Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Double XP Request

Hello

I'd like to WoC my PE.

Any Idea when we can expect the next double XP?

Without any boost it's artrocious.

Thanks

Odi

Reloaded everything up hoping for some july 4th weekend neocron shooty shooty bang bang hella XP action, sadly it was all for naught.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Hopefully with another marquee event.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

honestly though it's been a while.

NST said one reason they aren't doing double XP or permanent double XP is then noobs level so fast they can't afford gear. Noobs aren't making enough money, while capped people in Elfarid are making >500k per hour.

I suggest making all kill and delivery missions give 500% more money (I dunno exact amount, just pulled 500% out of my ass). They could give more XP too. It wouldn't be that hard to do and it would help the new player experience a lot.

Don't get me started with how bad the current mission system is. I did two Black Dragon delivery missions, one sent me to the TG Canyon and paid me 500nc, the other sent me to FA HQ (enemy HQ) and the guards 1 shot me. Kill missions are way too specific, with radiated roach, black roach, and roach all being different missions. They don't have the tech to make multiple mobs count for same objective.

Yes, double XP would be great and would only help the game. Aegir said AoE was getting buffed (thank fuck) so that will help too. Hopefully the double self-damage gets reversed as well.

Last 24 hours on kill board:
    Sarah Laursen killed oneself in A MC5-AREA with a Street Model Grenade Launcher
    Wiledan killed oneself in A MC5-AREA with a Street Model Grenade Launcher

Sad. I wonder if they even left MC5.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Honestly at this point double XP should just become the new norm in XP gains.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
    QFT

on the money issue:

Honestly that's easy to fix. Just double the money reward for low level mobs and kill missions.

No reason to wait till kingdom come with that.

Or make the junk worth more at a Yos Vendor.

A long long time ago we had an NPC in the TT hq who gave us anti-radiation suits (before Spy PA came along) so that as spies we could go and fight the DOY bots without any real aggro. (In context the DOY bots used to one or two shot most people who didnt have much xray resist). We never had xray bones back then either.

However part of the mission to get said suit was to also collect a large amount of loot to be sold for money to this particular vendor.

To the best of my recall I believe I have seen official word from at least one GM saying that implementing an NPC in a similar role would not take a huge amount of work. I may have made this up or it may be that this ability has been lost over time but if it is still possible to add temp NPCs with a small script and the ability to generate funds and remove items from the runner inventory then this is potentially another good way to generate said funds.

alternately what about having a wealth redistribution event - something player run - everyone chips in 1m credits and you give it to the "newbs" in the form of a lottery prize. Admittedly this is a band aid solution to a larger issue but it might well work for the short term/as a one off to show good will to fellow man/woman/cybernetic monster-daemon friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    QFT
    Just double the money reward for low level mobs and kill missions.
    I'd say up the reward on Easy to Hard missions. As soon as they hit EF, money's no longer a factor.

How's it looking with double XP?

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Or make the junk worth more at a Yos Vendor.

A long long time ago we had an NPC in the TT hq who gave us anti-radiation suits (before Spy PA came along) so that as spies we could go and fight the DOY bots without any real aggro. (In context the DOY bots used to one or two shot most people who didnt have much xray resist). We never had xray bones back then either.

However part of the mission to get said suit was to also collect a large amount of loot to be sold for money to this particular vendor.

To the best of my recall I believe I have seen official word from at least one GM saying that implementing an NPC in a similar role would not take a huge amount of work. I may have made this up or it may be that this ability has been lost over time but if it is still possible to add temp NPCs with a small script and the ability to generate funds and remove items from the runner inventory then this is potentially another good way to generate said funds.

alternately what about having a wealth redistribution event - something player run - everyone chips in 1m credits and you give it to the "newbs" in the form of a lottery prize. Admittedly this is a band aid solution to a larger issue but it might well work for the short term/as a one off to show good will to fellow man/woman/cybernetic monster-daemon friend.
    why did you tell everyone about the thing at the place??!???

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I've asked numerous times about doing something along these lines, but everyone complains and says "nope, not doing any kind of entrance fee"
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    why did you tell everyone about the thing at the place??!???
    sssh. I told them about the thing, the place is still secret.

So any update on double XP or a PE WoC fix?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast