Default Allow unlimited stacks/Remove Stacks of 3

Title says it all.

Remove the limit on stacks of 3 for Survival kits, Boosters, etc. Let us put all our Kits on 1 key, Boosters on another key, etc.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Not sure I agree with this.

Having 3 kits per slot is part of a character's resource management. It's part of the challenge of the game.

You can use more than 1 quick slot, at the expense of other items already - which again, is part of the challenge.

On the other hand... being able to have 4 or 5 charges per kit would be a lot more convenient.

Keep stacksize, auto-refill from inventory (as long as kits, boosters,...are available) but with a global cooldown of ~10 seconds for similar items. QoL increased; "challenge" (dragging small icons around the screen) remains.

Its not a challenge. Its fucking irritating. It is the same irritation of having to switch spells out because the dont last long (primes mostly). Every other game has a button where you can change stuff in the UI on the fly. I realise this game wont ever get to that sort of interface but these kinds of small changes absolutely go a long way towards helping it stay relevant.

If the lore states that a quickbelt can take a healing serum/cocktail of medical substances and inject them into a runners bloodstream at the press of a button to regenerate flesh suffered under gunshot trauma then why the fuck does it only stop at 3 shots?

It makes no sense why it hasnt ever been changed. I have made a thread similar to this previously and I am fully behind Bmurph on this one. It would help all classes out if you had the same deal for Psi boosters/stams/medkits. Have one slot for each set of consumables and people might actually use some other stuff, like hack tools, poke tools or whatever.

Convenience is the key here, resource management is knowing WHEN to pop a medkit/stamina booster/psi booster midfight not when to refill your belt.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Its not a challenge. Its fucking irritating. It is the same irritation of having to switch spells out because the dont last long (primes mostly). Every other game has a button where you can change stuff in the UI on the fly. I realise this game wont ever get to that sort of interface but these kinds of small changes absolutely go a long way towards helping it stay relevant.

If the lore states that a quickbelt can take a healing serum/cocktail of medical substances and inject them into a runners bloodstream at the press of a button to regenerate flesh suffered under gunshot trauma then why the fuck does it only stop at 3 shots?

It makes no sense why it hasnt ever been changed. I have made a thread similar to this previously and I am fully behind Bmurph on this one. It would help all classes out if you had the same deal for Psi boosters/stams/medkits. Have one slot for each set of consumables and people might actually use some other stuff, like hack tools, poke tools or whatever.

Convenience is the key here, resource management is knowing WHEN to pop a medkit/stamina booster/psi booster midfight not when to refill your belt.
    Will pretty much said everything I need to say as for my reasoning why, and the last sentence accentuates what true resource/stat management is.

Any time you have to stop, open your backpack, and drag stuff around during combat, there is an issue.
    The Melee Pusher

WTB modern day quality of life improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    WTB modern day quality of life improvements.
    +1 m8
    The Melee Pusher

So it's up to us (somewhat): what is it we want to play? A simplified combat game, like so many, or an MMO gently making you think about what you're doing. Even while doing combat. It's a different approach. Yes, removing stacks-of-3 would make the game easier, more convenient. And less interesting.

Did i tell you i tried WoW once? I deleted it at Lvl 7 or so. This game is clearly for kids, or adults with very, very simple needs. I'm happy there are games like Neocron. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    So it's up to us (somewhat): what is it we want to play? A simplified combat game, like so many, or an MMO gently making you think about what you're doing. Even while doing combat. It's a different approach. Yes, removing stacks-of-3 would make the game easier, more convenient. And less interesting.

Did i tell you i tried WoW once? I deleted it at Lvl 7 or so. This game is clearly for kids, or adults with very, very simple needs. I'm happy there are games like Neocron. Really.
    If you're trying to imply that a more streamlined, more sophisticated UI that inherently makes combat more smooth and more complex is somehow making the game worse, then I don't know what to tell you.
    The Melee Pusher

Increasing the number of medical packs isn't changing the UI, it's changing how artefacts sit within elements of the UI.

And I'd argue that increasing the doses reduces complexity, as there's less micromanagement of the toolbar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea. I'd LOVE another toolbar entirely for reasons like this

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    If you're trying to imply that a more streamlined, ... UI ... is somehow making the game worse...
    Yes. that's what i'm saying. Making this MMORPG more shooter-like will destroy it.

I have to disagree Torg, the shooting element and the open world combat is what kept this game alive for this long.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I agree with the idea here. Stopping to refill your quickbar isn't fun and certainly doesn't provide any challenge. I'm surprised anyone is actually against this idea.

Whether by use of a heal / stam button or increasing stack size I don't really mind.

I just care about the increased QoL and not having to stop fighting as often to refill quickbar.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I have to disagree Torg, the shooting element and the open world combat is what kept this game alive for this long.
    Well, i don't see a contradicion here. . If all you can do in an mmo like this after you've used up all Pve content is to PvP, then we should hope for mor PvE content (new items, mobs, missions, areas, challenges) rather than giving it up and reduce the game to just another Counter Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Yes. that's what i'm saying. Making this MMORPG more shooter-like will destroy it.
    The game has 30 actives who play the game. It was destroyed long ago.

There's not sense in making things a pain simply for the sake of being a pain.

This would be a QoL improvement that while small, would certainly go a long way.
    The Melee Pusher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast