Tongue-biting Constructor-Noob onkel_somb's Avatar

Default Do missions work (in the starting zone)?

Hello everyone,

I am one of the 4 or 5 new Characters running around in the starting zone (maybe the other ones are Twinks, I don't know).

First of all All Hail to the operators and the stuff for keeping this game alive (sadly, nostalgia keeps getting more and more meaningless these days).

This is my first contact with Neocron, so all be prepared to get bombarded with more or less stupid questions

So off to topic, then...
    I accepted a mission at the com station in the starting zone to do a TL10 research job.
    The mission is diplayed in my journal...
    But nothing else. What do I need to research? Where should I do this and who gets my spectacular and worldbending results?

Do missions work at all in the starting zone or am I too blind/dumb/<insertSomethingFittingHere> again?

Thanks in advance
    The uncle

P.S.: How do you keep handling the matter in the forums?
    I posted this question in the german and in the english section. Do I get a punch in the head for this or is it okay to do this to reach more pople?

I'm gonna be around in the starting zone this week if your still around. I dont know how to recognise human players or contact them in the same area yet?

F1 --> Zone-Chat

Tongue-biting Constructor-Noob onkel_somb's Avatar

I think I'll still be there for some time to get a better view of the mechanics and possibilities.

Perhaps you already seen me trying to get from GoGo to trading camp (walking REALLY slow, stuffed with loot and more or less well crafted stuff).

EirGrianna's the name, trying to survive as Droner/Researcher/Constructor.

In game use help channel to ask questions, when you need need some help with something. Also activate all channels.

Many players are using the Discord to chat and asking questions, there you will get faster replies than here in forum.

Also research/constructor/droner Hybrid doesn't work. Most players go full droner first and then later change to either research or constructor. you cant have high lvl skill with both skills same time.

You could also level up as droner/research hybrid or droner/constructor hybrid because you only need minimum willpower to use drones and have rest of the points some other skills.