Default Biotech Epic Run Bug (severe)

I've had a help ticket in for 5 days or so now. Decided to come to the forums to describe it as it doesn't fit into the in-game tickets.

On the lvl 40 Biotech Epic Run, I have completed the mission, gotten the reward (that sweet, sweet Moveon chip), but the quest will not complete. When I try to talk to McMillan again, he says he has already rewarded me (which he has), but he will not end the run. I have tried relogging and speaking to him again, but the same message appears. I have tried cancelling and starting the mission over, but the same message appears. This means that I cannot move forward to the lvl 45 Epic Run.

I think what is happening is this: When I originally completed the lvl 40 mission (two years or so ago), I switched factions before doing the lvl 45 mission. When I came back to Biotech as part of my desire to have every epic run completed (only 1 more to go!), it remembered that I had done it, but the conversation script does not allow for a successful ending of the quest if you had previously done the lvl 40 mission (when you switch factions and come back, it starts the missions over from #1, which I did not expect).

What would fix it would be this (I think): In the conversation script, if the variable has already been set for receiving the moveon (which triggers the conversation branch that says 'Ive already given you the reward'), simply successfully end the mission without giving the reward at the end of that branch, so that you can move on (pun intended) to the lvl 45 mission.

Thanks a lot for your help. Once I can get this resolved, I can complete the Biotech missions and move on to the CityMerc missions (the last one needed before I have them all!). The character that is having this issue is named 'Questing Beast' and currently has an in-game ticket in.

Jesse

Have you tried cancelling it, then doing a long log out (more than 30 seconds) and speaking to the HR guy again?

Default Yes

I have, yes. In fact Ive cancelled it, waited an entire day, then started the mission over and ran it through again, with the same result. I believe it has to do with a variable which is set when you receive the moveon that prevents you from completing the run again.

The issue is that when you switch factions before finishing the final (lvl 45 mission), you start the missions over again from #1. The conversation thread ('Ive already given you the reward') is a safety to prevent you from receiving a 2nd Moveon from switching factions and then switching back before completing the lvl 45 run (the moveon is awarded on the lvl 40 mission). However, the safety (running it down the 'Ive already given you the reward' conversation thread) does not allow you to complete the mission under ANY circumstances, essentially blocking the lvl 45 mission FOREVER under certain circumstances (that you switched factions after the lvl 40 mission but before completing the lvl 45). Am I being clear enough here? Im pretty sure I know exactly what is happening in the script.

Jesse

Hey Jesse,
    first of all: Sorry for the delay ( related to your ingame ticket; never saw you online ).

Thanks for your report; we're investigating the issue atm!

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks for checking into it! I hope my description helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Thanks for checking into it! I hope my description helps!
    Thanks for the reports, they are great. Xanthos and myself have investigated the issue and found the cause.

We also have a way to fix you so you can move you onto the final part. We need you online to apply the fix, so please create a ticket when you are online next and some likely times.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks a lot guys, you rock. See you online.