Thread: Important fixes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Important fixes

Okay chaps - to try and keep this tidy, rather than a flurry of suggestions on Discord - I want to try something.

Please give one suggestion of what you would like to see fixed/improved in the game. A description or suggestion of how you would like this implemented would be helpful. Multiple suggestions will be ignored - only your first suggestion will be counted as your most important thing. This is about me building up an idea of the one thing everyone really wants above everything else. Other suggests can go on Brainport as normal.

Please note that Resist and Weapons balancing is currently on the road map - but it's a long and complex process.

All ideas are up for suggestion, and I might make a poll out of it - but any flaming/trolling/blatently stupid suggestions will be removed.

If I find another post on this in Brainport, I'll cross-reference it with my reply for the sake of my own convenience.
    Last edited by Jarl; 12-04-17 at 21:23.

New Player Experience its a total disaster.
    How you start into Neocron , if you dont know what to do you will be lost and with a high chance log out of the game and never try again.

-the traders there should have very low prices on Ammunition

-clear and useful starting quests -> Pop Up into middle of the screen what you should do but not long texts keep it simple, nobody likes to read a wall of text thats basically saying kill those scorpions

-the GR shouldnt cost anything in MC5 to leave it quickly if you are not interested in staying there

-maybe make the map layout like the MC5 you will later farm in , would give new players the effect of "Whoa here i started my journey into NC"

Hi Chazz - this is noted - thank you for your feedback.

These ideas are already available here - I'm paying attention to this, as a Content member, so please feel free to flesh this out with any fresh ideas you may have.

Hacknet.

Specifically the falling to your death. You more than likely already know about it, but its time for change. Either lowering the platforms to the bottom, or lowering fall damage?
    If neither are doable, atleast make the gravity/data streams carry you back up.
    ALSO, farming codebreaker parts. What a fkin ball-ache.
    Trying to retreive dead v2.2.2s within the despawning timer, which is RIDICULOUS btw; feels like less than a minute.
    Not only that, 80% of the time, the fuckers will drift off the platforms, forcing you to take a leap of faith over the side, hoping you will survive/reach corpse in time. Having to use /set reset_position 1 as a game mechanic is distasteful.

The multiple areas you have to zone through to reach the faction databases. I feel that this might of been intentional to weed out the scrubs trying to bumrush hostile faction databases, but that's what the gert mob at the end is for.
    In the end it slows down an already tedious part of the game by forcing you to travel through two identical (annoying) zones twice. I have a feeling there are some redundant areas in faction databases too.

The area mainframes, e.i the big square room with no music sound where you can enter other factions, i assume this was left the way it was to accomidate future additions of factions, or an unfinished/abandoned attempt to put Doy factions into NC.
    Either way, the room is massive, and a constant reminder that the game is unfinished AF.

Slightly unrelated, but would it be possible to separate sound FX from Ambience?
    I like being able to hear laser weapons pewpewing and mutants groaning n shit, but i really dont like the loud hacknet music and outside wind blowing that come with it. It would be great if sound ambience came with its own slider.
    Last edited by ChrisTehClue; 12-04-17 at 21:06.

Well was starting on Hacknet too

-Hacknet is way to stretched out i mean the NC-DoY-Travels are way to big , would be great if it would be more compact

- Starting as a Hacker is even worse leveling than anything else i have played on NC , the Hack"Energy" drains too fast for too little dmg output , you feel like you are invincible with the hacknet buffs, but how to get better equip if its unrewarding Cash wise and drop

- Loot -> most of the time it feels extremly unrewarding -> low cash , no drops and just making a hacknet char for Ionic Weapons is everything there is to it , I know there are databases but you just loom a little hack and do it with another char so no use for going into enemy database

-The Visual is just Crap , just one color all the time cant be in there for long
    Last edited by Chazz; 12-04-17 at 21:17.

Sorry for double post, sue me.

Vehicles that require Rifle combat to use their weapons.

It would be great, and everyone would apprieciate and benefit if those vehicles required Tech combat instead.
    Its a big slap to the ball-bag for pistolers. One could even say discrimination.
    It couldnt hurt to add/convert some of the vehicles to Dex req instead.

The VHC requirement is fine the way it is though, as the new implant changes makes operating vehicles very accomodating.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTehClue View Post
    Hacknet.
    Thanks Chris.

There's also a post on this here
    Jarl
    Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Inteligence is the ability to adapt«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDhttp://www.neocron-game.com/get-supportFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​

Oh my bad, new to forum.

I never thought I'd say this, but PvE needs some love. It's pretty rough around the edges, so I've also included some of my personal suggestions/thoughts on the matter. Would love to hear some more feedback on the matter.

-High end mobs have a disproportionate amount of HP compared to our "maxed" runners; the small face huggers in Regants Legacy, for example, take far too long to kill. The crawlers take literal minutes to kill with the highest TL Melee weapons, and it relies on you exploiting geometry so they can't touch you at all.

-Mobs also have a high tendency to damage you without any animation and any warning. You randomly will get lumped for hundreds of damage and flop onto the floor dead (this is particularly an issue with Regants mobs and Warbots at BD).

-Certain areas (like Regants, El Farid) need to have global respawn times. I get that it can be a pain for leveling, but it forces people to find other leveling spots if you can't just clear a room, zone out, and clear again. This also creates hotspots for PvP, as people will now have to fight over the valued leveling spots.

-New quests would be really nice, and offering some cool, new loot at the end would be great. Can have a community contest where you pick out the best entries; would give some life to the forums imo. Perhaps something down the line, but a dead forum is usually a sign of a dead game.

Tldr; better PvE = more people out in the world doing stuff, more shinies, more potential loot, more day to day PvP.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

Reverting the AoE nerf. I understand it was to give more leveling options for classes, but all it really did was remove some of the viable leveling areas, and made it more drawn out. With the game being PVP focused, and the current populations not being the highest, I don't see why leveling options should be taken away. (with that being said, genotoxic nightmare 2 shotting my almost capped tank now..? )

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but PvE needs some love. It's pretty rough around the edges, so I've also included some of my personal suggestions/thoughts on the matter. Would love to hear some more feedback on the matter.

-High end mobs have a disproportionate amount of HP compared to our "maxed" runners; the small face huggers in Regants Legacy, for example, take far too long to kill. The crawlers take literal minutes to kill with the highest TL Melee weapons, and it relies on you exploiting geometry so they can't touch you at all.

-Mobs also have a high tendency to damage you without any animation and any warning. You randomly will get lumped for hundreds of damage and flop onto the floor dead (this is particularly an issue with Regants mobs and Warbots at BD).

-Certain areas (like Regants, El Farid) need to have global respawn times. I get that it can be a pain for leveling, but it forces people to find other leveling spots if you can't just clear a room, zone out, and clear again. This also creates hotspots for PvP, as people will now have to fight over the valued leveling spots.

-New quests would be really nice, and offering some cool, new loot at the end would be great. Can have a community contest where you pick out the best entries; would give some life to the forums imo. Perhaps something down the line, but a dead forum is usually a sign of a dead game.
    If the HP gets lowered it would be too easy in regants for everyone else.
    but yeah you are right some Mobs needs their HP reworked to match the current DMG output / droprates / population
    (ceres lab , doy missions , and some other mobs) and i dont mean make them too low just take into account how many
    people are online and farm those areas without exploits

Totally right,sometimes you dont see where the dmg is coming from and it just hits you and you are half dead or dead and you dont see it coming

No dont make the level zones into PvP areas or make People fight for it ,if the population is higher that fights will appear automatically no need to force it , but the idea is good
    ->Clanlevel-Areas you have to fight for like outposts would be something that comes to my mind with a Global Notification that some Clan just Hacked the entrance to it ,or something like it

Yeah some new quests that are Fun to play would be great or something else to do that isnt grinding but rewarding enough to do it, if you involve the community i think you could get some cool stuff and crazy ideas

Probably not a major issue for most people but still worth mentioning imo, since I've had discussions about this with other players

It would be nice to have some 'amount' interface when constructing or researching.
    Just drag the datacube or whatever into the processor, enter the amount you want to build ( +/- buttons / field for entering amount manually), click start. As long as you have the required raw materials in your inventory, just let construction run until the things are built.
    If some people worry about this being too easy.. (Powerleveling research missions Oo ..)
    Set a max amount able to be constructed.. like 50 or so..

Not having to tediously drag and drop things from your inventory to the processor for each weaponpart or whatever (knowing that you are going to build 50 or so more..), would be something I know some folks want desperately
    Last edited by GNomad; 13-04-17 at 20:31. Reason: grammar

I think something that goes overlooked way too much, and is really needed for balancing reasons, is the lack of male strippers in the pepper park sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by GNomad View Post
    Probably not a major issue for most people but still worth mentioning imo, since I've had discussions about this with other players

It would be nice to have some 'amount' interface when constructing or researching.
    Just drag the datacube or whatever into the processor, enter the amount you want to build ( +/- buttons / field for entering amount manually), click start. As long as you have the required raw materials in your inventory, just let construction run until the things are built.
    If some people worry about this being too easy.. (Powerleveling research missions Oo ..)
    Set a max amount able to be constructed.. like 50 or so..

Not having to tediously drag and drop things from your inventory to the processor for each weaponpart or whatever (knowing that you are going to build 50 or so more..), would be something I know some folks want desperately
    Yeah lets make it easier to build stuff in bulks so you can make Cash while Afk , would break the economy even more

100 percent revert the AoE nerf.

We got 5 woccet tanks in pepper park and AoE got nerfed into the ground. We were killing ourselves and missing constantly, it was hilarious fun. AoE does not require normal "aiming" but it isn't an auto-win easy mode, otherwise more people would have been doing it. With the population so low it's an accomplishment actually getting 5 capped and geared people together. Get 5 of anything together, with the right gear, on voice chat and it's hard to counter. If we had 5 apus barreling the zone line or 5 ionic pistol dudes or 5 sniper spies, it would have been the same. When something is overpowered (ppus, stealth, dev tanks, etc) everyone uses it.

Bring back Woccet League
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMh2R4eX0rY

Before all the gentlemens PvP, Neocron was about war. Remember Fang using MoonStrikers and barrels? AoE is a valid part of Neocron PvP and PvE. Bring it back 100%
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdVbg5qwm4&t=4m24s

Edit: I have never had AoE used against me in Neocron in a way that felt cheap or overpowered. The most brutal is probably barreling the UG and that usually means coming from a separate OP, a tactic that I consider perfectly fair. "I don't have time for that" ... then play CS:GO.

My #2 issue would be with doing something about stealth, but if aoe is brought back... I could probably settle for wocceting the bastards out of thin air. Shouldn't get so close spy boy! Hell, even the sucker punch would do something.
    Last edited by Drake6k; 13-04-17 at 23:16.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast