Thread: Vehicle Damage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Again, I invited you to discuss the other points we raised regarding vhc short comings and you turn it into a discredit & flame post. This attitude isn't welcome in balancing a game. You say everyone in this thread is making it personal - yet it is you blaming everyone else for the games demise. It's this attitude which makes you so difficult to reason with.

I've made several well rounded posts showing both sides and providing evidence. Until you provide similar I'm not getting dragged into insulting those who disagree with me.

And incase my view has got lost in the sea of flaming this has become - Vehicles don't require a nerf (see earlier for reasons)
    Oh I seem to have missed them josh... what shortcomings justify the vehicles having 5x dps than that of any weapon in game? In order to win op fight now = park hoverbomber over enemy if and drop bombs.. anyone syncing up is dead before reaching it out of the synchronizing screen... then park another hoverbomb near adjacent op if there were to try and defend from a close location , and keep dropping bombs , again there all dead before they can even react. It's currently flawed and needs needing

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    I have seen several clans agree and discuss about this issue both on Discord and in game... One runner returned recently after a 3 month period of inactive and was shocked to see the overpowerd vehicle damage hasn't been addressed yet. But unfortunately most don't comment on here as they are hounded by the guys with selfish opinions just supporting their preferred playstyle.
    If they feel so strongly about the issue, then they need to be on here discussing it. Otherwise, they're like Schrodinger's Cat. We neither know if they do, or do not, support Vehicles, therefore their opinion doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    If they feel so strongly about the issue, then they need to be on here discussing it. Otherwise, they're like Schrodinger's Cat. We neither know if they do, or do not, support Vehicles, therefore their opinion doesn't exist.
    Quote:
    M4rK - 06/04/2017
    wow... vhc still op... gj nst.

Another quote:

Prototype - Yesterday at 1:44 PM
    Idk who came up with this idea to make these vehicle dmg changes...
    Prototype - Yesterday at 1:45 PM
    Trike is like 900 dmg on warbot
    shooting a rocket about every second

Prototype - Yesterday at 1:45 PM
    My woc rifle deals like 150 dmg with one salve

Prototype - Yesterday at 1:51 PM
    I could be wrong but vehicles never were a thing in PvP. People just using them now because their dmg is way over the top(edited)

Are we posting Discord comments, rather than getting people to come and make their case? M4rk doesn't play, and Prototype was talking about using vehicles in PVE.

And neither of these quotes, which are provided without any context, and do not include the counter comments they prompted on Discord, are the same as having them here discussing their thoughts and offering suggestions for change.

I actively invite anyone who's able to demonstrate logic to come and post their thoughts.

Your only argument for the current vehicle damage = Because it is fun.. wake up son lol
    Balance should always be most important when addressing area's of combat.

Regarding Prototypes comment that's to provide a reference of how it is behaving, weapons have similar effect regarding damage in PVP & PVE. That scenario was just shedding light on the situation in reference to statements i made earlier about the DPS on vehicles compared to weapons.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 15:28. Reason: Added info

Ok the quality of this thread has degraded and some people may want to read their PM's again about flaming.

The discussion of hoverbomber in PvP came up for an internal discussion a few weeks ago with myself, Aegir and other members of the Balance team, and the balance team are satisfied with the balance of the hoverbomber in PvP, when you consider the cost of the vehicle, the skill required to pilot the bomber and also co-ordination required to fly and bomb. In other words balance is just not a pure numbers game.

The NST have been observing the fights in action and also the video's posted here and on discord. Plenty of points (And video's) have been made here on counter-tactics so it's clear they are not invincible these bombers.

As stated earlier, the balance team are satisfied with the balance of the hoverbomber (And other vehicles) at this time. No doubt the balance will re-visit vehicles and will seek players views in the balance forum in the future.

Thank you for your input.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234