If i can overcast low tl shields with higher ones no problem with longer shields / Buffs but making everyone albe to deshield is not good.

if I cant overcast lower tls and you make shields last longer it will be pointless to play a PPU because you cant fight with a Shitbuff for long.

It wont benefit PPUs much because in Fights even with 3 min shields you can make it work
    but the Buffs should have a longer duration.

maybe make it so that you can antishield rare Shields only with Rare antishields , would make Apus a bit more useful counter to PPUs and give them an edge over Hybrids again.

It requires skill to reshield in the middle of the fight (Teammates) and makes it a little challenging to play PPU
    Last edited by Chazz; 19-05-17 at 15:13.

I don't like the idea of everyone getting getting anti - why bother with apu then?

I don't think overcasting shields with higher TL should be a thing either, it dumbs down the skill ceiling and makes anti + "Shit buff" pointless - again harming the apu in the process

Making them last too long would harm the ppu though. I'd just buff and then log out to a fighter for the 30-60 mins. The extra DPS would outweigh the lower heal ticks.

I kind of like the idea of an anti only stripping it's own tier and lower HOWEVER, you've just killed the hybrid as most fights involve ppu. Maybe add an effect which reduces the effectiveness of shields? The higher TL anti the higher reduction in shield strength? I feel this would be a big job though and honestly this point shouldn't be changed till many other things are addressed.

Summary:
    I think the duration should simply be increased and other mechanics left as is 10 min all longs 5 min all shields.

All other issues regarding anti, "shit buffing", overcasting can be solved with just 1 apu & 1 ppu.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    if I cant overcast lower tls and you make shields last longer it will be pointless to play a PPU because you cant fight with a Shitbuff for long.

It wont benefit PPUs much because in Fights even with 3 min shields you can make it work
    but the Buffs should have a longer duration.

maybe make it so that you can antishield rare Shields only with Rare antishields , would make Apus a bit more useful counter to PPUs and give them an edge over Hybrids again.

It requires skill to reshield in the middle of the fight (Teammates) and makes it a little challenging to play PPU
    Please learn how to play the game, it sounds like you have difficulty aiming, otherwise you can overcome this.

You quoted, "it requires skill to reshield in the middle of the fight (Teammates) and makes it a little challenging to play PPU" .... There is your issue my friend, you lack the skill. No one has ever moaned about this, it has been around for a long time.

I see no issue with shit buffing, as a ppu you should be more focused on your buffs.

Failing that, play an LE'd char, you sound like a carebear.

Quote Originally Posted by PaIn_EaSeR1337 View Post
    Please learn how to play the game, it sounds like you have difficulty aiming, otherwise you can overcome this.

You quoted, "it requires skill to reshield in the middle of the fight (Teammates) and makes it a little challenging to play PPU" .... There is your issue my friend, you lack the skill. No one has ever moaned about this, it has been around for a long time.

-> you really dont read the post im replying too ,its no moaning its stating a fact ,if you change the duration ,you have longer shitbuffs and then shorter fights but you wont understand that

I see no issue with shit buffing, as a ppu you should be more focused on your buffs.

-> so i just should buff myself and do what exactly in an Opfight , if i read your post correctly you are a member of rekless and then its no wonder you dont understand my point of view because noone of you guys plays a PPU just your hybrids

Failing that, play an LE'd char, you sound like a carebear.

-> maybe you should just do that , you sound so biased and dont really contribute anything to the discussion except trying to troll guys that try to improve , balance the game or have ideas
    I would like to point out that most guys that have ideas or discuss here keep the personal stuff or ingame flaming in the game except some special snowflakes that somehow cant stop insulting or flaming people.
    My answers are in the Quote

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    I don't like the idea of everyone getting getting anti - why bother with apu then?
    He has other roles to play besides antibuffing.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    He has other roles to play besides antibuffing.
    Yes dps, which all other classes can also do with more survivability whilst outputting virtually the same dps.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Yes dps, which all other classes can also do with more survivability whilst outputting virtually the same dps.
    Most other classes do more dps atm , so the only upside a Apu has is his Anti , but hybrids can also anti singleshields even rare PPU shields

Then post feedback in the balancing section. If the APU doesnt have good enough DPS output for his (lack of) survivability that issue is to do with the APU, nothing at all to do with antibuffing.

The two issues are intrinsically linked, yes, but entirely separate at the same time.

This is why we had Monkocron all those years ago. I am keen to see that playing field levelled and I see this as one of the integral changes which needs to happen to give this game a much more appealing pvp playing field.

+1 for this idea, is this idea still under consideration?

If I understand correctly, the only downside to longer buffs/shields is it makes shit-buffs more powerful against PPUs. If the NST could figure out how to let us right click on buffs to cancel them, it would solve a lot of problems. PPU having to stop for a second to cancel a shit-buff seems fair and more powerful than the current run around in a panic for 3 minutes. Also, if someone gets a drone1 buff or something else they don't want, they could easily take the buff off.

I've been playing my blessed PE lately and having to rebuff constantly isn't fun.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Just make a higher tl shield overwrite a lower one and a self cast shield overwrite a foreign one.

Problem solved.

Honestly other buffs in this game are aids.

They make fights drag out so much longer than they should. Let PPUs buff themselves. Hybrids, PEs, and Spies can buff themselves with significantly shittier buffs. Tanks get no buffs. Period. End of story.

Just my 2 cents.
    The Melee Pusher

Patiently waiting when I can use a Greatsaber in the wastes of Neocron

eXodus Clan ****************** Skansy's Avatar

Hey there

I think, making shields longer would be shitty.
    Im playing PPU and sure, it would be much easier to support ... but you dont have to support 10 players with one PPU ...
    So i dont want longer shields, but i would like to have "recast" enable again

i also loved the "mechanic / feature" with wear down the shields by getting damage.

maybe we can get that back

No need to make them last longer, a good ppu recast them as much as possible as they fade when they got hit !!
    When I had my ppu, I casted the shields every minutes minimum !! So making it last longer is bullshit imo.

Maybe make them take less psi pool, or fade less fast ?

Kalonji
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Honestly other buffs in this game are aids.

They make fights drag out so much longer than they should. Let PPUs buff themselves. Hybrids, PEs, and Spies can buff themselves with significantly shittier buffs. Tanks get no buffs. Period. End of story.

Just my 2 cents.
    So you then basically remove the benefit of having a PPU at all in any kind of fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Skansy View Post
    Hey there

I think, making shields longer would be shitty.
    Im playing PPU and sure, it would be much easier to support ... but you dont have to support 10 players with one PPU ...
    So i dont want longer shields, but i would like to have "recast" enable again

i also loved the "mechanic / feature" with wear down the shields by getting damage.

maybe we can get that back
    .... and you want to take 1 ppu for every fighter that is in the fight. That is effectively what your idea suggests.

You do realise that having a single PPU to look after the majority of the fighters is actually the FAIREST way to balance the PPU class right?

If you limit them to a ratio of 1:1 then any team not comprised of that ratio or as close to it as possible is automatically gimped by design.

If the ration is 1:10 or 1:8 or something similar - effectively allowing the PPU to become a good solid force multiplier without being dependent on him/her then you get a "proper" fight where he is as useful as the rest of his team is for dps. Jacks suggestion is actually a whole massive step in this direction and helps ALL players NOT be reliant on the PPU. How this is not an obvious benefit is completely beyond me.

Or would you guys rather relegate the ppu to purely being there to grind regants/other pve encounters and not see the light of day in pvp ever?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast