Default R# 219.1 - 03.03.2017

Balancing

• Self inflicting damage lowered
    • Poison resistance effectiveness increased a bit

SOFTUPDATES are changes that don't require an update through the launcher or a server shutdown. SOFTUPDATES are applied to your local client while you play the game.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Thanks Z - any info on the actual magnitude of those changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Thanks Z - any info on the actual magnitude of those changes?
    Selfinflicting damage is lowered by factor ~2 and poison resistances are increased by + ~15%.

These values are very rough and made by me and just a meant as a "band aid fix" until Aegir's changes are pushed to titan.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    ... and poison resistances are increased by + ~15%.

These values are very rough and made by me and just a meant as a "band aid fix" until Aegir's changes are pushed to titan.
    Thanks Z - I think a lot of people will be happy with the self damage reduction.

Regarding poison resists. Does this mean that a single point in poison is now stronger and has a bigger impact then a single point in energy, etc? Or does this bring them all inline?

e.g. Purely hypothetically and simplistic figures but 1 energy point = 0.50% reduction & 1 poison point = 0.57% reduction?

Zoltan I have to say, thank you, and thank everyone else so much for listening to people's concerns. It left me with a huge sense of hope and positivity to see these changes with this patch. The self AOE damage was getting unbearable to the point of being rage-quitting somewhat.

Josh you are so right too I Let my friends know about this little patch here and they said because of it they'll begin playing again . Yay! Combined with the fact that leveling through poision mobs is easier now? I'll take that! Hunting the 34/34 spider mobs in the PP1 lower sewers feels really fun once again. Hurray! No more ridiculous four, five hit kill poision attacks.

Yeah it's been very quiet in game with the high level of self inflicted damage. Hopefully the streets will be a little busier now!

Its definitely better now but oh my gosh devs """Please""" would you fix the shitty AOE damage across all classes. Dude making a tank HC guy starting in MC5, the damage on grenade launchers now is just painful to bare along with. Dude you cant kill anything starting out as a tank anymore. What did you guys do .

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKane View Post
    Its definitely better now but oh my gosh devs """Please""" would you fix the shitty AOE damage across all classes. Dude making a tank HC guy starting in MC5, the damage on grenade launchers now is just painful to bare along with. Dude you cant kill anything starting out as a tank anymore. What did you guys do .
    Try starting as a Droner or a Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Try starting as a Droner or a Hacker
    Lol hilarious joke, thanks for the laugh =). I already had a WOC1 droner and WOC2 tank before 2.3. After these changes, and since November, clearly half the issues present now will never be fixed. I'm done playing. Thank you Nidhogg, Zoltan, and other devs for genuinely taking every fun method of dealing damage out of the game. I'll also be sure to let my friends again know to not bother playing. Zoltan to address to you as well...I do not appreciate how you dodge criticism, and looking over your speech habits and behaviors, it's also very clear you're not interested in addressing genuine criticism. It's not a personal attack against you or anyone. I'm just giving you my opinion.
    Last edited by AgentKane; 08-03-17 at 04:16.

What exactly happened to you between...

Zoltan I have to say, thank you, and thank everyone else so much for listening to people's concerns. It left me with a huge sense of hope and positivity to see these changes with this patch. The self AOE damage was getting unbearable to the point of being rage-quitting somewhat.

Josh you are so right too I Let my friends know about this little patch here and they said because of it they'll begin playing again . Yay! Combined with the fact that leveling through poision mobs is easier now? I'll take that! Hunting the 34/34 spider mobs in the PP1 lower sewers feels really fun once again. Hurray! No more ridiculous four, five hit kill poision attacks.

..and...

Lol hilarious joke, thanks for the laugh =). I already had a WOC1 droner and WOC2 tank before 2.3. After these changes, and since November, clearly half the issues present now will never be fixed. I'm done playing. Thank you Nidhogg, Zoltan, and other devs for genuinely taking every fun method of dealing damage out of the game. I'll also be sure to let my friends again know to not bother playing. Zoltan to address to you as well...I do not appreciate how you dodge criticism, and looking over your speech habits and behaviors, it's also very clear you're not interested in addressing genuine criticism. It's not a personal attack against you or anyone. I'm just giving you my opinion.

?

I think I have missed some episodes here...
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

I said the same thing to Jack; but I think this may re-inforce what I've been saying on Discord. The AOE self damage appears to be driving down player levels. I'm of the opinion that it could be prudent to get a wider range of opinions on the matter so that it may be fed back properly. Perhaps a poll?

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

It´s not really the AOE self damage but the rather low AOE damage towards enemies. Doesn´t matter which weapons/drones used, leveling with AOE weapons in general seems borked compared to 2.1 or 2.2 and doesn´t help motivate returning vets to pick the game up again
    Inspector Mittens

Just got back from a business trip. Wow Zoltan that's all you have to say to a frustrated player? Thanks. I figured the change would've been good but the damage self AOE is still ridiculous, and you can't even level a starting tank anymore with the starter grenade launcher.