Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    The game has 30 actives...
    Yes, and i don't want it to stay this way. What i want is new players, so if we're adding any QoL , please care for new, unexperienced players instead of flattening the experience for vets.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Yes, and i don't want it to stay this way. What i want is new players, so if we're adding any QoL , please care for new, unexperienced players instead of flattening the experience for vets.
    You know what new players don't want to see?

- Players being able to melee from 50 ft away.
    - One class getting a MASSIVE advantage from others in the form of immortality at the click of their mouse
    - A shit mechanic that forces them to constantly stop farming, fighting, or any other activity to continually drag shit from their backpack into the hotbar

Allowing us to put all of our consumables on respective keys would be an enormous QoL change for old and new players alike.

If you're going to quit the game because of an objectively superior mechanic, then you're cancerous.

<---- Triggered by stupidity
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Well, i don't see a contradicion here. . If all you can do in an mmo like this after you've used up all Pve content is to PvP, then we should hope for mor PvE content (new items, mobs, missions, areas, challenges) rather than giving it up and reduce the game to just another Counter Strike.
    So make another thread about it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So make another thread about it.
    Excuse me, but... no. I still believe we should ask for more starter/newbie content instead for flattening NC into an average online-shooter. No need to agree to my position enthusiastically, this is just my own humble opinion.

If you think PVE needs to be improved then make a thread and in the spirit of good discussion we will discuss/critique your ideas.

The change suggested here affects every player at every level from 0/2 right through to cap, LE'd or otherwise. It doesnt turn the game into a flat shooter, it does however replicate modern mechanics of pressing a single button to use a "skill" which you will find in every single MMO from WOW to the Division to any other more modern game you can care to even think of.

So yes, excuse me.... but yes.

'Ello,

Changing the mechanics of the RPOS and Quick Belt is some what more of an involved change. What we could do very quickly is create additional tiers of items for Medkits, stamina and psi boosters. These higher tiers would cost more and offer more charges, reducing the number of times you'd need to move items from inventory to quick belt.

I'd be in favour of these items being purchasable only from NPCs at cost of (X*Charges)+Y, where Y is an add on cost which would vary between the three existing tiers of medkits, for example, and this new fourth tier. This gives us a much needed money sink and gives the option of paying an in-game premium for the convenience which I think is quite a nicely balanced situation.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If you think PVE needs to be improved then make a thread and in the spirit of good discussion we will discuss/critique your ideas.

The change suggested here affects every player at every level from 0/2 right through to cap, LE'd or otherwise. It doesnt turn the game into a flat shooter, it does however replicate modern mechanics of pressing a single button to use a "skill" which you will find in every single MMO from WOW to the Division to any other more modern game you can care to even think of.

So yes, excuse me.... but yes.
    The voice of reason
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    'Ello,

Changing the mechanics of the RPOS and Quick Belt is some what more of an involved change. What we could do very quickly is create additional tiers of items for Medkits, stamina and psi boosters. These higher tiers would cost more and offer more charges, reducing the number of times you'd need to move items from inventory to quick belt.

I'd be in favour of these items being purchasable only from NPCs at cost of (X*Charges)+Y, where Y is an add on cost which would vary between the three existing tiers of medkits, for example, and this new fourth tier. This gives us a much needed money sink and gives the option of paying an in-game premium for the convenience which I think is quite a nicely balanced situation.
    If the end result means that the playerbase gets an item with say - 100 charges in it instead of 3 then yes I think this idea would go a very long way towards fixing this issue.

If you made said items also recyclable - at very high skill levels/junk requirement - you might even create another sub-economy. However if you made this item cost like 50k credits or something for one then yeah it would be a nice cash sink for a capped player also.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    What we could do very quickly is create additional tiers of items for Medkits, stamina and psi boosters. These higher tiers would cost more and offer more charges, reducing the number of times you'd need to move items from inventory to quick belt.

This appears to be a nice solution for a minor issue: Some Super-Medikit sold at very high prices at NPC vendors, not cloneable, with 4 or 5 shots (uses) instead of 3, so the runner would have an balanced advantage in fast combat situations. For Pve it would be useless anyway, just different.

This appears to be a nice solution for a minor issue: Some Super-Medikit sold at very high prices at NPC vendors, not cloneable, with 4 or 5 shots (uses) instead of 3, so the runner would have an balanced advantage in fast combat situations. For Pve it would be useless anyway, just different.
    I think you have an overwhelming desire to have the last word and you are grudgingly agreeing, even though it is obviously killing you but I am glad that you have finally seen sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12