Default Anarchy Breed as Playable Faction?

Is this at all possible? I feel like it'd be a great route to encourage some "Bad Guy" type players who would be Red to everyone, but wouldn't include bleeding SL and losing lots of loot.

I'd like to state that if you were playing as AB, even other members of AB would be red to you. Think of it as a "Free For All" faction.

Thoughts/Feedback?
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

I remember reading somewhere that it was playable RP Faction but dont know when

Sign me up!
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

There were AB players on the old NC1 server, Venus. A french rp server run by Alchemic Dreams. Great times. Bloody Drago!

+1 this sounds great!

Glad to see some people would be interested in this!
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by Nikabolokov View Post
    There were AB players on the old NC1 server, Venus. A french rp server run by Alchemic Dreams. Great times. Bloody Drago!
    Yup !

Wasn't it on Pandorra ?! I remember the French server run by AD, his name was Pandorra iirc. Had a lot of fun on that server, GM were really present and made lots of mini events.

Speaking of Anarchy Breeds as a playable faction, yes on that server negative SL runners could become AB, I remember one of them who was a really deadly tank : Speedball ! Oh dear I miss that time !!

Kalonji
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

No it was Venus. The NC1 server names were all planets. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto.

AB would be great if it was done properly but you wouldnt be able to go around in clans etc. It also shouldnt be used as a random ganking faction, it would need more to do than just that.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 04-07-17 at 12:13.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    No it was Venus. The NC1 server names were all planets. Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto.

AB would be great if it was done properly but you wouldnt be able to go around in clans etc. It also shouldnt be used as a random ganking faction, it would need more to do than just that.
    And I say there was a French Server that was run by AD at the beginning of NC2 and his name was Pandorra. Yes NC1 servers were names with planets name, but the NC2 French Server was Pandorra I know it I played a lot on it

Kalonji

Quote Originally Posted by Kalonji Faya View Post
    And I say there was a French Server that was run by AD at the beginning of NC2 and his name was Pandorra. Yes NC1 servers were names with planets name, but the NC2 French Server was Pandorra I know it I played a lot on it

Kalonji
    I guess we are talking about the same thing but 2 different names then. I never played on it because the frenchies pvp calibre was terrible. Some old clan mates of mine went over to pk everyone for a bit but they said it was like kicking puppies so they came back.

I guess when the big name change came with NC2 it got named pandora in the same way that Terra/Mars/whatever the other one was called replaced Jupiter, Uranus, Saturn and the toilet bowl that Pluto unfortunately turned into.

Yeah, you must be right Mr Antrim !

Kalonji

When i started playing NC1 on jupiter in 2002, my faction was Anarchy Breed. I guess it was a bug, and i somewhat was the only AB on jupiter, so i moved on and joined some other faction (and clan). From that we know it's technically possible, but why would we want it ingame? Just for giggles?

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    When i started playing NC1 on jupiter in 2002, my faction was Anarchy Breed. I guess it was a bug, and i somewhat was the only AB on jupiter, so i moved on and joined some other faction (and clan). From that we know it's technically possible, but why would we want it ingame? Just for giggles?
    I'd like it to be the way it was before : negative SL runners went AB iirc...

Kalonji

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    So that you can PvP without any allies? Have a different playstyle that involves you living out of somewhere other than P1? So that you can be a natural enemy for everyone else, without completely griefing yourself out of the game by bleeding SL and dropping everything when you die?
    The Melee Pusher

It's a double edged sword though isnt it.

On one hand you have the ability to literally kill everyone and suffer no consequences over and above a normal death but on the other you have the blatant abuse that would follow when you let regular people loose on the game this sort of behaviour.

Unfortunately, as much as I love pvp, I think that the AB are/were a really badly designed faction in that way. Giving people one faction only in order to kill with impunity just means people want to all join that faction.

Adding AB as a playable faction at this point would literally send anyone who likes to pvp to that faction in order to fight everyone else and then not have any kind of repercussion. The background game wouldnt be able to support this mass exodus, not to mention it would do nothing to promote the future for any new player coming in either.

Not enough people look at the big picture, I believe. Yes it would be nice for "you" the solo player but this game is supposed to be about playing in groups. The original concept slogan was "you will never die alone". Unfortunately as an AB - a proper one according to the lore - you actually WILL do just that. Forget about PPUs, clans, any of that other stuff. No system or mechanic in game supports AB as a playable faction.

The frenchies, i suspect, added it as a USP (unique selling point) to draw a crowd away from the "original" servers to theirs to provide their fledgling community with a small panel of experts which would help the community to grow. It was a sound business decision in my mind but the plethora of basic services the average runner needs would not/should not be available to the AB runner. I dont know how they managed it on the french server as I didnt play there but for me being a purist AB I dont think you ever would set foot past Pepper Park 2 at best.

Many years ago someone did try to live as a permanent RED sl runner. One of the FA tanks, might have been Naimex although I might have made this up. He lasted a few weeks one summer living off the land and eventually got massively bored because nobody came to hunt him and nobody really pvped outside a safezone or outside of an op fighting group.

Contrary to popular opinion most people actually DONT like to pvp solo, they prefer odds of 2:1 or better, or with a PPU in support and a safezone near by. They will front plenty and pigeon chest a bit more but for the vast majority of players, myself included at times, I think the fear of losing (an item/pride) stops them from going the whole hog so to speak and actually playing the game in this manner.

I would say wholeheartedly no to this idea because where previously I supported it, in todays world I could see it fracturing an already small community into its constituent parts and thus turning it into the CoD style FPS game that Zoltan said he wanted to avoid the last time any of this sort of thing was brought up.

Personally I would be more in favour of some other changes to current mechanics to encourage more pvp but not this one. I think it would be too far reaching and too damaging. It would actually be worse than the "red vs blue" team mechanics that NC2 brought along and that was a terrible idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast