Default [RESOLVED] R231 Clent Crash on zoning ( mainily seen VR3 / 2 after client load)

R231 Client Crash on zoning. Had this since logging in on Sunday 30/07, seems to occur most often after logging in for the first time after starting game. Examples:
    30/07 - Logged into appartment - immediately went to lift clicked on lift, app is in VR-2- Sync screen came up, then client crashed, loaded client, was at bottom of the lift. Went to zone from VR-2 to VR-1, zoned ok as I went to move client crashed.
    31/07 - Loaded game, was in app, used lift to VR-2, zoned to VR-1 as I went to move immediately after zone client crashed.

I have Virgin ISP but running router in modem mode, direct cable to PC and its completely stable, no zoning issues, no disconnect issues, till now....

regards,

Kain

Edit / Hmm set precache to 1 restarted logged the same char in VR-2 and the client crashed immediately.
    So I rename models.tmp models.tmp.old and started game and it didnt precache, models.tmp file size is 1.7kb ~ weird. Seems OK.

Edit 2/
    Ok now I am really confused, Relogged and tried to go from vr-2 to vr-1 game crashed, reloaded and crashed going vr-1 to 2. Renamed modesl.tmp, forced precache, loaded game same problem. Did file integrity, no problems. Loaded game, went vr-2 to 3, no problem then went vr3 to station, no problem. So went back to vr2/1 border went back and forth 4 times no issues!

Time for a coffee ~ still no idea if the problem is my installation, VR2 / 1 or there is a bug.....
    Last edited by Kain; 31-07-17 at 13:36.

Edit 3/
    Went to CA HQ to start epic, was running back to app and crashed P4 to VR-1, then again VR-1 to VR-2. So I'm thinking VR1 is the problem....

edit 4/
    Fixed by patch 232:
    I was also getting some static scenery items as white - eg. Door switches in app for 20 - 30 seconds after zoning. Also fixed by the rollback patch.

232 (Details) Rollback
    The new loading system hasn't worked well on some machines so we have decided to roll it back to the previous version until this problem is sorted