mentioned the NPC tracker isnt activating in Plaza 2 for the NPC that is supposed to be there. The
    mission is bugged and why would it even lead to an NPC in Plaza 2 when the HQ is elsewhere where the mission
    is supposed to be completed.

Did recycle missions to Faction +90 and didnt get FSM access even if my character is allied with TG.

This is just good examples why people get pissed of at this game. Things don't make any sense, information is not there and
    so many things are still bugged. Doubt these features are recent either but have been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    Was trying to do Twilight Guardian mission and some of the Recycle missions point to a character in Plaza 2 which I never found and the NPC tracker arrows did not activate in Plaza 2
    I've done a little cleanup of Plaza 2 - This lost NPC should not appear in Plaza 2 any more.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast