Lightbulb Reworking starting profession gear and skills: Spy Assassin

I'd like to start a conversation on reworking the professions starting gear and skill points. Also, professions like Hacker, Smuggler, Engineer, and Scientist are not viable or reasonable for new players. Yeah, I'm sure Ressi or Brammers or someone like that might have leveled a character with research missions, 10 years ago, but that isn't a reasonable thing to expect of anyone. This game is old and slow. Noobs need combat characters that can level up and make money. Barter, hacking, construction, research, repair, and even implant, noobs shouldn't use these skills. Maybe you could implant yourself... but let's leave the advanced parts of the game out of character creation.

zIRwAdY.png
    Spy Assassin:

Equipment:
    Before
    Good Lazar rifle (58%)
    2x 7.62mm rifle rounds (TL5)
    TL 30 hack tool
    First aid x1
    Stamina booster x1
    Perfect Light Energyfield Belt
    Good Stilleto

After
    Better Lazar rifle (73%)
    20x 7.62mm rifle rounds (TL5)
    TL 30 recycling device
    First aid x3
    Stamina booster x3
    Perfect Light Energyfield Belt
    Flashlight

Skills:
    Before
    Psi: +2 psi power
    Int: +28 hacking, +50 weapon lore
    Con: +5 athletics, +15 body health
    Dex: +25 rifle, +10 tech combat, +5 agility
    Str: +8 transport, +2 force

After
    Psi: +2 ppu
    Int: +64 weapon lore
    Con: +5 athletics, +15 body health
    Dex: +25 rifle, ,+10 agility, +5 recycle
    Str: +7 transport, +1 force, +2 pierce

Logic:
    Better instead of good quality weapons. All spells are currently sold “better” quality and I think it should be the same for all weapons, all vendors in the game. 73% isn’t that close to artifact 120%. This would make vendor weapons less punishing for noobs.
    That character will not be overweight, even with the 20 starting ammo. I tested.
    No stilleto on non-melee characters. If you give them a melee weapon, they may waste points on melee. Make Alt-H (melee fist) more obvious.
    No hacking. A Good rifle spy will probably put all points in weapon lore. They can choose hacking or implant later when they’re more experienced.
    +5 Recycle is enough for starting ammo. The brown medkit is 16, but that’s too much recycle for a starting character.
    The +1 force and +2 pierce in str is to encourage them to put more points in piercing than force, and to make sure they have plenty of transport. Piercing is more important than force for pve and pvp. Everyone needs transport.
    The +2 ppu is because the TL 3 heal requires PSI: 3 PPU: 11 FCS: 3. I think they should focus on the requirements first, and the psi pool second.
    Flashlight because why not.
    Edit: I took tech-combat away because they don't need that until they decide they want to use a hightech weapon. Keep it simple.

Profession description:
    https://wiki.techhaven.org/Assassin
    The description is solid and doesn’t need to be changed.
    “Many Assassins also possess the Implanting skill, while others are accomplished Hackers.”
    They can always choose implant or hacking later and the description supports that.
    Last edited by Drake6k; 12-04-17 at 23:35.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Good stuff.

Well played.
    Jarl
    Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Inteligence is the ability to adapt«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDhttp://www.neocron-game.com/get-supportFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​

Thank you for this thread.
    As I'm currently reworking the starting gear and skills for all classes/professions, this is good input.

On a side node:
    The system Neocron provides here currently only lets me add 8 items to the starting inventory in total ( 8 ammo clips = done ....).
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    Thank you for this thread.
    As I'm currently reworking the starting gear and skills for all classes/professions, this is good input.

On a side node:
    The system Neocron provides here currently only lets me add 8 items to the starting inventory in total ( 8 ammo clips = done ....).
    Thank you very much for working on these.

Shame it can only be 8 clips. Would be great if Z could figure out how to increase the number.

I hope that nearly all starting professions get enough recycle (and a tool) for at least their ammo (unmodded ammo is very low TL). Maybe even make some of the noob junk like chitin, flesh, poison glands, etc higher TL so they serve as better junk. Let's give the noobs some love, they need it.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post

Shame it can only be 8 clips. .
    It's even worse I'm afraid.
    It's 8 items TOTAL. If I would add 8 clips that would be it. No weapon, no tool, no armour etc.

This is the current starter gear for all Spy professions:

startergear_SPY.png

Edit:
    Giving recycle skillpoints and a tool is what I'm actually planning to do. Still undecided if skill 5 for ammo (TL5) is enough or if I should go for 16 points (Tl16 = First Aid Kit)
    Baldur
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

It's even worse I'm afraid.
    It's 8 items TOTAL. If I would add 8 clips that would be it. No weapon, no tool, no armour etc.

This is the current starter gear for all Spy professions:

startergear_SPY.png

Edit:
    Giving recycle skillpoints and a tool is what I'm actually planning to do. Still undecided if skill 5 for ammo (TL5) is enough or if I should go for 16 points (Tl16 = First Aid Kit)
    Holy crap what a train wreck.

Maybe add an NPC to MC5 to give the rest of the players gear? Use the old backpack models

Why can't we just increase the number of items people start with based on the profession? I don't see how this is a hard limitation.

How about starting the Assassin, Berserker, Driver, Infiltrator, Soldier and Inquisitor with pre made starting points.
    and list those professions recommended for starting players.

All other professions start with 0 points in all skills and players can put the points them self where ever they want.
    And list those professions for the experienced players.

Newbies would less likely start as engineers because they don't know where to put points.

I would make all chars start with 16 recycle skill. first aid kits are important at start.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafinmir View Post
    Why can't we just increase the number of items people start with based on the profession? I don't see how this is a hard limitation.
    The file which organizes all these things (starting subskills, starting level of mainskills, money, items, skill growth rate and a lot more for new characters) only reserves 8 columns for items at the moment.

We are currently looking into this and hope to be able to add more items in the future.
    Baldur
    Neocron Support Team

since you can TL 2 clone candy bars giving 50% of HP compared to the lowest medi kit, any recycling skill (i.e. 5) and tool would already be a huge advantage for starter chars.