Default R# 225-226 - 16 July 2017

Bugfixes

• DamageBoost should work on NPCs now
    • A bug in the hit detection was fixed - this bug lead to a wrong decision, it was too optimistic and in most cases you got the a positive decision result when the aim-recticle was fully opened

Gameworld

• Rocketlaunchers, Fusion cannons and Raygun cannons should be more accurate now
    • Outpost hackterms are solid now - mostly. You may find some un-solid terms because these sectors are still *work in progress*
    • removed several flying trees in the wastelands
    • fixed several typos in scripts

Balancing

• Tweaked accuracy of AoE weaponry.
    • Slight damage increase for all heavy combat based AoE weaponry.
    • Self-inflicted AoE damage has been reduced from 175% to 125%
    • Anti Vehicle and Anti Air Rocket Launchers recieved a major buff in anti vehicle damage.
    • Slight decrease of Psi Attack damage.
    Last edited by Aegir; 16-07-17 at 23:09. Reason: Forgot to mention AoE self-damage
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Why is self inflicted AOE damage higher than 100%? this means you do more damage to yourself than to monster. This makes no sense to me. Is it a case of you having to be an absolute moron to hit yourself now? Or is it still commonplace?

I ask this because someone (possibly Jack Drake) posted a log in newbie mc5 and it had new people killing themselves with the grenade launcher theyd been given to start the game.

If this is part of a bigger plan then obviously I will wind my neck in but it seems to me that if new players are still given AOE weapons as a starter, damage to self would be much easier on them if it was 75% instead. Alternatively give the newbs a direct fire weapon might help?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Why is self inflicted AOE damage higher than 100%? this means you do more damage to yourself than to monster. This makes no sense to me. Is it a case of you having to be an absolute moron to hit yourself now? Or is it still commonplace?

I ask this because someone (possibly Jack Drake) posted a log in newbie mc5 and it had new people killing themselves with the grenade launcher theyd been given to start the game.

If this is part of a bigger plan then obviously I will wind my neck in but it seems to me that if new players are still given AOE weapons as a starter, damage to self would be much easier on them if it was 75% instead. Alternatively give the newbs a direct fire weapon might help?
    Said the same on Discord. The AOE weapons appear to have crude exponential loss of damage from the origin point. Self Damage to simulate danger to an operator feels superfluous on the grounds that if they strike themselves, they will already do higher damage to themselves than someone 10' away...

The AoE nerfs have resulted in them being rejected entirely in PVP. In turn, mechanics which are intended to be countered by AoE, such as Stealth, now have reduced options to realistically oppose them - this is further unbalancing the game.

It makes me seriously question the logic and common sense that goes into these decisions. As in it makes me question if there is any?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

AoE do self-dmg to LE'd runners now ?

Kalonji
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonji Faya View Post
    AoE do self-dmg to LE'd runners now ?

Kalonji
    It always did tho?

Was not there for a long time and connot remember it did self dmg to LE'd runners...
    Pretty sure it didn't some times ago (I mean some years )

It's the problem with long break

Kalonji
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid