Default An idea on how to give back to the neocron team, that will benefit everyone.

So, I have been talking to some players in game, and a seemingly common thing some people would like to be able to do is give back to the neocron team. As a way to show appreciation, and as a way to hopefully fund them, so they can have the means to fix issues easier (more staff, or incentive for more hours etc).

With that being said, this seems to be a hard thing to accomplish. The game can't return to p2p, and it seems like donations are a complexity in Germany. With that being said, I would like to suggest the option of micro-transactions. A lot of companies are using this method now adays, and it might work out for neocron.

Now I assume a lot of people will be like NOPE, not wanting to do a pay 2 win system in neocron. I would hate that as well.
    I came up with 2 ideas of how this could be accomplished without making it effect the game in a PVP aspect.

The first idea is after seeing the topic of people wanting double xp in discord all the time would be what about the possibility of purchasing a XP Boost. Like let's day I want to buy a 1 week xp boost, all character on that account will get double xp for 1 week for an certain amount (to be determined).

Another idea could possibly be a faction change for a small amount. Where they change your faction to that of the one you want, and give you a certain amount of reputation with that faction, or you could get rep with your own faction. These would obviously be a minor cost, since it doesn't take all that long to do in game, and would help those who don't want to farm the reputation, or have a horrible hq for doing so, etc.

These were just a couple ideas.. of course none of it is flawless, would like feedback, or other suggestions, and if the community likes the idea, a response from the devs to see what the possibility of something like this happening would be?

Cosmetics are always the way to go if we're talking about microtransactions.

Patreon is a thing nowadays too.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

I discussed this with Xanthos in Discord ...

Donation are possible but you have to call them Gift. Kinda confusing but its german Law thats a little complex in that point

I'd be happy to 'gift' stuff to the NST for their time and efforts.

NC1 skins would be nice. Getting a stripper named after your char (like the 2 in PP1) would be nice also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I'd be happy to 'gift' stuff to the NST for their time and efforts.

NC1 skins would be nice. Getting a stripper named after your char (like the 2 in PP1) would be nice also.
    no if you get something out of it its yeah like buying something , law is a bit complicated again in germany

only way would really be a gift from you to them without you really getting something and "they" accepting the gift

Okay so I was trying to put this across last night whilst uber-tired, and I couldn't make it sound right, so it seems I just went right ahead and missed out the part where I said I wouldn't personally require something back.

When we did UO emulators, you could circumnavigate selling rules by listing rewards with a 'recommended' donation. If a player donated, they could then request an item. It was down to GM discretion whether to allow it. That's provided on the understanding that it's a 'thank you' for the donation, and not the reason for the sale.

I'm not saying NC should do this, as it would be problematic for an already over-worked team.