Thread: Vehicles

Default Vehicles

1. Make it possible for all characters to drive vehicles, all characters to gun vehicles. Lower requirements dramatically or make a ‘vehicle’ armor or someway make it possible for all classes to drive.
    2. Air vehicles should fly like drones. ‘Shift’ and ‘control’ for up and down.
    3. When people sync out in an air vehicle, they should ‘parachute’ down, but in any event, why should a ‘glitch’ kill them. Or, make them log back into the vehicle if they log back in within 1 min. Falling out a vehicle should be prevented at all costs.
    4. Vehicles crashing due to ‘zone crashes’ or ‘long syncs’. This is an old bug, be great if vehicles were more reliable and thus more often used.
    5. V3 rhinos are a joke. Just try to kill something with them. V3 rhinos should be ‘accurate’ and similar accuracy to a doom beamer. They are not.
    6. Interacting with vehicles that are any more than a single seat is cumbersome currently. How about changing vehicles when the owner interacts with it they are auto placed in the driver seat (or highest number seat they are able to use; driver / gunner / passenger 1 / passenger 2 / etc). I think there should then be key bind options to change seats without getting out (e.g. 1 - 10 as quick belt is disabled when in a vehicle). Finally I'd build upon the lock seats function to include "open all / open team" options vehicle so other players can interact and auto be placed in the highest free seat without having to ask for permission. (From Josh Cooper)
    7. Add a cabinet on the back of bigger vehicles to store that will only store ammo or recyclables? Saves people waddling about with a shit ton of ammo that's useless when not in the vehicle. If your vehicle blows up… it can either be lost or dropped.

The one point I disagree with would be removing requirements for gunners and drivers.

Everything else is interesting.
    Jarl
    Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Inteligence is the ability to adapt«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDhttp://www.neocron-game.com/get-supportFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​

I would like to see gliders become a little more durable. I lost one yesterday: it blew up as I landed. I wouldn't call my landing perfect, but it shouldn't have been enough to destroy the glider completely. Gliders being so fragile is one of the reasons you don't really see people using them and that's a shame - it would be really cool to see more in the skies!

I think there should also be a way to directly track an "in service" vehicle - like you can with your primary apartment, for example. I lost another glider yesterday (yeah, two in one day - won't be using them again!) after being shot and killed by a warbot in flight (I was in flight, no the WB!). I died and re-spawned at the BD GR, which is where I had been flying. Couldn't find the glider anywhere in the zone and neither could someone else who offered to help. It could still be there for all I know. I waited for ages in the zone, but couldn't get the vehicle to despawn and gave up.

So, yeah - gliders. Kind of useless at the moment

I think the biggest issue with flying in general is the crashing whilst zoning. This often kills everyone in the vehicle and then, as you mentioned, the vehicle gets "lost" in the zone.

Checking the citycom to see your ownership list will show which zone it's in, that's still not great though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Checking the citycom to see your ownership list will show which zone it's in, that's still not great though.
    Yeah, that's handy (once you find out about it from another player!), but, especially with gliders, it can be next to impossible to find a vehicle even if you're in the right zone. I spent an hour scouring every square foot of the BD zone, and couldn't find my glider anywhere. Maybe it was "invisible?"

Quote Originally Posted by safetycopy View Post
    Yeah, that's handy (once you find out about it from another player!), but, especially with gliders, it can be next to impossible to find a vehicle even if you're in the right zone. I spent an hour scouring every square foot of the BD zone, and couldn't find my glider anywhere. Maybe it was "invisible?"
    Yeah @GMs, that would be a good "tip of the day". Something like "did you know you see what apartments and vehicles you own by looking at your profile under the "info" tab of a citycom".

It could have been hanging in the sky, I've seen that happen before

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Yeah @GMs, that would be a good "tip of the day". Something like "did you know you see what apartments and vehicles you own by looking at your profile under the "info" tab of a citycom".
    Yeah, that's a great idea!

Also, you could get a little info from the ASG depot the first time you visit, in the same way you get info about the stuff in your apt on a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
    The one point I disagree with would be removing requirements for gunners and drivers.

Everything else is interesting.
    Out of the 20 combat vehicles 18 of them require STR to operate. There should be more DEX and some INT based Gunner position to give non-tank characters an option to participate.
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

I am all for removal of all requirements to operate vehicles.

If they need to be put behind requirements then make them vehicle skill related (subskill) or at worst a level requirement (to prevent level 3 runners out DPSing a capped char).

I think vehicle use is something that was badly implemented in NC and could absolutely be made better.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I loved gunning as an HC PE! I'm was always more concerned with how easy it became to get vehicles perma destroyed that finding a vehicle. Maybe others haven't had the same cost problems as I did. In beta they weren't destroyed, well like they were on the spot, but you could go back to a garage, and pay are decently large fee to have it repaired.

I like basically all the points brought up by the original poster! Except I do see a point in the higher end damage dealers still having harder restrictions. Also if those skills were simply wiped out, it might change how points and things are spent while building characters.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant