Default Old vet considering returning

Hi,

Considering coming back but it's been a lonnng time since I last played. I was wondering how the game is currently...

[Edited]

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me a run down of how things are now or pointing me in the right direction it'd be appreciated as I miss the Neocrack
    Last edited by Bifrost; 15-08-17 at 15:59. Reason: Exploit discussion

The blistering crescendo of silence should tell you all you need to know about the state of the game currently.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Sour View Post
    Hi,

Considering coming back but it's been a lonnng time since I last played. I was wondering how the game is currently...

[Edited]

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me a run down of how things are now or pointing me in the right direction it'd be appreciated as I miss the Neocrack

Right now i would say it's not worth it, there are no competitive pvper's playing actively unfortunately. Hopefully when a lot of the balance changes are completed it will entice some to return.

"edited" ... some things never change. I laughed, when i was returning to this forum, looking for news. :-D
    Last edited by Zefrian; 29-08-17 at 00:21.
    Satzzeichen absichtlich wegzulassen ist gegenüber dem Leser eine grobe Unhöflichkeit, da es das Lesen des Textes massiv erschwert.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zefrian View Post
    "edited" ... some things never change. I laughed, when i was returning to this forum, looking for news. :-D
    It was an inadvertent description of an old exploit - nothing sinister.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    Right now i would say it's not worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefrian View Post
    ... some things never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    nothing sinister.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Do you really need an active playerbase for this though? All the quests can still be done right?

Technically yes you can do everything by yourself (including the tradeskilling) with 4 character slots but it will take a long time. As for the questing yes, there is no need for another player to be involved in most quests (epics) however some are just a tad harder/longer than others.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

There are usually a few people on. Some PP fight stuff going on early to mid evenings UK time and if you ask on help someone will respond, eventually. There are some trading clans willing to trade unressed for rares. MC-5 stuff is silly prices, but once again if you have unressed MC-5 parts there are a few who will trade for the chips. OP wars are rare and don't tend to involve many on a side, nothing like the "old" days.
    I came back two months ago, after a three year break, and am enjoying being back. Though some things shocked me - the weapon balancing, increase in mob health and lack of mob weapon fire animation (and err rumours about whats coming off the test server soon) to name a few.