Default Vive and NC compatibility

Hey everyone.

I've not shown my face in almost a decade probably, but after playing some old games that have been reworked for vive, it really brings a new feeling and perspective. I was wondering if anybody has had luck or trick for getting NC working on VR at the very least
    Nobby...Staying since 2003, and Never leaving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg
    Noob! Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoder
    The hamster didn't read the epilepsy warning today and is currently being resuscitated. Please stand by...

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Hey everyone.

I've not shown my face in almost a decade probably, but after playing some old games that have been reworked for vive, it really brings a new feeling and perspective. I was wondering if anybody has had luck or trick for getting NC working on VR at the very least
    I've looked into it and had a chat with some folks who have years of experience in the engine and the overwhelming opinion was that it would be an absolute nightmare to get it working properly. Now you might be able to run Vorbx or something for your mouse look but running this on a Vive with roomscale would not be fun at all. I mean anything's possible but full Vive support is definitely not feasible with this ancient engine

Kiss with DIS

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Hey everyone.

hi Nobby,

I have a DK2 and I have managed to get NC to work with it using VorpX.

It goes work to a point, the main issue is that the NC HUD limits the the experience. You can stretch the chat box upwards and things like that, but as the weapons HUD is static which is not helpful. Also the nipple camera makes everyone look much taller than you. It's okay for a bit of fun, but that's all it's good for.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    hi Nobby,

I have a DK2 and I have managed to get NC to work with it using VorpX.

It goes work to a point, the main issue is that the NC HUD limits the the experience. You can stretch the chat box upwards and things like that, but as the weapons HUD is static which is not helpful. Also the nipple camera makes everyone look much taller than you. It's okay for a bit of fun, but that's all it's good for.

oh yea, if you want to just have the headset be your mouse look / aim and use an Xbox controller then I can't imagine it being too much of a hassle, it would just make you sick as hell with the runspeed being so high in this game. Now if you wanted to create a true room scale experience then I can't see that happening with this engine ever