Thread: PVP fixes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PVP fixes

1. PvP not moving lag (yes, this is being worked on)
    2. Stealth: a few options to make spies killable when versing 5-6 players in an open field: pick or choose, many people might have better ideas, but here’s my go at it:
    a. Stealth tool gives drug flash after 3-5 times of use. More usage makes drug flash get worse and worse. (from Bug)
    b. Stealth tool does not give 100 percent stealth coverage (i.e. 5 sec cool down after every use)

I agree that there should be atleast a cool down on stealthing (TS debuff that lasts x seconds applied when a stealth ends?). Also after multiple stealth uses there should be a drug flash hit

1 is under active development.
    2 changes to Stealth Tools may be required - however, this is a complicated process, as it affects the balance of both the Spy and PE classes, and requires careful consideration. If any changes are made, I doubt it would be a quick process.
    Last edited by Jarl; 13-04-17 at 10:17.
    Jarl
    Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Inteligence is the ability to adapt«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDhttp://www.neocron-game.com/get-supportFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​

Truesight Sanctum gives a Debuff that doesnt let you enter stealth for x seconds (dont know a number but would say less than 10 seconds)

I'd more prefer the ability to still attack stealthed players when you track them.

Nothing more lame than stickybacking somebody to one/two hits and watching them stealth away, and you WATCHING that stealth cloud walk around for a brief moment
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

just mark the stealth with a fire winding argument.. spies have much lower resist compared to tanks, and is the primary reason they are able to be able to stand up against one. I don't think OP fights should go back to just Tanks and PPUs, also like chazz said, tss is a thing..

and no, I don't play spy.. I am almost always a PPU or a dev tank. I just don't think destroying their survivability option is a good idea, I like variety.
    Last edited by Arzon; 13-04-17 at 07:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    just mark the stealth with a fire winding argument.. spies have much lower resist compared to tanks, and is the primary reason they are able to be able to stand up against one. I don't think OP fights should go back to just Tanks and PPUs, also like chazz said, tss is a thing..

and no, I don't play spy.. I am almost always a PPU or a dev tank. I just don't think destroying their survivability option is a good idea, I like variety.
    TSS being a thing doesn't mean anything, because almost no one has the ability to cast that ability. Saying "one playstyle can counter them" isn't, by any stretch of the words, a viable solution.

No one is asking for their invisibility to be removed. It's their survivability. I don't think anyone disputes that.

People are just tired of spies essentially being immortal due to being invisible and and invulnerable. You can't have both of those options on the table for one class.

Just because you're cloaked, doesn't mean you should be invulnerable.
    The Melee Pusher

Editing, It's not even worth trying to explain how outplaying, tactics, and thought process works (from any class standpoint), when it just goes over peoples heads.
    Last edited by Arzon; 13-04-17 at 08:22.

you aren't while invis.. even when using, if the player had reticle on the target, they will get off that last attack, you can use AoE ie Winding Argument like I suggested (at least used to, idk with aoe nerf) used to destroy stealthed spies, as well as marking them for when they come out. Also cursed soul (at least last time I played) hits through stealth, you don't need a reticle for CS, the plasma just hits whatever is infront of it, instead of registering damage to it's actual target.

There are ways around it, you just need to think outside of the box. Stealth is the only thing making spies viable, and changing pretty much any aspect of that will destroy them.
    We used aoe and it got nerfed 4-5x to the point of being completely worthless. The CS does pathetic damage to stealthers and isn't viable against them. TSS rarely works unless they stand next to you. We run around with TL 3 grenade launchers armed with napalm to reveal stealth and it just isn't enough, the dots only last like 5 seconds.

Did you know spies got energy resist on their PA? Or that Psi and Str imps are better than ever for shields and better armors?... or nanites are as good or better than pe shields? or that the reqs on INQ (fire) armor that PEs use was lowered and spies can use it now?

Get yourself a first love and learn how to move cause spies are not underpowered. Stealth is OP as fuck and nerfing it will only hurt the bad spies.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

nevermind, not worth the time..
    Last edited by Arzon; 13-04-17 at 08:22.

Editing, It's not even worth trying to explain how outplaying, tactics, and thought process works (from any class standpoint), when it just goes over peoples heads.
    Have a friend go cloaked in front of you.

You cannot target them with your crosshair. At least not with melee weapons.

If you can't see why that is fundamentally flawed, then I don't know what to tell you.
    The Melee Pusher

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    TSS being a thing doesn't mean anything, because almost no one has the ability to cast that ability. Saying "one playstyle can counter them" isn't, by any stretch of the words, a viable solution.

No one is asking for their invisibility to be removed. It's their survivability. I don't think anyone disputes that.

People are just tired of spies essentially being immortal due to being invisible and and invulnerable. You can't have both of those options on the table for one class.

Just because you're cloaked, doesn't mean you should be invulnerable.
    Ok Arzon is a little right but so is Murph
    PPU can counter it with TSS but its dont know buggy atleast a little or the range is too small i have to stand very close to the one i want to destealth and they just use stealth again and again.
    it needs some kind of debuff so you cant spam it and escape everytime and come back with full health and do the same again if you have skill you can escape with 1 stealth.
    you should not be able to use stealth get kicked out of it cause your movement sucks and stealth again to reach ,in the wastelands, a sync and stealth again ...

I would like to say that even if other people cant "Target" you, they can still aim, shoot and kill you.
    I would say if anything stealth tool users aren't invisble enough.
    I dont even bother using one in the middle of a fight because at most, it's a slight inconvenience for your attacker.
    Still useful for PvE though.
    Last edited by ChrisTehClue; 13-04-17 at 12:55.

chris, stealth is used a lot in PvP, since spies can't take the hits like PEs, PPUs, and Tanks can. It is part of their playstyle.. which is what I was trying to explain, and explain there are ways to counter it..

The people complaining about it are all from the same clan, probably trying to get it nerfed because they don't know how to play against it, and trying to make it look like the community as a whole wants it changed
    Last edited by Arzon; 13-04-17 at 13:13.

If you are saying that stealth tools aren't even an inconvenience to the attacker, wtf is the point in using it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast