Thread: RPOS hummmmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RPOS hummmmmmm

OK we all know that when youhave the RPOS open there's a hummmmm sound...

Has anyone figured out how to replace the hum sound with silence?

I know that the replacement worldmap just gets placed in a correct (new) folder with the same filename as the original, and the game automatically uses the new add-on one and not the old one... And this is the same with many other games I've played.

Has anyone figured out (or can a GM/Mod/Dev tell me) what the hum sound filename and path is, so I can get rid of the sound?

Please?

Pretty please?
    Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Bearer of Nid's 13,000th post ex-machina's Avatar

It's unlikely the hum is a sound but rather just a related bug, of which nothing can be done. I could be wrong tho.

Nah, it's a looping sound... I use headphones I can hear it very clearly. Which is why I want it OFF!!

Mallets fix everything

Yep, when you have the RPOS open you can hear the humming. I think it's just part of the game, and I almost always play music when I'm playing anyway.

if someones made a programme that can browse and edit the neocron data files then it should just be replacing the sound file with one of an equal size ... a diff size may trigger an anti hack dead neocron sympton

i'd imagine KK dont want ya doing it - maybe ask for a function to kill it

You don't have to edit that files. As stated in the readme of the VFS browser all you have to do is place a file in the appropriate folders and it will override the files in the .pak files.

Example:
    Inside foo.pak there is a file called bar/baz.wav. If you want to replace that file just put a file called baz.wav into the foo/bar/ directory at the root of the neocron installation folder.
    Don't forget the mantra:
    Ivanova is always right.
    I will listen to Ivanova.
    I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations.
    Ivanova is god.

Originally posted by Susan Ivanova
    You don't have to edit that files. As stated in the readme of the VFS browser all you have to do is place a file in the appropriate folders and it will override the files in the .pak files.

Example:
    Inside foo.pak there is a file called bar/baz.wav. If you want to replace that file just put a file called baz.wav into the foo/bar/ directory at the root of the neocron installation folder.
    Too bad the VFS Browser only browses images. Well, you're getting warmer... I know the symantics of how it works... I need to know:

A) What is the file name of the RPOS hum,
    B) What is the path, relative to the Neocron root folder.

I know the sound is in /Neocron/sound.pak but I don't have a prog that will extract that, or even view that. Someone's got to. Help me out. This is something I've wanted for a long time, since Beta.

It's "\sound\terminal\RPOS_RUNNING.wav".
    Daniel "CoDi" Ludwig

"Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window." - Delta Sergeant First Class 'Hoot' Gibson, "Black Hawk Down"

We love you, CoDi!

EDIT: Now, to replace it with "GRAAAOPLINGG ROMPLES!!!" and a cat screaming.

Originally posted by CoDi
    It's "\sound\terminal\RPOS_RUNNING.wav".
    Will just deleting it remov the sound or will that cause problems ?
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

You can't simply delete it, because it is included in "sound.pak".

Just use Microsoft's own "Audiorecorder" tool to record a short sample. If you don't have any active sound sources (e.g. microphone), the sample will be silent. Save it as "RPOS_RUNNING.wav" and move it to your "<Neocron>\sound\terminal\" folder.

Small side effect: If we'd ever decide to patch this sample, you'll get a patcher error, then the launcher will try to download the "fixed" version.
    Last edited by CoDi; 14-08-03 at 15:02.
    Daniel "CoDi" Ludwig

"Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window." - Delta Sergeant First Class 'Hoot' Gibson, "Black Hawk Down"

hehe, see..Devs care :P
    "Come, Paladin, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant class."

Originally posted by CoDi
    You can't simply delete it, because it is included in "sound.pak".

Just use Microsoft's own "Audiorecorder" tool to record a short sample. If you don't have any active sound sources (e.g. microphone), the sample will be silent. Save it as "RPOS_RUNNING.wav" and move it to your "<Neocron>\sound\terminal\" folder.

Small side effect: If we'd ever decide to patch this sample, you'll get a patcher error, then the launcher will try to download the "fixed" version.
    YOU, SIR, ARE THE BOMB!!

/edit: oh man that worked beautifully. The silence is so much better IMHO. I'm a 175 researcher who does large jobs, that hummm was really getting to me. I felt like an old man who needed to change his hearing aid batteries or sumthin. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cass; 14-08-03 at 21:25.

Cass...winamp normally drowns that sound out...heh
    "Come, Paladin, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance and the end of your insignificant class."

Not with headphones, dude... I can still hear it very clearly. Well I could hear it... Now I cant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast