Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default R# 219.1 - 03.03.2017

Balancing

• Self inflicting damage lowered
    • Poison resistance effectiveness increased a bit

SOFTUPDATES are changes that don't require an update through the launcher or a server shutdown. SOFTUPDATES are applied to your local client while you play the game.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Thanks Z - any info on the actual magnitude of those changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Thanks Z - any info on the actual magnitude of those changes?
    Selfinflicting damage is lowered by factor ~2 and poison resistances are increased by + ~15%.

These values are very rough and made by me and just a meant as a "band aid fix" until Aegir's changes are pushed to titan.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    ... and poison resistances are increased by + ~15%.

These values are very rough and made by me and just a meant as a "band aid fix" until Aegir's changes are pushed to titan.
    Thanks Z - I think a lot of people will be happy with the self damage reduction.

Regarding poison resists. Does this mean that a single point in poison is now stronger and has a bigger impact then a single point in energy, etc? Or does this bring them all inline?

e.g. Purely hypothetically and simplistic figures but 1 energy point = 0.50% reduction & 1 poison point = 0.57% reduction?

Zoltan I have to say, thank you, and thank everyone else so much for listening to people's concerns. It left me with a huge sense of hope and positivity to see these changes with this patch. The self AOE damage was getting unbearable to the point of being rage-quitting somewhat.

Josh you are so right too I Let my friends know about this little patch here and they said because of it they'll begin playing again . Yay! Combined with the fact that leveling through poision mobs is easier now? I'll take that! Hunting the 34/34 spider mobs in the PP1 lower sewers feels really fun once again. Hurray! No more ridiculous four, five hit kill poision attacks.

Yeah it's been very quiet in game with the high level of self inflicted damage. Hopefully the streets will be a little busier now!