Thread: Vehicle Damage

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Which is it? You seem to be increasing their dmg with each new post. I think it's best you get these "many" other runners to come and post. If the community as a whole thinks it needs a nerf I'd happily submit.

However I very much suspect it's you just wanting to nerf an area you personally don't like.
    Those factors are relevant to vehicle that can be piloted and gunned by 1 runner and the other 2 runners. Just like to point out that the only members commenting about not wanting it a balanced are all from the one clan that is exploting the damage for their personal benefit. All Bad Dragon members who have changed clan name to "Rekt". Unfortunately in all games you always get the little toxic group of kiddys that like to exploit areas that are overpowered. Those well versed in pvp haven't touched them as they were not intended for that.. they are only being exploited now for it because of the damage irregularities

Bob - if you're having the revert to flaming and name-calling, rather than defending your point, then your point just isn't a very strong one.

No flaming intended... Apologies if any offense was taking from that post... I was just providing awareness off the group off individuals that are replying to this thread

But if you're attacking the individuals, rather than the points they're raising, it gives the impression that your premise isn't particularly strong.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    Those factors are relevant to vehicle that can be piloted and gunned by 1 runner and the other 2 runners. Just like to point out that the only members commenting about not wanting it a balanced are all from the one clan that is exploting the damage for their personal benefit. All Bad Dragon members who have changed clan name to "Rekt". Unfortunately in all games you always get the little toxic group of kiddys that like to exploit areas that are overpowered. Those well versed in pvp haven't touched them as they were not intended for that.. they are only being exploited now for it because of the damage irregularities
    I wondered how long till that argument came up. All your points end up with you posting that kami thread and complaining that a whole clan has a different view from you. So what if all players commenting are from a single clan? They still make up a larger proportion of the community then you and your clan, are their views not valid because they are in a clan you personally don't like?

At this point in the thread it's only you wanting this change. Don't act like you don't have your own agenda - everyone does.
    You'd rather not actually try to counter / test vehicles though, whereas others in the community have.
    Last edited by JoshCooper; 04-07-17 at 11:56. Reason: typo
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

There is no point's to defend... The damage is too high.. the 2 person bomber is hitting with 5x higher DPS than any weapon available in game. The vehicle also has higher resists, can shoot from a further distance, and doesn't have to land a direct hit on the target.. he doesn't even have to achieve a reticle lock just simply click near to the target and the AOE effect of the bomb drop does the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    I wondered how long till that argument came up. All your points end up with you posting that kami thread and complaining that a whole clan has a different view from you. So what if all players commenting are from a single clan? They still make up a larger proportion of the community then you are your clan, are their views not valid because they are in a clan you personally don't like?

At this point in the thread it's only you wanting this change. Don't act like you don't have your own agenda - everyone does.
    You'd rather not actually try to counter / test vehicles though, whereas others in the community have.

I did actually test the vehicles against all weapon group sets which has led the conclusion stated above.You can verify this yourself's in game if you don't believe it. I have no personal agenda i would just like to see NC balanced as fairly as possible.

Please watch the following video.

It shows 1 person take down a bomber with just a rav.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3w4oHAOlwI
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats your point? The vehicle has higher resists than any combat character and higher damage output and higher range. You are desperately clutching at straws showing a video of 2 tanks constantly attacking a bomber with a Ravager and Rocket launcher in which any combat character would have been dead in 1/4 of that time taking the same hits. Lol thanks

How many times did the wocket actually hit and not fly past it?

If the bomber was as OP as you claim it would have killed them. Instead 2 bombers were destroyed.

All they had to do was run around whilst 1 person delivered constant dps.

Lol you are missing the point in hand... The ravager was not missing shots, any combat character would have died in 1/4 of that time and has a DPS output less than 5x of a bomber. Man you must be running out of straws to grasp at lol. You should a video where the vehicles were poorly used... It's like getting a video of a Tank using CS who cant aim his target and saying "hey this CS is too weak" lol guys like you are the reason for poor balanced areas of the game. As you come with self centered biased opinions to support play-styles you like to exploit regardless if they are balanced. One the many reasons we have less activity from Op fighting clans than in the past..

Just to get the Elephant in the Room out of the way.

Understandably this is a game, so it has its own take on reality - however, in reality, bombers and tanks and the suchlike are not balanced with human infantry and are capable of doing massive amounts of damage if people don't work as a team in order to neutralise them.

I'm still fuzzy on what your suggested 'fix' is. With the points you're raising, it almost feels like it's being suggested that all do the same damage and have the same sort of durability as a player's character? That would be rather ludicrous.

It doesn't matter how many time you claim I'm clutching at straws - it won't make it right.

As you have identified in your last post, you need skill & coordination to pull off using a bomber. Until now you have been implying that any old chump could jump in and dominate the wastes.

Also comparing a bombers HP with a runners is ridiculous. The bomber can be hit from like 25% of the zone at any time and it the biggest model in the game, if it was comparable to a runner it'd be dead LONG before it gets anywhere it's bombing range.

It's bombing range is also something you are overstating.

Also attacking rekless for no OP fighting clans is pointless, clans come and go this is NC. There are many factors which come into play. I'd be just as justified to claim GP made them quit. Noone from those clans is going to chip in to correct you and know it.

Im not getting involved in your flame war but I just would like to ask if the Anti Vehicle launchers are still in game? If they are do they work?

It seems like this thread has gone from vehicles need to be nerfed to bombers need to be nerfed. To the casual observer (me) it looks like it is bombers that need to be nerfed (in one opinion) whereas regular ground vehicles dont?

If its the case of open cockpit vehicles (trike etc) then you can still target the driver so i think this is ok right?

In the case of the rhino - its a fucking tank - of course it should outdamage a man with a creed on his shoulder. For many years it didnt have this ability and you would get LE'd creed tanks ruining rhino farming which took two people to do (characters) over the one guy on foot. I think this is also a good thing that this has now changed. If one person on foot wants to take down a tank they need an antivehicle launcher in my eyes.

Same for the flying vehicles, fall damage alone should kill the pilot so you can just get yourself a decent SAM launcher and ruin that fuckers day bob? Isnt this the best way? Dont get mean, get even.

If memory serves we used to get the AV launchers in MB. I havent logged in in a while but I think this is the best thing for it no?

Certainly i think it solves your arguments.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

It's right and the evidence is in this thread lol. I just gave the reason why the video you provided was a flawed example nothing about skill required. The main issue in hand is the damage out put of the Bomber josh being 5x that of any weapon available in game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast