Default Hover Vehicle Controls(Make like Drones)

Recently we got new drone controls and they are a dream, what are the chances this new control system can be implemented in the Hover Bomber and Carrier?

No long winded explanation needed from me this just makes sense.

This would be a dream come true! I would be very happy if this were to happen.

Kiss with DIS

+1 that would be great, would be good for all flying vhc.

I'm gonna be a dick and say that I like the way the hover bomber/carrier pilot currently. Yeah it sucks that you can't look down while hovering or going backwards. The mouse controls the engines position and whether or not you're going up or down, letting us elevate with jump (like drones) would not make sense with the visual position of the engines. Am I making sense? I actually fly the damn things and consider it pretty fun.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    I'm gonna be a dick and say that I like the way the hover bomber/carrier pilot currently. Yeah it sucks that you can't look down while hovering or going backwards. The mouse controls the engines position and whether or not you're going up or down, letting us elevate with jump (like drones) would not make sense with the visual position of the engines. Am I making sense? I actually fly the damn things and consider it pretty fun.
    Totally agree with Drake6k, drones are just drones, some little tools you use to shoot things at not to carry things in the sky or to use for bombing from high level flying...

Its totally logical they improved drones movements, but flying vhc are... erm... FLYING vehicle, they must be hard to control. I mean being a pilote of a F-16 (sorry I'm just a big fan of Falcon BMS 4.33) is not the f**** same thing than controling your lil' brother's quad helix drone no ???

Just my 2 cents...

Kalonji Faya
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

I'm sorry to say but i have to strongly disagree with the both of you. YOu can't see where you're going with the current hover vehicle control scheme. This isn't a flight-sim we need some leve of inuitive rational design in place for controlling vehicles. Right now while Vehicles can be fun, a lot of times the controls on anything other than the Reveler and the Rhino as just so damn frustrating , not one but Jack even bothers with the Hover BOmber. I can see how it's nice being the only one that's any good at it but still.

Maybe a change of camera view then, but I found the controls very easy and really fast to learn, and those are tl100+ vhc so I think it's normal you nee dsome practice to have a good control of your hover

Of course it's not a flight sim but making controls for those vhc like drones wouldn't be good idea imo...

Kalonji

Vehicle forces 3rd person camera. What about allowing 1st person too? Driver seat usually have clear vision, like glider.

Should be an idea but Drake6k was speaking of checking the reactors to check the forward and backward direction (if I understood correctly), getting the 3rd person camera a bit further should give a better FOV and then get direction easier...

I still think movement shouldn't be the same as drones (it's my opinion), but I agree it should be a bit improved...
    But after all, I always managed to pilot every flying vhc, but like I said I'm a big fan of hardcore flyings simulation like DCS A10-C, or Falcon BMS 4.33 so learning to pilot those flying vhc is pretty easy for me, maybe it should be easier for ppl who are not used to those kind of vhc, maybe finding a compromise between actual controls and drone controls ?

Anyway, this is something devs should think about, even if imo (again sry), I think it's not a priority (I think about content for woc players and more helps for new incoming players)

If you want the camera further out type /set ctrl_externaldist 1000 (default is 100) or whatever other value you want. I personally prefer to fly the hovers with the default distance, it feels more precise to me.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin