Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PP1- Club Veronique

A couple of months ago PP1 Club Veronique was turned into a non safe zone following requests... Since the implementation the pvp has stopped in that area... PVP has now switched to PP3 where there is a safe zone the players can use lol.... So it's clear runners want that safe zone still.... it caters for the casual pvper.

I addressed this with the Runners that originally wanted the club to be a hostile zone.... They have stated their isn't enough benefit to hack the club etc so kinda feel like it's a waste having it this way.

I agree on this.

Lots of runners want a safe zone, this is evident from most "city" pvp moving to P3 and more recently PP3 with the bum asylum. If people have to fight next to a safe zone I'd rather that be PP1 where no pesky copbots can get in the way.

On a related note: nerf copbots
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

IMO I don't understand why NPC's were placed there.

Is it PvP or PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    IMO I don't understand why NPC's were placed there.

Is it PvP or PvE?

Primarily it's meant to be RPG. Certain things are necessary to the story and atmosphere. Continuing to remove key elements in favour of appeasing a specific gaming preference and it is farther and farther from the Neocron everyone fell in love with.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I mean, any time there is a safe zone where you cannot physically attack another player, people will exploit it. And to be honest, pp1 pvp was pretty cancerous. People would just park their PPUs in corners, buff themselves, and walk back out.

I've advocated for the removal of all safe zones pretty much since I've come to NC. I'm not saying it would 100% work in NC, but it'd be a really neat experiment for a day or two. Like, nobody in this game has stuff that cannot be replaced. Hardly anyone hacks belts on top of that. If you're that afraid to die, idk, maybe go find a PvE WoW server.

The general consensus that you longtime NC vets have is that without Safezones, NC would go up in flames and there would be nonstop pking around every corner. Maybe that is indeed what would happen. Maybe it'd be like that for a day or two. Or maybe it wouldn't be like that at all.

Only one way to find out.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

I'm kinda on the fence about this one.

Bob's point on Discord was that people enjoyed being able to duck into the club and get fully buffed and healed by a dual logged PPU - this feels cheap. I understand that it's popular with 'casual' PVPers like Bob, but why are we encouring a single-player to multi-box like this? Community - if they want to fight with PPU support, make friends with a PPU.

On the other hand, the club itself offers no actual advantage to the people who control it (even the guard NPCs are just a minor annoyance rather than an asset), so keeping it like this is pretty pointless.

Lol mal you like making up stuff. My point was for the casual pvper... being able to sit in the club and pop back in 30minutes of being AFK to see if anyone across the zone line to fight with. Also for RED SL characters its beneficial. And the main point is that PVP in pp1 has dried up since club changes were made

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    And the main point is that PVP in pp1 has dried up since club changes were made
    It's moved 2 zones away into PP3. And IIRC the main issue raised with this was that you have to run slightly further. Not the most compelling argument in the world.

Lol so you have just referenced the fact that players still want the safe zone for fighting next to due to moving into PP3 for the Bum Asylum safety. Thank you for supporting the argument

As I said, I'm on the fence about it and don't feel strongly either way.

I feel it's a shame that the club doesn't offer a better benefit for ownership, and it's a missed opportunity to do something really worth while - rather than it just being a place for people to idle or stow away a dual-logged PPU...

And if people are using PP3 and the Bum Asylum, then that supports the argument that reverting the club won't make much of a difference to casual PVP - as it's still going on, albeit in a different area.

When NC2 was launched we had no safezones at all for a while. Even Plaza 1 wasnt safe. There was rampant E-peen fighting everywhere. On Jupiter in NC1 they even had belt drops in Op zones!

It was great.

The community at the time whined like fuck though that they didnt have the opportunity to reimplant their LEs or have anywhere that was safe that they could go to to hide from the evil pkers.

Back then "anti" city also werent allowed in the city at all (copbots would one shot them) so all of the trading and interaction moved to Tech haven as it was neutral. This fragmented the community and took the vets away from the newbs (akin to the effect of Dalaran in WOW) and stopped everyone seeing other players.

P1 was made back into a safezone in short order (before the dust could settle really) and then we had fights in P2 - where everyone would run from the safezone fully ppu buffed and fight till half health and then run back to the safezone and go again.

Changing the safezone just moves the fight from zoneline to another.

In NC1 we used to fight in Pepper Park 1 with the P3 zone line. Oddly we didnt use ppu buffs back then, maybe cos most of us didnt dual log or we didnt have the capped chars or whatever i dont know. It seemed better because you saw all different kinds of fighters there, PEs tanks and spies alike. It was still zoneline hugging pvp but it felt nicer due to the variety.

Personally I love the idea of not having any safezones at all. I would welcome it in a heartbeat. But the problem is there are a whole bunch of other things that also would need to change in this game in order to make it viable. Tradeskillers would need to change massivley and a whole bunch of things about item drop, soullight rules, missions, copbots the works.

It wouldnt be as simple as press the button and see what happens because this has been done countless times down the years to pander to the community and as always there has been a downside which wasnt foreseen but had a huge negative impact on the community. Hindsight is a great teacher and experience is its bedfellow.

I dont think it matters where you put the safe zone - as soon as there is one people will use it to fight on because death in this game is a ball ache and nobody wants to die. That is the fundamental reason why you get such poor quality "casual" pvp now.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Good points will, i agree with most and would love to see safe zone's abandoned entirely for certain period. I'm just trying to focus my points on what is possible to change right now without too much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    Good points will, i agree with most and would love to see safe zone's abandoned entirely for certain period. I'm just trying to focus my points on what is possible to change right now without too much effort.
    I'm not sure I understand. A moment ago you were saying that the club was a bad thing as it killed casual PVP. Wouldn't removing safe zones from the game do more harm for casual PVP?

Lol damn these Bad dragon members like clutching at straws- "Good points will, i agree with most and would love to see safe zone's abandoned entirely for certain period" - Key point in statement being Certain period.

Whats so bad about PP3 ? you can park your ppu as a casual in the safe Zone and there is no Plaza nearby where you can dance around copbots . PP1 or PP3 i dont really care but for most parts pp3 is better fighting zone because there are not so much possibilities to sync away you even have 2 safe zones ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast