Post Any update on Steam release?

Happening any time soon?
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Last information I recall was after balancing is finished and some other quality of life improvements.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I can understand getting the QoL improvements in but in terms of balance I feel it will never be truly balanced, if you wait on that it will never get on Steam.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Kiss with DIS

Game stability and new player experience > All tbh, and both still need a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    Game stability and new player experience > All tbh, and both still need a lot of work.
    You forgot Balance.

Fix Low TL Apu damage to fix Hybrids.

Fix Bomberdamage.

Would be a good start.

No Neocron projects seem to have the 'steam' to move forward at an appropriate pace to be able to put out a Steam release. Steam could definitely be the saving grace for this game, but there isn't much back-end support to prop it up. Volunteers = a fraction of their free time can only be dedicated to the game. Hell, I can barely find time to play video games anymore, myself :/

Sup Strife, how's lear these days

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    Sup Strife, how's lear these days
    Hey. He's been working hard for his wife and kids to spend his money. Not much free time for gaming, though he gets a bit of Doom in here and there I think

Is there going to be a separate/new server when Steam release happens? Because yeah, everyone will run like the wind away from this game if new players have to exist in the same environment as the mega1337 pvpers that have the best of everything and just want some target practice.
    If in doubt, fake it.
    If that doesn't work, lie about it.
    If lying doesn't work, you know what to do.

For 1 million reasons there should never be a new server if they do get as far as a steam release. There is an LE chip to defend new players.

And on the flip-side of that coin, those megal337 PVPers are going to be the ones teaching the new breed. You don't get good by fighting against people who have no clue.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they'd also be responsible for kitting out quite a few of the new players also. A lot of people are sat with cabs full of unressed and stuff, and they want new players to play with... the maths is relatively basic in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    And on the flip-side of that coin, those megal337 PVPers are going to be the ones teaching the new breed. You don't get good by fighting against people who have no clue.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they'd also be responsible for kitting out quite a few of the new players also. A lot of people are sat with cabs full of unressed and stuff, and they want new players to play with... the maths is relatively basic in my head
    Sounds convincing.
    New players should have some protection system to defend them from being destroyed right away.

If the new player experience included a comprehensive explanation of the LE chip and all of its benefits I think they'd be set.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    For 1 million reasons there should never be a new server if they do get as far as a steam release. There is an LE chip to defend new players.
    I really miss a 1-slot-server. It bolsters the player-player-interaction and ingame politics, provided that there are enough players.

Had free time and though of returning to Neocron and then realized there is no point since there is little perspectives.

Really need clarification of STEAM release perspectives and if its happening at all.
    1) Does it happen
    2) When does it happen
    3) Will there be new servers/wipe.

IF steam release happens and there is no wipe, then there is actually a point to play NOW.
    IF steam release happens and there will be wipe, there is reason to look forward, but not play now.
    IF steam release does not happen, there is no reason to play or look forwards to anything.

Just came back to Albion Online that is somewhat reviwed thanks to Steam and finally doing decently, meanwhile i truly wished to play Neocron, would have promoted it with friends, created threads on /vg/ and mmo forums, maybe stream - but only if there is overall perspective of game revitalization and the only one right now is Steam. It will not miraculously bring thousands of people (also being in steam is huge boost on itself), but at that case it would indicate alive state of the game and make it worthy of promotion and activity to create buzz around it.

I heard that before Steam release you want to "balance" , "fix" and polish it, but tbh delaying it just kills the point on working on a game in first place. For those who like, it is playable and fun in current state and they would live through even future major changes/balancing as long there is no wipe. For new players, no amount of work current support team would put into it would make a difference - they will either like the core game or not. If you want put it on "early access" to indicate beta state or something.

The only possible reason to delay i see if there would be some attempt to commercialize game only - which would be valid, to support it: however at this state i don't believe it would have chance as commercial project other than donations. It would not even work with subs liks Darkfall:Rise of Agon and the other its iteration that exist now.

I wish there was reason to play Neocron 2 and not wait for NUKKLEAR Neocron 3 comming somewhere 2053 after Star Citizen 2: Rebuild