Thread: Important fixes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Important fixes

Okay chaps - to try and keep this tidy, rather than a flurry of suggestions on Discord - I want to try something.

Please give one suggestion of what you would like to see fixed/improved in the game. A description or suggestion of how you would like this implemented would be helpful. Multiple suggestions will be ignored - only your first suggestion will be counted as your most important thing. This is about me building up an idea of the one thing everyone really wants above everything else. Other suggests can go on Brainport as normal.

Please note that Resist and Weapons balancing is currently on the road map - but it's a long and complex process.

All ideas are up for suggestion, and I might make a poll out of it - but any flaming/trolling/blatently stupid suggestions will be removed.

If I find another post on this in Brainport, I'll cross-reference it with my reply for the sake of my own convenience.
    Last edited by Jarl; 12-04-17 at 21:23.

New Player Experience its a total disaster.
    How you start into Neocron , if you dont know what to do you will be lost and with a high chance log out of the game and never try again.

-the traders there should have very low prices on Ammunition

-clear and useful starting quests -> Pop Up into middle of the screen what you should do but not long texts keep it simple, nobody likes to read a wall of text thats basically saying kill those scorpions

-the GR shouldnt cost anything in MC5 to leave it quickly if you are not interested in staying there

-maybe make the map layout like the MC5 you will later farm in , would give new players the effect of "Whoa here i started my journey into NC"

Hi Chazz - this is noted - thank you for your feedback.

These ideas are already available here - I'm paying attention to this, as a Content member, so please feel free to flesh this out with any fresh ideas you may have.

Hacknet.

Specifically the falling to your death. You more than likely already know about it, but its time for change. Either lowering the platforms to the bottom, or lowering fall damage?
    If neither are doable, atleast make the gravity/data streams carry you back up.
    ALSO, farming codebreaker parts. What a fkin ball-ache.
    Trying to retreive dead v2.2.2s within the despawning timer, which is RIDICULOUS btw; feels like less than a minute.
    Not only that, 80% of the time, the fuckers will drift off the platforms, forcing you to take a leap of faith over the side, hoping you will survive/reach corpse in time. Having to use /set reset_position 1 as a game mechanic is distasteful.

The multiple areas you have to zone through to reach the faction databases. I feel that this might of been intentional to weed out the scrubs trying to bumrush hostile faction databases, but that's what the gert mob at the end is for.
    In the end it slows down an already tedious part of the game by forcing you to travel through two identical (annoying) zones twice. I have a feeling there are some redundant areas in faction databases too.

The area mainframes, e.i the big square room with no music sound where you can enter other factions, i assume this was left the way it was to accomidate future additions of factions, or an unfinished/abandoned attempt to put Doy factions into NC.
    Either way, the room is massive, and a constant reminder that the game is unfinished AF.

Slightly unrelated, but would it be possible to separate sound FX from Ambience?
    I like being able to hear laser weapons pewpewing and mutants groaning n shit, but i really dont like the loud hacknet music and outside wind blowing that come with it. It would be great if sound ambience came with its own slider.
    Last edited by ChrisTehClue; 12-04-17 at 21:06.

Well was starting on Hacknet too

-Hacknet is way to stretched out i mean the NC-DoY-Travels are way to big , would be great if it would be more compact

- Starting as a Hacker is even worse leveling than anything else i have played on NC , the Hack"Energy" drains too fast for too little dmg output , you feel like you are invincible with the hacknet buffs, but how to get better equip if its unrewarding Cash wise and drop

- Loot -> most of the time it feels extremly unrewarding -> low cash , no drops and just making a hacknet char for Ionic Weapons is everything there is to it , I know there are databases but you just loom a little hack and do it with another char so no use for going into enemy database

-The Visual is just Crap , just one color all the time cant be in there for long
    Last edited by Chazz; 12-04-17 at 21:17.

Sorry for double post, sue me.

Vehicles that require Rifle combat to use their weapons.

It would be great, and everyone would apprieciate and benefit if those vehicles required Tech combat instead.
    Its a big slap to the ball-bag for pistolers. One could even say discrimination.
    It couldnt hurt to add/convert some of the vehicles to Dex req instead.

The VHC requirement is fine the way it is though, as the new implant changes makes operating vehicles very accomodating.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTehClue View Post
    Hacknet.
    Thanks Chris.

There's also a post on this here
    Jarl
    Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Inteligence is the ability to adapt«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDhttp://www.neocron-game.com/get-supportFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​

Oh my bad, new to forum.