Lightbulb Make shields (PAD) last longer

Protector, Absorber, Deflector. They last 3 minutes. Could they last 5 minutes?...
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

+1 it's a pain to have to sit and re-buff constantly and reduces my effective time in PVP.

Sure, my 'effective' time in PVP is negligable, but I still don't want to spend it throwing buffs up

++ imho
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

+1 for sure! Do it dev-team, do it <3

How about extending this and making all "longs" last 10 mins - at the moment they scale 6 / 8 / 10 mins for each tier Crahn, Blessed, Holy?

I have an another idea... let us make the duration scaling up with the "skill vs TL" factor.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I have an another idea... let us make the duration scaling up with the "skill vs TL" factor.
    As long as we get a proper countdown I'd agree.

Else I'd love a fixed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    It would be annoying if the buffs ended at different times. I wanna be able to recast them all at once.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

If they last longer then higher TL should overwrite lower TL Shields or else if i get "shit" Buffed i have to wait 5 min to get Back into the Fight with my PPU

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    If they last longer then higher TL should overwrite lower TL Shields or else if i get "shit" Buffed i have to wait 5 min to get Back into the Fight with my PPU
    Not sure I agree - we need a way to be able to counter a PPU. Perhaps if it was on a timer before you could over-cast it. Like 10-20 seconds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Not sure I agree - we need a way to be able to counter a PPU. Perhaps if it was on a timer before you could over-cast it. Like 10-20 seconds or something.
    There is a counter already with the debuff/deshield dont know if its a apu or ppu module now , it gave the apu as a debuff and target caller a certain role ,when i played years ago

Bump! Please don't forget about this suggestion. At least 5 minute shields is totally fair.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

As much as I would like to disagree with jackdrake.... On this one I can't... longer sheilds would benefit the current player base if I'm being honest...

I would suggest making all of the primes last 1 hour and all of the shields last 30 minutes.

I would then allow all shields and primes to be overwritten by a fresh cast.

I would then give all classes some form of antibuff (RoF scalable with TL).

I think stopping to twat about with buffs is one of the major reasons why group pvp felt so disjointed in this game. It isnt a skill, its an annoyance. The fight should be about movement and maintaining your lock on your opponent, not staggering around trying to rebuff because 2 minutes is up. If you need to rebuff due to an aggressive action that is a different thing as your opponent has given up his ability to damage you in order to weaken your defences. Therefore they likely will need to be quick to capitalise but having a buff fall off because the UI is so old is not something I think has a place in modern NC.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast