Default Handling / Frequency mods on APU modules seem to do nothing (>99%)

Tested on TL82 Holy Energy Barrel - TL82 - PSI 82 - APU 126 - FCS 75

Character has the following stats (with lvl 3 psi cbt booster from ppu)
    INT=53, PSU=143
    PSI=84, APU=172, PPW=60

Module 1
    =======
    All 99% stat module=
    Damage 123 (143) = 66% (=77%x86%)
    Aim = 196%
    Frequency = 60/min

Module 2
    =======
    DAM 120% Handling 120% Frequency 99%
    Damage 128 (143) = 69% (=77%x89%)
    Aim = 196%
    Frequency = 60/min

Module 3
    =======
    DAM 120% Handling 99% Frequency 120%
    Damage 128 (143) = 69% (=77%x89%)
    Aim = 196%
    Frequency = 60/min

Dam (61%) / Aim (176%) both drop slightly when the PPU buff drops, frequency remains the same, frequency is also listed as 60/min when a different character views the module (tested on a spy and a ppu).

So my questions are these:
    1. - Do Handling / Frequency mods do nothing? Or at least nothing > 99%
    2. - Is the tool tip (Show info) miss reporting / not showing the affects?

If its (1) then there is no point using those mods.

- Have not checked range, ran out of modules to test it on...
    - Have not checked on modules with less than 99% build quality.

regards,

Kain

iirc handling had something to do with runcast no ?!

Anyway, I understand nothing to the new damage and aim system... on NC1 we had known values and we knew when a weapon was dmg capped (648% for apu and 578% for ppu modules iirc) than cap was removed and we had other values I can't remember now but at least we had some information on how skill affects weapon stats !!

How can we do now ?!
    What is the cap value for each type of weapon ?!
    How can we calculate dmg or aiming or even freq ?!
    How can the community make a new character skiller software like Neoskiller or Nskill ?!

So many questions after the release of 2.2 and 2.3 and still no way to know how weapons deal dmg... something has to be done about that, because I'm pretty sure everybody can't get an access to PTS just to test runner setups...

So I'm wondering, when will we have an update about Combat Skill ?! And when will we get the new formulas like we had before ( Ex : Damage (100): Base 10 %, H-C 70 %, WEP 20 % )

Thanks for reading,

Kalon
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

afaik frequency is fixed on every weapon type. So you can cross one variable off the list xD
    I mostly dont mod for frequency anymore

damage and range stats definately still matter

handling remains somewhat a mystery. Yes, you can fail casting shop bought spells with better stats while running, other than that, not really, and if its the handling, i cant tell for sure xD

skillwise, the amount of FCS will rise range and fix breaking spells at low character level xD
    For example, my tl10 jones heal used to break while running on my PE, when i had 0 fcs skilled yet
    Last edited by ulx; 09-07-18 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by ulx View Post
    afaik frequency is fixed on every weapon type. So you can cross one variable off the list xD
    I mostly dont mod for frequency anymore

damage and range stats definately still matter

handling remains somewhat a mystery. Yes, you can fail casting shop bought spells with better stats while running, other than that, not really, and if its the handling, i cant tell for sure xD

skillwise, the amount of FCS will rise range and fix breaking spells at low character level xD
    For example, my tl10 jones heal used to break while running on my PE, when i had 0 fcs skilled yet
    cheers mate for that, that's typically the kind of things we should be fully aware of ... like the combat skill formulas... and how resists really work (I mean shields, armor AND skillz*)... without those information we (setup makers) are totally blind while making our setups...

thanks for considering,

Kalon

* I'm doing some tests with Nescan resist scanner, and before I take time to make a complete topic I can already say : don't spend skill points to resist subskillz it's totally useless, shields and armor do more than 80% of the work...

So why spend time levelling con ??!
    If money can buy you a good fire or poison resist if you're lucky enough to have a tank or a PE to have enough armor possibilities to make good armor setups...

Worse, it seems that X-ray resist is totally useless as X-ray exist nowhere as a principal dmg weapon... we have full energy, full fire, full poison, full force and I'm pretty sure we have full piercing weapons˛ but there's not a single weapon that does Xray only dmg...

So what's the point in putting X-ray dmg ?! Even with modz it will deal only 25-35% xray dmg, everything else will be 99% energy... So I'm asking again, what's happening with resist skillz ?! You guyz made a good work to give strengh to armor setups, but you totally fucked up resist skillz in the same time ...

Please do something for that, I just can't agree with the fact that my tank has 115 energy resist and is far from capping energy resist even with full dura armor (not talking about shields it's a tank dudes)...

Sorry I'm pretty angry tonight, but maybe it's because I spent 3 days trying to understand how shield, armor and skill resist works...

and only answer I can give is : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG (in the castle of arg ?! )

˛ not so sure but hey there's a problem here no ??!

Just for things being said : I made tests with resist potion (the +30 one) and with the BD drugs (the +60 one) and I got only 2-3 points more in dmg resist ( I mean, I went from 2% resist to 4-5% skill resist with 30-60 more skill points )...

I'll post my complete testing protocol on the brainport section in a few days, you mates gonna tell me what you think of it

Regards,

Kalon