Exclamation Development Priority 2017-

Posted in wrong area before.

Would be nice to get some clarification of what is the current priority…. As development seems to being going in a different direction from previous years. Logging into the game this year there is frequent crashes/ warping/ Resists are no longer as effective as they previously were. Creating a rock paper scissors scenario in certain setups. Maybe I am missing something huge…. but I don’t see that as development when core game stability has been negatively affected and it is now less stable than previous years. Any returning player that comes to check it out is immediately disenchanted when they are met with more bugs and issues now than if they were playing the game last year. Some of these issues have now been present since November 2016… So that’s already 7months passed and no fix for these problems. When you could fix the stability issues by rolling back to the patch state to a level where it was stable. Then you could patch these new changes you have created onto the test server for testing to iron out what is causing the issues. Then moving with a stable build to retail when you have solved these.

Thanks

Yeah where is the shit we actually asked for

- Droner PA
    - More Missions in the Mission Window (Best: All available Missons ordered alphabetical)
    - PA Colors
    - Implant overhaul
    - Armorsystem overhaul
    - Make useless Epic Quests useful (Just fix the rewards)
    - More WoC Quests for different builds (or just add more rewards to existing missions) (Meele Weapons, APU/PPU modules, Implants)

Really it's the same old shit again

No words from the devs and no new content (which was actually requested) on the horizon.

We don't even know what they are working on.

Regards

Odi
    Last edited by Odimara Orca; 15-06-17 at 17:31.

Hey Odi,
    Follow this Link to see some WIP Stuff: *click me*
    (Sorry, the screen is not looking really great, because I made it and not an asset pr0 ;p)

I'm currently working on three WoC Missions I want to implement (PSI & 2x Melee).

I'm also working with another chap on the Job Center - We want to improve it, so you can actually run missions there.

You're talking about shitty Epic-rewards, what excatly do you think is shit and what do you think it should be instead of?

Related to PAs:
    I could add a Droner PA, but what about Barter, Conster, Researcher etc.?
    It has to be balanced and it has to be useful, so I have to consider how to implement those: You have to buy it, to craft it, to find it, accomplish a mission etc.

For colored PAs: Let me catch an Asset-Guy, who has the time to work on those, instead of creating new assets or improving other stuff, like maps (* Most Asset guys are working on Map-fixes, too).

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    Hey Odi,
    (Sorry, the screen is not looking really great, because I made it and not an asset pr0 ;p)

I'm currently working on three WoC Missions I want to implement (PSI & 2x Melee).

I'm also working with another chap on the Job Center - We want to improve it, so you can actually run missions there.

You're talking about shitty Epic-rewards, what excatly do you think is shit and what do you think it should be instead of?

Related to PAs:
    I could add a Droner PA, but what about Barter, Conster, Researcher etc.?
    It has to be balanced and it has to be useful, so I have to consider how to implement those: You have to buy it, to craft it, to find it, accomplish a mission etc.

For colored PAs: Let me catch an Asset-Guy, who has the time to work on those, instead of creating new assets or improving other stuff, like maps (* Most Asset guys are working on Map-fixes, too).

X.
    Great news on the Missions and Job Center Thank you!

--------------------

The following Epics

City Admin:

NCPD Chip needs a slight buff to be competitive with the Protopharm chip.
    Same goes for the Freedom Figher Chip.

Biotech:

Moveon CPU needs to be replaced by a special BioTech Heart, 3 Resist Brain Implants (NCPD, Protopharm, Freedom Figher) are more than enough. Tra, End and HLT would actually make sense on a Heart. Also give it a bit of Poison/Xray/Piercing resist.

Diamond Real Estate:

Change the shitty appartment to a high level appartment key (not the highest, but midlevel in viarosso would be worth more)

Black Dragon:

Appartment is unnecessary, how about a nice AE pistol which would be super useful for new and veteran players (damage has to be good though)?

Twilight Guardian:

Useless, can we have an epic raygun which would be super useful for new and veteran players (damage has to be good though)?

Brotherhood of Crahn:

The Gaya Glove should be above the CAG 3 in stats, it's way harder to acquire.

That or you give us a PSI specific Implant (not brain, no more space there). Could be a Heart as well. Would lead to a nice choice between the Biotech and the Crahn Heart. Else: A PSI Backbone.

Speedgun / Tsunami Rifle could do well with a buff, they are not competitive at higher levels (and they used to be)

--------------------

On PA's:

PA's should be combat specific.

The only combat role without a PA is a droner.

I don't think construction / research PA's are necessary.

Maybe a driver PA. But then that should be it. there are enough ways to boost research and construction.

Just give PE DEX 75, 80, 90 (+Woc PA at 90), 105 Droner PA Options

and Spy DEX 80, 90, 100, 110, (+Woc PA at 110), 115 Droner PA Options

and everybody is very happy

Same DEX bonus as on the equivalent PA's for Pistols / Rifles.
    Same RCL bonus as on the equivalent PA's for Pistols / Rifles.

WoC PA's are aquired in ceres temple.

PE Dex 75 + 80 Versions go to the PE Armor Smuggler.

Spy Dex 80 + 90 + 100 Versions go to the Spy Armor Smuggler.

The other PA's except the WoC PA are Tsunami Syndicate FSM Items.

It's about time Tsunami Syndicate get's some exclusive items. And it fits lore wise (Drone Assassinations).

You could implement this in a matter of days. And it solves a whole lot of problems at the same time.

It also drives up player pop because almost anybody has a droner and it makes leveling suddenly easier.

It makes all factions more competitive in terms of FSM choices and Epic rewards.

It follows the established system for PA progression and PA placement at vendors or FSM.

Alternatively: Make a Droner PA Smuggler and place him somewhere. He'd have the non FSM and non WoC PA's for PE's and Spies at the same time then.

Regards

Odi

Edit: Imo these changes shouldn't be up for discussion. They are quite obvious. They have been for a long time.
    Last edited by Odimara Orca; 15-06-17 at 21:38.

The Jone's hack tool is the same as all the other hack tools, except you can't drop it. A hacking implant or glove would be a much better reward...

There are two Jone's heal rewards and one looks like an absorber, which is confusing.

The TL 30 remote implant tool can poke all TLs and the higher TL tools have been pointless for the last 15 years. Why not remove them if you're not going to make them work?

All hack tools preform the same. The higher TL ones have also been pointless for the last 15 years.

As far as PAs go... It isn't hard to go into photoshop and adjust the colors. Anyone could make white PPU PA. Camo PA with new colors, etc. The color tinting on PA used to be easy to see in NC1, but now it's less defined; it was easier to tell PPUs and APUs apart before. Maybe I'll just rip the textures myself and post some new PA skins here.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Hey Odi,

X.
    Link only shows Claw of Lizard, yet the post states 2x Melee

Greatsaber confirmed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

And Gloves ;p

A second melee weapon is in work and yes: It's a light sword - Sadly I can't tease it, because it's not done yet.
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by xanthos View Post
    and gloves ;p

a second melee weapon is in work and yes: It's a light sword - sadly i can't tease it, because it's not done yet.
    oh my shit
    The Melee Pusher

And Gloves ;p

A second melee weapon is in work and yes: It's a light sword - Sadly I can't tease it, because it's not done yet.
    On a side note, if I can make some suggestions:

It'd be nice if at least one of the melee WoC weapons "felt" a little different from the other melee weapons.

Take the light sword for example: Take the stats from the Devil's Grace as a reference point. Take the Frequency (66) and cut it in half for the new weapon, giving it only 33 (this would be quite slow). But, literally double the damage numbers that the DG has (I'd also recommend swapping one of the damage types into X-Ray as well) and now you have a high-risk, high reward weapon. If you can connect with the very slow swings, you'll do a ton of damage. But, if you miss, you'll get mega rekt.

It doesn't HAVE to be a thing, but I feel like it'd be a cool change up. Plus, if it's going to be a bigger, heavier weapon then it makes sense to have it swing slower.

Just my 2 cents.
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Great news on the Missions and Job Center Thank you!

I don't think construction / research PA's are necessary.

Maybe a driver PA. But then that should be it. there are enough ways to boost research and construction.

Just give PE DEX 75, 80, 90 (+Woc PA at 90), 105 Droner PA Options

and Spy DEX 80, 90, 100, 110, (+Woc PA at 110), 115 Droner PA Options

and everybody is very happy

[/B]
    Tradeskiller PA could be more in the vein of the Tangent Anti-radiation suit.
    With combination of poison, x-ray for the Research, and fire, x-ray for Construct.
    Without Force, Pierce, or Energy and a heavy Athletics, Agility penalty to make them less desirable for PVPing.

Possible Int 80 available at BD FSM 5f6680febd8940ab81a4259304796d139cfe0760dfd33c8ef82e6e0f8ee52178.jpg

Possable Int 110 available at FA FSM sexyhazmat.jpg
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by aelfkins View Post
    Tradeskiller PA could be more in the vein of the Tangent Anti-radiation suit.
    With combination of poison, x-ray for the Research, and fire, x-ray for Construct.
    Without Force, Pierce, or Energy and a heavy Athletics, Agility penalty to make them less desirable for PVPing.

Possible Int 80 available at BD FSM 5f6680febd8940ab81a4259304796d139cfe0760dfd33c8ef82e6e0f8ee52178.jpg

Possable Int 110 available at FA FSM sexyhazmat.jpg
    Just no. The current max values reachable for Research nd Construction are essential to the game.

Any more accessable points would screw with the importance of outposts and they're bonuses and fuck with the economy in general. (Easier researched tl 150 cubes, easier made high slot weapons).

So No No No.

Well, I think a Trader PA would be cool - but only with cosmetic effects (a lab coat for poker for example), no RES/CST bonus etc.; maybe +TRA^^

(just my opinion!)
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Well, I think a Trader PA would be cool - but only with cosmetic effects (a lab coat for poker for example), no RES/CST bonus etc.; maybe +TRA^^

(just my opinion!)
    What about PAs that change your appearance to NC1 models? White shirt tank (like the ProtoPharm guards) for sure. PE with dragon jacket. Any of the old monks, they were so much cooler looking. Could do a tradeskill PA that gives like +1 to each tradeskill and it makes you look like a white-lab-coat NPC and/or similar.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    What about PAs that change your appearance to NC1 models? White shirt tank (like the ProtoPharm guards) for sure. PE with dragon jacket. Any of the old monks, they were so much cooler looking. Could do a tradeskill PA that gives like +1 to each tradeskill and it makes you look like a white-lab-coat NPC and/or similar.
    Can we have the way more important things:

- Epic mission redesign (for those with useless rewards)

- Droner PA (only combat role without a PA and makes Tsunami Syndicate FSM actually useful)

Before we get any useless cosmetics?

Thanks a lot because these are core gameplay / progression things, that should've been adressed years ago.

Actually the CA Epic reward is the NCPD PA.
    I agree, some epic rewards are shitty/useless, I will have a look there + I raised an internal discussion about that.

I also added the PA stuff to my TODO list + internal discussion, I'm still glad to hear your feedback, guys, many thanks!
    Xanthos
    Neocron Support Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast