Thread: Vehicle Damage

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Vehicle Damage

This is an outstanding issue that needs addressing. Many haven't reported the issue as they are reaping advantage of the insane damage for fast PVE farming and easy PVP kills

I don't see an issue with vehicle damage.

Yes they are powerful - they have to be to attract people. But it's not like they are difficult to acquire, meaning noone is getting an unfair advantage by using them.

All combat vehicles have their weakness' and people just have to adapt and play against them. Not run at a bomber / stand in the open shooting it.

Coordinated groups of players may make them seem OP, but that's because they are a coordinated group of players. Without that coordination & support they are no stronger then the 2-3 people being on foot.

Vehicles add another layer of fun and that's ultimately why we still play, lets not ruin an area of the game.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

Whenever I see a rhino or bomber I get excited. If two DPS focus a bomber, the bomber will nearly die even if it immediately starts flying away. Run circles around it, the thing turns slowly. Rhinos are great, but quite easy to kill if you focus them too. Vehicle pvp has been the hightlight of gameplay for me recently. Vehicles are finally viable enough to use. They require specialized characters and a lot of teamwork.

Of course vehicles are going to be used in outdoor (wasteland) PvE. If vehicles did less damage than normal weapons, no one would use them. Rhinos are fucking tanks after all. There is plenty of indoor PvE where vehicles aren't even an option.

BG tried to use bombers against us and we blew both of them up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w4oHAOlwI

If you can't counter vehicles, you're doing something wrong. If they are so easy to use, why isn't anyone else getting bomber kills? It's literally just me, one person. Get some vehicles and show us how easy it is, we might end up having fun.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Yeah, this is not any kind of issue that needs to be addressed at all currently lmao. Waaaaay more important stuff to focus on.

Sorry man.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    Whenever I see a rhino or bomber I get excited. If two DPS focus a bomber, the bomber will nearly die even if it immediately starts flying away. Run circles around it, the thing turns slowly. Rhinos are great, but quite easy to kill if you focus them too. Vehicle pvp has been the hightlight of gameplay for me recently. Vehicles are finally viable enough to use. They require specialized characters and a lot of teamwork.

Of course vehicles are going to be used in outdoor (wasteland) PvE. If vehicles did less damage than normal weapons, no one would use them. Rhinos are fucking tanks after all. There is plenty of indoor PvE where vehicles aren't even an option.

BG tried to use bombers against us and we blew both of them up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w4oHAOlwI

If you can't counter vehicles, you're doing something wrong. If they are so easy to use, why isn't anyone else getting bomber kills? It's literally just me, one person. Get some vehicles and show us how easy it is, we might end up having fun.
    You also didn’t see an issue with Kami Damage and tried your hardiest to rally against them being balanced… along with the rest of your clan mates… here’s the link to that https://forum.neocron-game.com/showt...ng-Kami-drones, they have since been balanced correctly.
    The vehicle damage currently has an absolute minimum of 2x more DPS than any Weapon available in game, so in both PVE and PVP it only make’s sense to use vehicles currently as anything else is under powered in comparison, this has been noted by many players. Even your man Brendan agree's it's an issue as above. Not saying needs to be addressed as a priority Brendan i've made it clear there are far more game breaking issues to solve... and i dont mean a big light saber lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    This is an outstanding issue that needs addressing. Many haven't reported the issue as they are reaping advantage of the insane damage for fast PVE farming and easy PVP kills
    You've failed to say what you think the issue is. How do you expect it to be addressed when you're not clearly and concisely advising what you think it wrong, and how you feel it could be rectified?

'many' haven't reported. Perhaps 'many' don't think it's an issue, just you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    You've failed to say what you think the issue is. How do you expect it to be addressed when you're not clearly and concisely advising what you think it wrong, and how you feel it could be rectified?

'many' haven't reported. Perhaps 'many' don't think it's an issue, just you?

"The vehicle damage currently has an absolute minimum of 2x more DPS than any Weapon available in game" They have a higher survivability than any runner in game has that goes hand in hand with the extra damage making it overpowered.

Maybe you should take some time to educate yourself on balancing Mal.

The only argument you have is it's "Fun".... funny how you never found them fun before the damage was a minimum of 2x more powerful than any weapon available to anyone on foot. You should spend efforts on learning to coordinate single target weapons more effectively in your clan as you should be able to with 3-4 guys.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 10:27. Reason: Added info

"The vehicle damage currently has an absolute minimum of 2x more DPS than any Weapon available in game" They have a higher survivability than any runner in game has that goes hand in hand with the extra damage making it overpowered.
    These vehicles also require 2 people to use, they should do more dmg as your taking 2 foot soldiers away. The exceptions being the trike & assault gliders which leaves the driver super vunerable and only able to shoot in a small cone infront.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    These vehicles also require 2 people to use, they should do more dmg as your taking 2 foot soldiers away. The exceptions being the trike & assault gliders which leaves the driver super vulnerable and only able to shoot in a small cone infront.
    No they don't these vehicles i am referring to can be piloted and gunned by one runner. The bomber pilot can also drop the bombs, and that vehicle specifically has 4x DPS output than that of any weapon available lol. You are clutching at straws to try and find justification for an area that is currently unbalanced. Vehicle's have never been this way in neocron and have never supposed to be.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 10:47. Reason: Added info

No they don't these vehicles i am referring to can be piloted and gunned by one runner. The bomber pilot can also drop the bombs, and that vehicle specifically has 4x DPS output than that of any weapon available lol. You are clutching at straws to try and find justification for an area that is currently unbalanced. Vehicle's have never been this way in neocron and have never supposed to be.
    Now you really are showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. No bombing vehicle allows the pilot to drop bombs. Bombing involves 2 people, skill & coordination.

You already admitted on discord you have no interest in participating in vehicle PvP - please don't try to ruin it for those who enjoy it because you cba to counter it / don't have the back up to take one on.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Now you really are showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. No bombing vehicle allows the pilot to drop bombs. Bombing involves 2 people, skill & coordination.

You already admitted on discord you have no interest in participating in vehicle PvP - please don't try to ruin it for those who enjoy it because you cba to counter it / don't have the back up to take one on.

Just trying to get a more balanced game. Regardless if it take's 2 guys that doesnt justifty the vehicle DPS being 5 time's higher than any weapon in game with a higher survivibility than any runner. Currently the weapons are obsolete in comparison to vehicles due to the differences in damage. This is apparent in both PVP & PVE. I've seen a runner saying the other day about how he was farming firemobs with his cannon and players just told him straight up your doing it wrong... you need to use a rhino because of the increased damage.. So now runners are more restricted in play styles when it comes to both elements unless they want to choose the less effective path

Kiss with DIS

There are two bombers, the main DOY bomber and a glider that drops bombs, both require bomber and pilot, latter leaves the players vulnerable to attack as its open top like any other Glider. So much for your 200+ hours of VHC testing...

Bombers are slow, hard to manoeuvrer and require team co-ordination, a single bomber going to an OP with no eyes on the ground will fail... BG proved that when they sent two bombers at us when they had no ground troops attacking, which we made a video of and posted... BG have also fended off a single bomber at Cycrow that we sent without a problem.

As you are so predictable by attacking from the UG and getting bombed then you will of course die and we will keep hovering over the entrance because you are predictable - the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result - famous quote there Bob, you could learn a thing or two from it.

Kiss with DIS

So now runners are more restricted in play styles when it comes to both elements unless they want to choose the less effective path
    Rubbish... VHC will always be more powerful than hand weapons, isn't that the point? Players have the choice whether to invest in a VHC or not.. its a choice, ofc using a rhino is preferred over using cannons, but they are expensive, costly to maintain if you don't repair and can get easily overwhelmed if you do not have separate players driving and gunning.

I attacked a Rhino at El Farid the other day with 3-4 clan mates, no PPU.. PE, APU and hybrid, it had to leave... it could not kill us as we used cover and flanked it, not that difficult really.

VHC dps has been put to a level where it's useable again, pre patch you could out DPS any VHC which is ridiculous...

[Edited] Before the Kami nerf your clan were big users of kami drones. Since they have been balanced not at all. You then switched to the Woc Launchers as they were also overpowered 2 hits killing any unbuffed character... This has now been balanced and you have all stopped using it as usual as you can no longer exploit the damage. The one exploitable area remaining is vehicles.. and you are trying your hardest to justify why it's not overpowered. Regardless if it takes 2 runners or not, that does not justify it doing 5x minimum increase over the highest hitting weapon. This needs to be addressed as currently weapons /normal pvp is obsolute compared to a vehicle which has much higher survivability than any combat character and has the ability to cause significantly more damage and also from more of a distance. VHC can be more powerfull than hand weapons i can agree on that... but it shouldn't be 5x more powerful than the highest hitting weapon in game lol
    Last edited by Bifrost; 04-07-17 at 12:10. Reason: Exploit discussion

vhc do 2x dmg .... vhc do 4x dmg .... vhc do 5x dmg....
    Which is it? You seem to be increasing their dmg with each new post. I think it's best you get these "many" other runners to come and post. If the community as a whole thinks it needs a nerf I'd happily submit.

However I very much suspect it's you just wanting to nerf an area you personally don't like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast