Thread: Fishing

Lightbulb Fishing

I was thinking about what Neocron really needs to improve the overall game.

What if fishing was implemented? Hear me out. There would be TL30, 45, 75, 90, 150 fishing tools. All the tools preform exactly the same regardless of TL. You load bait into the tool similar to ammo for the remote repair tool and then left click to cast the line. Same mechanics as wow, you get a bobber and when it bounces you hit "use" and then whatever you caught appears in your inventory.

We could have mutant fish, sharks, mechanical fish, and random junk that can be fished up. The fish can be recycled into trophies for apartments or consumed for a buff (or de-buff) depending on what kind of fish.

Maybe some of the OPs like McPherson and Rockshore could have their beaches expanded with fishing chairs and other roleplay type stuff.

There would be tons of room for expanding fishing. We could have fishing vehicles and aoe fishing guns. The sky's the limit.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

eXodus Clan ****************** Skansy's Avatar

I dont need Fishing ... and i dont think that many Runner will use that ...

[Edited]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 23-06-17 at 13:02. Reason: Trolling/Off topic

I think you fished up a whale here above me.

beyond that I would say no, its not cyberpunk.

The pace of development has slowed here somewhat and I would rather see the base game improved than what is effectively a carbon copy of another games mechanics.

I see WHY you are trying to improve things and I commend you for that. I dont think this WILL improve the game though as there is nothing in the lore that makes me think "hey I want to go out and fish".

If you flip this on its head and make more of the salvaging/recycling mechanics to attempt to achieve the same end result I would wholeheartedly support that. Anything vaguely "tech" related (hacking, electronics, recycling old tech etc) has my interest and a place in this game.

Fishing and other "sports" of that nature, for me at least, dont fit into this games niche.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Fishing? Why not? And while we're at it, musical instruments would be nice, and brewing health potions from herbs you gathered... wait. No. Let's skip that fishing thing. I'd rather have submarines and plasma torpedo fights over hidden outposts in the depths of Neocron's radioactive oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Fishing? Why not? And while we're at it, musical instruments would be nice, and brewing health potions from herbs you gathered... wait. No. Let's skip that fishing thing. I'd rather have submarines and plasma torpedo fights over hidden outposts in the depths of Neocron's radioactive oceans.
    Put this man in charge of the content team.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin