Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    Actually the CA Epic reward is the NCPD PA.
    I agree, some epic rewards are shitty/useless, I will have a look there + I raised an internal discussion about that.

I also added the PA stuff to my TODO list + internal discussion, I'm still glad to hear your feedback, guys, many thanks!
    Duh ofc. Still that PA is even more useless. You could buff it though!

Don't forget about the Epic weaponry. It needs some kind of buff.

Speedgun for example used to be very good as a secondary for pierce damage.

nowadays the only useful Epics are the Tangent Weaponry and that only for leveling. Totally useless and outshined once you get to rare weaponry.

Speaking of shitty epic rewards:

MOVEON: "Move-on" so why not make it give 50 transport? Tradeskillers would love that, maybe even droners or vehicle tanks. Keep with the body health too, maybe even up it a bit, why not? PvP focuses more on resists with constant healing.

The Black Dragon epic apartment is still a cool reward, but the location (Outzone DoY apartment ghetto) makes the apartment complete shit. Make the BD epic apartment location in Pepper Park (pp2 or pp3, random) and call it done. I'd actually use it as my main apartment if it was in Pepper.

The Diamond epic apartment has no GR. Give it a GR for fucks sake. I'd use this one too. Also, make sure the boxes function as cabinets (do they?), I'm a little afraid to put valuables in them.

The City Admin brown poop PA is pretty shit. How about if you have that PA on Copbots and Stormbots will not attack you for any reason? CA could defend the city in a realistic and roleplayie way.

The TG grenades are the absolute worst epic reward. First of all, AoE was nerfed to shit, so they're terrible. 2nd, you have to talk to an NPC to get them, and it doesn't say how long you have to wait between attempts. Twilight Guardian is an important faction in the storyline and I don't think they are well represented currently in-game, they have a weak presence, and no major clans bother to play TG. No idea how the TG epic should be upgraded or changed into something else. I think a community discussion in a new thread would be a good idea for this one.

CM, TT, and TS epic guns are fine, although not as great as they used to be, still not bad rewards.

NEXT reveler is still great.

Crahn Gaya glove is currently the most valuable epic in the game as blessed PEs scramble to get the glove.

Protopharm resist chip is still great.

Fallen Angels tradeskill chip is still best tradeskill chip, so it has an inherent value still.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    Speaking of shitty epic rewards:

MOVEON: "Move-on" so why not make it give 50 transport? Tradeskillers would love that, maybe even droners or vehicle tanks. Keep with the body health too, maybe even up it a bit, why not? PvP focuses more on resists with constant healing.

The Black Dragon epic apartment is still a cool reward, but the location (Outzone DoY apartment ghetto) makes the apartment complete shit. Make the BD epic apartment location in Pepper Park (pp2 or pp3, random) and call it done. I'd actually use it as my main apartment if it was in Pepper.

The Diamond epic apartment has no GR. Give it a GR for fucks sake. I'd use this one too. Also, make sure the boxes function as cabinets (do they?), I'm a little afraid to put valuables in them.

The City Admin brown poop PA is pretty shit. How about if you have that PA on Copbots and Stormbots will not attack you for any reason? CA could defend the city in a realistic and roleplayie way.

The TG grenades are the absolute worst epic reward. First of all, AoE was nerfed to shit, so they're terrible. 2nd, you have to talk to an NPC to get them, and it doesn't say how long you have to wait between attempts. Twilight Guardian is an important faction in the storyline and I don't think they are well represented currently in-game, they have a weak presence, and no major clans bother to play TG. No idea how the TG epic should be upgraded or changed into something else. I think a community discussion in a new thread would be a good idea for this one.

CM, TT, and TS epic guns are fine, although not as great as they used to be, still not bad rewards.

NEXT reveler is still great.

Crahn Gaya glove is currently the most valuable epic in the game as blessed PEs scramble to get the glove.

Protopharm resist chip is still great.

Fallen Angels tradeskill chip is still best tradeskill chip, so it has an inherent value still.
    [Edited]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 23-06-17 at 13:10. Reason: Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Stop ruining my suggestions.

Move on is Shit.

BD Appartment is Shit.

DRE App is Shit.

Your CA PA suggestion is shit. Just buff the PA.

If you got no idea how to buff the TG Epic: I do so please don't ruin my suggestions.

CM, TT and TS weaponry is shit.

Crahn Gaya glove is shit. You didn't realize a whole lot of PSI Module requirements got changed around.
    I actually think Jack had some good points in there, though I don't agree with all of them.

His NCPD PA idea is actually really cool. If they could make the effect only apply to people in the CA faction while wearing the armor, it could really be a neat way for the CA clan to "police" the actual city.

Though one MAJOR point is they need to freshen up the NCPD PA. It looks...dingy. This is supposed to be representative of the highest reward that the most powerful faction in NC has to offer. At least make it look clean.

Agree that the CM, TT, and TS weaponry need some love.

TG I don't think need grenades for their epic; if they're the main opposition of CA, and CA gives out PA, then TG should be giving out their own style of PA as a big middle finger to CA. I get not everyone is into the lore super hardcore, but Neocron has some of the best damn lore I've ever seen for an MMO. Use it.

If NCPD PA is giving Rifle Bonuses, then have TG give out Pistol Bonuses (as a pistol would most likely be the weapon used by an undercover TG agent in NC). This could also be a fantastic opportunity to open the new PA design to the community. You saw Jack cracked open the PA textures and edited them around a little bit. Have a contest; let the community submit their own textures for the new PA.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Kiss with DIS

[Edited]
    [Edited]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 23-06-17 at 13:14. Reason: Consistency/flaming

I love this thread.

You guys should use the search function more. Everything in here has been posted about a hundred million times before. Some great posts have been lost to the sands of time because people think shouting louder makes you more right.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    [Edited]
    Nah I just know what game needs atm.

Epic Reward overhaul is a low hanging fruit which instantly provides more content.

It's a nobrainer.

And somebody who suggest to give move on more transport for traders (which dump all their str into tra anyways...) shouldn't try to contradict this post.

It's to important of an issue, to easy of a fix, to easy for NST to implement, to have it watered down by an uninformed player.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 23-06-17 at 13:14. Reason: Consistency

Kiss with DIS

Nah I just know what game needs atm.

Epic Reward overhaul is a low hanging fruit which instantly provides more content.

It's a nobrainer.

And somebody who suggest to give move on more transport for traders (which dump all their str into tra anyways...) shouldn't try to contradict this post.

It's to important of an issue, to easy of a fix, to easy for NST to implement, to have it watered down by an uninformed player.
    [Edited]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 23-06-17 at 13:17. Reason: Flaming

I like most of these ideas. Odimara has some legit points, (easy/quick fixes) but the long term fixes suggested by Jack and Brandon are definitely great! Make every faction 'enviable' to both (1) do -
    epic wise - and (2) stay in. That kind of stuff is really awesome! Do all of the above, or a hybrid approach using everyone's input and it would be a huge improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    [Edited]
    I'm an informed player.

So compared to somebody who thinks traders need more transport my opinion is 100x more valid.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 23-06-17 at 13:17. Reason: Consistency

Everyone, including @Odimara Orca and @DIS Back on topic - this is not the place for flaming.

This is a discussion forum. Constructive criticism of ideas is welcome, or proposing alternative ideas is also welcomed here. If you don't like an idea, either don't post, put a simple "Sorry I don't like this idea" or if you really want to expand on your reasons "this idea X is not a good idea because XYZ" is the way to go.

With that over let's continue...
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12