Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    snip
    But that's the point Will.

You have the ability to kill with impunity, and zero SL hit. But everyone else on the server can also kill you with impunity and zero SL hit. On top of that, as you said, stepping into any inner city sector of NC would result in the Copbots/STORMbots laying you out. You also lose out on being able to access Plaza 1, arguably the most important sector in the game (pokes, repairs, buying/selling).

It is essentially opting for the same thing as playing as a "red" SL runner; the only saving grace is that you don't bleed Soullight and therefore lose everything. It'll give the game villains. Villains who can also indiscriminately kill each other as well.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

I see the point youve made and I can agree that you like it. It is the reason BD/TG was always so popular in the times of higher population, more targets.

It gives the few people who are here more people to kill but it also empties out every other faction because the last few people who play will all go to this faction in order to kill one another.

The risk is that none of you will play the game the way AB is meant to be played. People WILL team up and go on the gank just because killing other players is fun but getting killed by them isnt.

As a new player if I logged on today and saw all of this mindless killing with nobody really supporting any OTHER faction I think it might actually deter me. I think the richness of the appeal is in the different factions and their lore. This idea will provide a "go to" faction which is superior to all others and thus create a centre of gravity which ultimately could prove the undoing of the community.

For me, as an alternative, I would prefer to see more focus on the corporate espionage/war style stuff. Have the factions who are currently "friendly" be more aggressive to one another. Perhaps lower the penatly for neutral kills or something like that? I think this would be more in keeping with the lore than a full on AB faction which turns into a free for all.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

an enemy-to-all-faction? just let's put up CA faction guards (120/120) to plaza one and listen to the cries of all TG, BD, BoC etc runners not being able to idle at medicare any longer. that should do for the time being. on second thought: if you want to play NC as faction-less, you're in the wrong place. get toxikk or any other online-shooter, as NC is an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    an enemy-to-all-faction? just let's put up CA faction guards (120/120) to plaza one and listen to the cries of all TG, BD, BoC etc runners not being able to idle at medicare any longer. that should do for the time being. on second thought: if you want to play NC as faction-less, you're in the wrong place. get toxikk or any other online-shooter, as NC is an MMORPG.
    Your responses have degenerated in quality so much so that I'm convinced you're actively trolling now and should be banned for it.

Cons of AB:
    - No access to any of the inner city sectors
    - Difficulty in getting pokes, trades, or repairs
    - No access to any Faction HQs
    - Inability to hold an Outpost
    - Ability to be killed by every other Faction with impunity

Pros of AB:
    - Ability to kill every other Faction with impunity (including your own) - Red SL runners have access to this
    - Preservation of SL, helping you hold onto your valuables a bit longer

The entire point of AB as a playable faction would be to give players the incentive to play the bad guy. When's the last time NC has had a bad guy? The last guy I can think of is Fedai, who went full Red, and quit because when you're Red in NC, you get griefed out of the game almost overnight as a solo player.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Your responses have degenerated in quality so much so that I'm convinced you're actively trolling now and should be banned for it.
    Did you just say: "Torg is a dissenter and must be burned at the stake?" Please don't. All i wanted to say is: My opinion on this matter is different from yours, and for the mentioned reasons. Can we please be friends again?

You do have a history of posting negatively against most ideas and do generally tend to post complete opposite opinions to most threads so if people didn't know better they could think you are trolling.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12