Default StartCom Certificate

Perhaps it's escaped everyone's notice, but StartCom is basically banned by most reasonable things at this point, so this sites certificate (and likely any other SSL transaction) no longer shows up as valid. Perhaps a switch to one of the other many free providers, perhaps letsencrypt or something. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Androth View Post
    Perhaps it's escaped everyone's notice, but StartCom is basically banned by most reasonable things at this point, so this sites certificate (and likely any other SSL transaction) no longer shows up as valid. Perhaps a switch to one of the other many free providers, perhaps letsencrypt or something. Just an idea.
    Thank you for the report. As far I can see and read that only certificates generated after 21. Oct. 2016 are affected by this ban.

Short side note: We do have a Class-2 certificates - a Class-1 is insufficient.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 04-03-17 at 12:00.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Thank you for the report. As far I can see and read that only certificates generated after 21. Oct. 2016 are affected by this ban.

Short side note: We do have a Class-2 certificates - a Class-1 is insufficient.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 9.19.16 AM.png

This is from google chrome. I see it's a class 2, I am browsing from a Mac, I do believe Apple dropped all the certs that come from that authority entirely, so it's possible that's where the issue lies. This link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204132 Sort of explains that, it does mention iOS, but it applies to MacOS as well according to articles.

Additionally https://security.googleblog.com/2016...-startcom.html Put's no limit on when the certs are issue, and simple slowly pulls anything cross signed by either wosign or startcom. I agree a class 1 is not sufficient, but I think it would be a good idea to get an authority far from the wosign people.