Default Coaxing players to take their LEs out

Currently, the LE chip exists to protect tradeskillers and levellers against big bads. It has the money malus, and the XP malus, but it's still possible to get things like WoC with an LE in. This feels a bit wrong.

I'm looking for realistic ideas to encourage players to pull their LEs out.

My first suggestion is that the Malus begins at level 40, and pretty much cripples a character by 55. By this point, they should be strong enough to defend against PKs, or run away at least. It gives them a boost on the levelling at lower levels, so they can get into the game quicker.

Now, for the record, I AM a recovering Carebear. It's only in the last couple of months I've joined a clan. However, I'm now having significantly more fun. You have better protection, it's easier to arrange farming/fighting, you can pool resources to get stuff you simply can't get on your own without a significant output of effort. IMHO this far outweighs the possibility of getting PKed, or losing a weapon, as most of the time, if you drop something important - the clan can just get you a new one anyway, so the only real negative is a couple of minutes getting a poke, and getting back on your way. Let's face it - that's nothing compared to the benefits.
    Last edited by Mal; 16-03-17 at 11:46.

Yes i would like something like this
    If it would be possible make the LE lower the droprate of Rare Parts

Just make permanent PvP lock under /50 or /40, with LE being optional chip afterwards with completely XP lock and cutting money by half. Leave rest as it is. Tradeskillers and tourists will be safe but progress will pause, with undergeared players being out of combat.

Not all players want an LE right off of the bat. I have a /29 character that I use for (comedy) PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Not all players want an LE right off of the bat. I have a /29 character that I use for (comedy) PVP.
    ^^^^

Especially if the NST is truly serious about taking NC to Steam. Noob wars will definitely be a thing.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron